Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen this. I really worry that his workouts are not at all tailored for kids or ever come with any warnings etc and he keeps trying to make them harder ?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Just seen this. I really worry that his workouts are not at all tailored for kids or ever come with any warnings etc and he keeps trying to make them harder ?
I messaged Joe about his workouts being really hard, since they're aimed at children. He replied and was actually very polite which I was surprised at. Normally influencers block you when you critique something. Lol.

And wow, that is scary. That is why I worry about so many people doing online classes tbh especially if they were gym goers before and aren't sure of modifications. I taught at a gym so luckily know mods pretty well but it could be dangerous for those who don't know the correct form or mods.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I messaged Joe about his workouts being really hard, since they're aimed at children. He replied and was actually very polite which I was surprised at. Normally influencers block you when you critique something. Lol.

And wow, that is scary. That is why I worry about so many people doing online classes tbh especially if they were gym goers before and aren't sure of modifications. I taught at a gym so luckily know mods pretty well but it could be dangerous for those who don't know the correct form or mods.
He replied saying what?

Reactions: 2
Ah I’m not familiar with her. To be fair, it’s a statement that could apply to a lot of ‘gurus’.
She's Greg Rutherford's (the long jumper) girlfriend and is an influencer, there's been a bit of a furore because she posted some racist tweets a few years ago and they have been uncovered.

Exactly what I was thinking. He’s somehow managed to make this about himself again (I might be being oversensitive because he pisses me off so much). He’s doing damage control. I honestly and truthfully don’t feel this post of his has come from a genuine place. As I said I might be being unreasonable because his recent behaviour but I just don’t buy it. Why not feature black clients or black colleagues. I’ve never seen any
I reckon he’s had so much backlash that his PR people have gone into damage control mode!

Reactions: 4
Marley who’s Marley 🤷‍♀️
“The little boy who kept me awake all night”, according to his stories this morning 🙄 Was Indie a unicorn who slept through really early? It seems to really surprise him / piss him off that his young baby wakes in the night...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Jesus, that's awful! He really should acknowledge this and put out some sort of safety information. I do notice he doesn't seem to do much in the way of "if you've got high blood pressure then do it this way, if you've got a bad knee do it this way". My friend who has just qualified in teaching pilates ALWAYS issues caveats on how to alter certain movements depending on any issues you may have. A jog on the spot warmup and bit of a stretchy warm down doesn't quite cover it.

Jesus, that's awful! He really should acknowledge this and put out some sort of safety information. I do notice he doesn't seem to do much in the way of "if you've got high blood pressure then do it this way, if you've got a bad knee do it this way". My friend who has just qualified in teaching pilates ALWAYS issues caveats on how to alter certain movements depending on any issues you may have. A jog on the spot warmup and bit of a stretchy warm down doesn't quite cover it.
start of any workout class ive ever been to the instructor always asks if there's anyone new and has anyone got any issues or injuries. If they have they normally advise an alternative to do whilst everyone else carries on with normal routine and come round and check your ok!

He really can't let her do anything without food without prodding it himself. She wasn't harming anyone playing with the dough!

“The little boy who kept me awake all night”, according to his stories this morning 🙄 Was Indie a unicorn who slept through really early? It seems to really surprise him / piss him off that his young baby wakes in the night...
Yes, she slept through from being weeks old and when they went to santa Monica when she was about 10 weeks old she slept 14 hours in a row. He doesn't seem to have any comprehension of how unusual that is.

There is also no wonder they cracked on with a second baby so quickly, they must have thought this parenting lark was a piece of piss!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
There is no way I would eat anything made in that kitchen ! The babies are allowed to sit on the work tops and sometimes naked and Indies feet all over the work top 🤢 Joe looks like he smells he’s always sweating 😅
Just the thought of eating in that house makes me gag !

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Yes, she slept through from being weeks old and when they went to santa Monica when she was about 10 weeks old she slept 14 hours in a row. He doesn't seem to have any comprehension of how unusual that is.

There is also no wonder they cracked on with a second baby so quickly, they must have thought this parenting lark was a piece of piss!
Reminds me of my pompous arse ex brother in law. I had premmie twins who didn’t regularly sleep through until they were about three and would each wake several times a night (never together) for feeds. His daughter was a dream new born, waking once in the night for a quick feed then straight back down to sleep the rest of the night. He clearly thought we were doing something wrong and said gloatingly ‘She sleeps through because that’s her routine now’. Cue three months later and she developed major sleep issues for no clear reason and was up multiple times a night for months. Oh how my husband and I laughed to ourselves! Prick!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Notice how he says ’me’ and not ‘us’ - always about him.

• Angry
Reactions: 3

It’s like he’s never met anyone else who had a baby. It’s such a shame he seems to be annoyed with Marley being a typical little baby rather than realise how lucky he was with Indie. Hopefully Marley won’t be like mine and not sleep through until 2 - imagine the months of moaning ahead!!

I also caught the “me” rather than “us” too 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has started weaning Marley already but won’t show it on the gram until the poor thing is meeting his high standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has started weaning Marley already but won’t show it on the gram until the poor thing is meeting his high standards.
Yeah I would imagine he would have tried to start weaning him when the book was released to cash in on his kids a bit more, I wouldnt be surprised if Marley is just throwing it on the floor or rejecting it though.

Marley is 6 months ish now and he seems to like to start doing things as early as possible with them, often when they aren't ready... see attempts at potty training Indie

Reactions: 4

Karma’s a witch! I started following him at a vulnerable time when my baby (3 months younger than Indie) wasn’t eating, wasn’t sleeping, and I had low milk supply so I was combo feeding. He portrayed this perfect family with a baby breastfeeding on demand, eating everything offered, and of course no complaints about sleep. I felt like tit.

Thank god I know better now—I know that a lot of it was exaggerated or lies and a lot of it is pure luck of the draw.

Part of me is also hoping that Marley is a bit more challenging to wean...just like loads of children are, no matter how much you role-model and add turmeric and paprika and oven-roast everything!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.