Joe Wicks #6 My mum was a fail, she didn’t feed me kale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been on the phone to my mum because she fed me Rice Krispies as a child ! I’m fuming 😤 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Someone I know who isn’t on here, doesn’t follow him on Insta or anything mentioned him to me the other day. She knows nothing about him, but said she’d seen him on tv talking about the crap diet his mum had given him as a child. She said I’m guessing they don’t get on or she’s not in his life anymore?
I was like nope...his mums actually very active in his life and looks after his kids etc and she was shocked.

So yeah, his constant mum slagging is giving the impression to people that know nothing about him that his mum was crap.
I hope when he next wants to dump the kids on her she tells him to duck off. Except she won’t because he’s constantly guilt tripping her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Everything in the lady's post is absolutely true, but she's barking up the wrong tree. Obviously Joe isn't going to add that to his post, because clearly the reason Indie can say these words is because of his superior parenting ability!

Couldn't say dinosaur or sunflower though. How very remiss of him! Time to get back to those flash cards! 😉

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Everything in the lady's post is absolutely true, but she's barking up the wrong tree. Obviously Joe isn't going to add that to his post, because clearly the reason Indie can say these words is because of his superior parenting ability!

Couldn't say dinosaur or sunflower though. How very remiss of him! Time to get back to those flash cards! 😉
What a braggy parent post that talking video is. He genuinely believes it's all down to him. Why is he even posting it it's a weaning page ?!

Also it's hardly break though advice read to your kid at bedtime 😂

My oldest could say a lot of words and very clearly at a young age. The other two didn't speak as quickly but guess what they can all talk fluent English now 🤪

I don't think first time parents should be allowed parenting pages 😆 or not until their kids are at least 12.

• Haha

She’s definitely barking up the wrong tree there....the messiah thinks his super dad abilities are the only reason. He’ll get a(bother) surprise with Marley I suspect

Reactions: 6

I actually don’t think I could cope if he started quoting the early years milestones (teacher here) he’ll be a bloody expert in them too soon.
I’ve got a few friends who have unfollowed him because his posts make them feel inferior as a parent 😔 I’m personally a bit more thick skinned but can totally see why people would feel tit after watching king Joe

• Sad
Reactions: 8
You have to be so careful when bragging about your pride at your child’s milestones when your audience is other parents. Mine was an amazing talker and I’ll never forget telling another mum about how great her speech was coming along and see her face fall - because I’d Inadvertently pressed on something she was anxious about in her own little girl. You spend so much time worrying about your kids and it’s so easy to trample on someone’s feelings and anxieties.

It’s a funny thing to brag about too - knowing lots of words is obviously a quantifiable thing to show off, but encouraging language in context, conversational flow, back and forth etc are important too in learning communication skills. He says he makes it fun, but not sure constantly being tested sounds like much of a laugh to me....songs, stories, conversations and role play sound much more exciting!

• Heart
You have to be so careful when bragging about your pride at your child’s milestones when your audience is other parents. Mine was an amazing talker and I’ll never forget telling another mum about how great her speech was coming along and see her face fall - because I’d Inadvertently pressed on something she was anxious about in her own little girl. You spend so much time worrying about your kids and it’s so easy to trample on someone’s feelings and anxieties.

It’s a funny thing to brag about too - knowing lots of words is obviously a quantifiable thing to show off, but encouraging language in context, conversational flow, back and forth etc are important too in learning communication skills. He says he makes it fun, but not sure constantly being tested sounds like much of a laugh to me....songs, stories, conversations and role play sound much more exciting!
The latest video tells me that they just encourage Indie to repeat words parrot fashion and probably keep repeating the word until says it. That’s not fun for a 2 year old and doesn’t show any comprehension. It’s just repetition which any parent can do.

Reactions: 15
Long time lurker here. I mean what was Indies supper 😳 a thrown together bowl of nothing. I’m down with tonsillitis, sweating one moment and shaking the other, but even I managed to do a nicer supper for my son. Tortellini, pesto and broccoli. Just give the kid some proper food already.

Reactions: 9
Buy that boy a dribble bib! Every day his neck looks soaked!

Long time lurker here. I mean what was Indies supper 😳 a thrown together bowl of nothing. I’m down with tonsillitis, sweating one moment and shaking the other, but even I managed to do a nicer supper for my son. Tortellini, pesto and broccoli. Just give the kid some proper food already.
What was with Indies dinner, no wonder she left most of it! Bit mean!

Reactions: 3
Spaghetti, broccoli, potato, lentils, carrot....what the fuuuuuuckkkk? SO mean considering hes had a Danish pastry today while he gives her that slop. Such a hypocrite. Never heard of anyone eating spaghetti pasta and potato together 😷

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Spaghetti, broccoli, potato, lentils, carrot....what the fuuuuuuckkkk? SO mean considering hes had a Danish pastry today while he gives her that slop. Such a hypocrite. Never heard of anyone eating spaghetti pasta and potato together 😷
Definitely a 0-100 on the carbs front 😳

One positive - I love the contrast in interaction with the kids when it’s just Rosie. The way Marley lights up to her is so adorable, and it’s so much calmer...

Reactions: 10
He’s such a pretentious twit with all the WOW my child can say words crap !
So boring !!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The latest video tells me that they just encourage Indie to repeat words parrot fashion and probably keep repeating the word until says it. That’s not fun for a 2 year old and doesn’t show any comprehension. It’s just repetition which any parent can do.
Completely agree. We have friends who’s child is 6months older than our son and they constantly ‘humble brag’ about what she can do to us/all over FB...the latest is that she can can ‘read’ her books. She can’t read, she’s just learnt the story verbatim so can parrot them back. My partner and I do chuckle about it as we see it for what it is, unnecessary bragging. This is all Joe is doing with Indie - put the phone away and talk to her about different things, sing songs, play games etc.

I did this too and was mortified as it wasn’t my intention.

Also I doubt anyone will be interested when Indie is in the working world as to how many words she could recite at just under the age of 2 - all kids get there at their own pace.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
He says he makes it fun, but not sure constantly being tested sounds like much of a laugh to me....songs, stories, conversations and role play sound much more exciting!
I think someone needs to explain to him the definition of 'fun'...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They forgot to make Indie's dinner because they were too busy hunting for that elusive vegetable, the parsnip.

Before: she's happy with it though
After: she left it all.

What a hero

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Weren't all kids in the 80s/90s fed sugary cereal? It was the trend at the time. The adverts were all over prime time tv and were aimed at kids. They used cartoon characters to target the advertising at kids. They still do! Some cereals were even promoted as being 'low fat' and were marketed as dieting aids. I'm really not buying that he was hard done by. It sounds like he had a relatively normal upbringing to me.
This absolute clown would tit himself if he saw how much sugar I was allowed to put on my rice krispies as a kid. My mum wasn't arsed because it was the only added sugar I had in the week. And guys, I'm a nutritionist who is healthy. My mum didn't give me kale, spinach or even broccoli because we all hate it but we are and were healthy and happy. If that meant being off our rocker for the day, so be it.

Unless you're having sugars added to everything you eat, theres nothing wrong with a bit. Uve me Joe wicks and I can safely say, he was sat eating chocolate and crisps. So he isn't as healthy and against it as he reckons.

And he's capitalising on covid with his PE thing. Absolute crank.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why is the picture in the book so pink and appealing and the made version so slop coloured? Just made me cross that off our meal plan! Was going to use it as a dip, my daughter has just discovered dipping her food in things.

Reactions: 1
Why is he always posting pictures of Cake and Alcohol ! I would be fuming if I had signed up to his 90 day plan.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.