Joe Wicks #6 My mum was a fail, she didn’t feed me kale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heard about 5 mins of his live with SR nutrition and once again slamming his mother for giving him sugary cereal... 🤦‍♀️ Didn't we all have frosties or sugar puffs at one point, they were literally marketed to children. It wasn't like she was feeding him something illegal like crack cocaine but the way he talks about it is like his mother potentially could've ruined his childhood forever it's so ridiculous. Joe is literally still hyperactive now it's not because of some cereal... Your mum did her best Joe you don't have to find a way to slate her on every occasion!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I used to love chopped bananas on my cereal, esp Rice Krispies!

Reactions: 3
Weren't all kids in the 80s/90s fed sugary cereal? It was the trend at the time. The adverts were all over prime time tv and were aimed at kids. They used cartoon characters to target the advertising at kids. They still do! Some cereals were even promoted as being 'low fat' and were marketed as dieting aids. I'm really not buying that he was hard done by. It sounds like he had a relatively normal upbringing to me.
Kellogg’s variety packs were life! No one ate the cornflakes though did they? It was all about the coco pops and Frosties!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
No he clearly doesn’t want it dipping back in...he just wants to chew the spoon! He’s so uninterested in food but they just keep shoving it in anyway.
He was quite rude about that spoon. The lady behind it gave it to him as a gift...”I didn’t think I’d use it...it’s actually quite a well designed product”. A tad ungrateful, he could just say it was a gift and it was well designed! The “actually” as if he assumed it’d be rubbish after he got given it...

As for the cereal...we’re a similar age and he seems to be assuming current trends in food applied then too. I loved a bowl of Riciles back then and although I wouldn’t personally feed my child that now, I don’t think my parents were childhood ruining monsters for feeding me that 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 16
He was quite rude about that spoon. The lady behind it gave it to him as a gift...”I didn’t think I’d use it...it’s actually quite a well designed product”. A tad ungrateful, he could just say it was a gift and it was well designed! The “actually” as if he assumed it’d be rubbish after he got given it...

As for the cereal...we’re a similar age and he seems to be assuming current trends in food applied then too. I loved a bowl of Riciles back then and although I wouldn’t personally feed my child that now, I don’t think my parents were childhood ruining monsters for feeding me that 🤷‍♀️
Omg I noticed that. My god you're gifted a product that is actually helpful just say thank you and praise it no need to tell everyone you thought it would be crap but look guys I'm actually using it and am shocked that it's actually good! Back-handed complimenting at its finest... 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
If 👏 your 👏 baby 👏 isn't 👏 opening 👏 their 👏 mouth 👏 get 👏 your 👏 bleeping 👏 spoon 👏 away 👏

I've finally unfollowed. Really can't bare to see Marley having green slop spread all round his face for no reason anymore. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've got them spoons I got them a few weeks back he didn't explain them well-they are designed for blw because they dip and the holes hold on to the foods-like yoghurt or porridge they are dippers because babies can't scoop with a spoon. Ignorant-and yeah dismissive and pisses me off I paid full price and he gets them free and hasn't bothered to know why they are designed like that. I've just ordered a chewtensil today they are a dipper and a fork opposite sides look fab,bet he bloody gets one of them free too 🙄

Reactions: 4
Weren't all kids in the 80s/90s fed sugary cereal? It was the trend at the time. The adverts were all over prime time tv and were aimed at kids. They used cartoon characters to target the advertising at kids. They still do! Some cereals were even promoted as being 'low fat' and were marketed as dieting aids. I'm really not buying that he was hard done by. It sounds like he had a relatively normal upbringing to me.
I was just about to say this... acts like he had such a tit life holidaying in the south of France with his sugary cereal. What a crappy childhood eh?

Reactions: 9
If 👏 your 👏 baby 👏 isn't 👏 opening 👏 their 👏 mouth 👏 get 👏 your 👏 bleeping 👏 spoon 👏 away 👏

I've finally unfollowed. Really can't bare to see Marley having green slop spread all round his face for no reason anymore. 😬
Yeah me too. Unfollowed quite a few insta numpties this weekend. Joe's an insufferable idiot and I can no longer stand to watch him and how he behaves towards his children.

Reactions: 5
Heard about 5 mins of his live with SR nutrition and once again slamming his mother for giving him sugary cereal... 🤦‍♀️ Didn't we all have frosties or sugar puffs at one point, they were literally marketed to children. It wasn't like she was feeding him something illegal like crack cocaine but the way he talks about it is like his mother potentially could've ruined his childhood forever it's so ridiculous. Joe is literally still hyperactive now it's not because of some cereal... Your mum did her best Joe you don't have to find a way to slate her on every occasion!
They used to have toy in the box and often ran offers to send away for bowls or other branded items. We used to be allowed to put sugar on the more bland type - rice krispies or born flakes :oops:

Reactions: 13
They used to have toy in the box and often ran offers to send away for bowls or other branded items. We used to be allowed to put sugar on the more bland type - rice krispies or born flakes :oops:
My mother still has the toys we collected and man, we ate a LOT of cereal judging by the number of them! Thinking about it I was bottle fed too - hadn’t realised what monstrous parents I had 🤣

Did anyone else used to have one of the blander cereals then follow up with one of the sugary ones for a breakfast pudding? 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Saaaame! Sugar all over those rice krispies!

Reactions: 7
My mother still has the toys we collected and man, we ate a LOT of cereal judging by the number of them! Thinking about it I was bottle fed too - hadn’t realised what monstrous parents I had 🤣

Did anyone else used to have one of the blander cereals then follow up with one of the sugary ones for a breakfast pudding? 🙈
Breakfast pudding!! That really made me laugh.

Reactions: 2
I've got them spoons I got them a few weeks back he didn't explain them well-they are designed for blw because they dip and the holes hold on to the foods-like yoghurt or porridge they are dippers because babies can't scoop with a spoon. Ignorant-and yeah dismissive and pisses me off I paid full price and he gets them free and hasn't bothered to know why they are designed like that. I've just ordered a chewtensil today they are a dipper and a fork opposite sides look fab,bet he bloody gets one of them free too 🙄
What make are the spoons please ? :)

Why are they feeding Marley so fast. He is still tasting and dealing with one mouthful and they're already trying to put a second mouthful in!!! Such big mouthfuls too! Slow bloody down. When my 6 month old doesnt want any we stop after a couple of tries and put everything away so as not to stress him. Next meal time hes fine. Practise what you preach.

Also, calm down Saint Joe, you're not doomed to a life of misery just because your Mam gave you a bowl of bleeping sugar puffs as a kid. Christ. Build a bridge and climb the hell over it.

Reactions: 23
Exactly. I was born in 1981 so a few years older than him and I ate the typical cereals that were out at the time. They were laden with sugar and then kids added more. He’s such an idiot thinking he’s hard done by.

Reactions: 7
Why are they feeding Marley so fast. He is still tasting and dealing with one mouthful and they're already trying to put a second mouthful in!!! Such big mouthfuls too! Slow bloody down. When my 6 month old doesnt want any we stop after a couple of tries and put everything away so as not to stress him. Next meal time hes fine. Practise what you preach.

Also, calm down Saint Joe, you're not doomed to a life of misery just because your Mam gave you a bowl of bleeping sugar puffs as a kid. Christ. Build a bridge and climb the hell over it.
You wouldn’t think theyd weaned a child before would you?!

Reactions: 6
I did because my mother never bought them normally.
This was me too....variety packs were for special occasions only....weetabix the rest of the time 😂

Saaaame! Sugar all over those rice krispies!
Yep, because I wasn’t allowed ricicles....would probably have been a better option now I think of it 😬

I still have a breakfast pudding now if I stay in a hotel....follow up with a little pastry or something 😂🙈

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.