Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so annoyed with myself, I bought his wean in 15 book on my kindle because I really liked the look of some of the recipes, but of course on his insta there is no weights of ingredients, he just chucks it all in, well I'm calorie counting so wanted the weights. Have tried one of the recipes and it was vile. Half of the recipes he said would be in there, aren't. Feel like I've been robbed!!
How dreadful. Can you post the recipe?

I'm so annoyed with myself, I bought his wean in 15 book on my kindle because I really liked the look of some of the recipes, but of course on his insta there is no weights of ingredients, he just chucks it all in, well I'm calorie counting so wanted the weights. Have tried one of the recipes and it was vile. Half of the recipes he said would be in there, aren't. Feel like I've been robbed!!
It’s a baby weaning book though, so not sure why you’d use it for calorie counting?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have some of his other books, some of the recipes are decent but I don’t follow any of his quantities, the calories in some of his recipes using his quantities are massive!

Reactions: 2
Just ask for a refund. I doubt it'll even be questioned.

Reactions: 1
I have some of his other books, some of the recipes are decent but I don’t follow any of his quantities, the calories in some of his recipes using his quantities are massive!
Yes that's why I dont usually buy his books, calories are ridiculous and he seems to have low carb days when he doesnt exercise and I am NOT about that life 😂. That to me is depriving yourself!

Reactions: 3
All he has done is put up a black square. No comments and everyone is saying thank you etc. Thank you for what??? He's not been brave, he has so much privilege as a thin white heterosexual man.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No carbs again, salmon and veg kebabs with broccoli. And she didn't eat the veg, so she just had 3 small pieces of salmon for dinner. Why can't she have some potatoes? She is not on the keto diet!
Exactly this. Why would you push your own carb cycling ideas on a baby??

Also I bet he’s about to implode at not being able to film and upload their every movement today. More time for the flash cards!!

Reactions: 4
I’m seeing lots of people I’ve been following in Instagram just putting up black Squares without any hashtag, let alone the correct one. Some have put the incorrect hashtags and some put a black square with images in it. 🤦‍♀️

If indie didn’t eat any of the veg on that plate last night then she only had 3 chunks of salmon for tea, that’s shocking! I’m sure she was frustrated sat there with that when they’re eating steak!

Reactions: 2
I'd hate that! I'm a competent cook but I do need to be exact with my ingredients, if possible. I don't use his recipes for that very reason. I sent a message once telling him it would be useful to add approximate weights and I've noticed he now often says "I don't weigh out the ingredients, but it (the dish) is super easy" Not great for people who aren't confident cooks, but it may create a lot of waste when food doesn't turn out right.

• Heart
All he has done is put up a black square. No comments and everyone is saying thank you etc. Thank you for what??? He's not been brave, he has so much privilege as a thin white heterosexual man.
Yeah I saw that. I commented on someone praising him for doing so. I don't know why that would warrant praise without any links, any support, any information behind why he's going it. By doing that and not even has hashtagging anything it loses it's meaning and context. It's like someone forced him to do it and he couldn't even be bothered to do it properly. He clearly doesn't care about anything that doesn't directly affect him and his ignorance has been noted I'm sure by a lot of people.

Ok earlier he was getting called out for not putting anything up now he is being called out for putting something up ? Or the wrong thing up ? I saw a post saying people are afraid to saying anything in case the offend or get it wrong but the post said you should post and if you get it wrong listen and learn and educate and that's all part of it. I saw some people posting #blacklivesmatter and being told they shouldn't as that is clogging that hashtag with black squares and they need to use #blackouttuesday etc It's hard to navigate at the moment

Reactions: 11
There's some interesting reviews for Wean in 15 from people who have actually properly read the book or used it. Quite a few comments about his preachy attitude and his breastfeeding comments. He's still at 74% 5 star rating but alot of those don't appear to have used it yet, bought it for a gift, or are starting weaning in a few months time.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Ok earlier he was getting called out for not putting anything up now he is being called out for putting something up ? Or the wrong thing up ? I saw a post saying people are afraid to saying anything in case the offend or get it wrong but the post said you should post and if you get it wrong listen and learn and educate and that's all part of it. I saw some people posting #blacklivesmatter and being told they shouldn't as that is clogging that hashtag with black squares and they need to use #blackouttuesday etc It's hard to navigate at the moment
I can't speak for the person you quoted of course but it's not that he's put the wrong thing up it's that he's been silent for a whole week and then just jumped on the bandwagon of posting black squares without even bothering to put up the hashtag to give some meaning to his post. Of course lots of people will post the black square today in support and that's great and I too have seen people be bashed for using the wrong hashtag but those people also swiftly corrected it. I nearly did the same thing to be honest but it does make sense that using #blacklivesmatter drowns out the useful information for people wanting to research the cause. It's not that he's damned if does and damned if he doesn't it's that he can't even take the time with his great influence to link important resources over the last few days on the issue. He literally can't even be bothered to put a hashtag in his post today he cares that little about anything but himself.

His black square had a lot of negative comments this morning so I guess he’s been deleting them?
I think so. Although he's missed a few with lots of replies. I guess he doesn't have the energy to keep deleting comments on a post he doesn't care about. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
I am not his fan so not just blindly defending. But maybe he doesn't feel qualified or educated enough to post anymore. I posted a black square today in support. I haven't posted anything else this week because I don't feel I have anything useful to say on my social media but I am taking lots of it in. I posted without a hashtag at first as I thought the point was to post nothing I then looked around and decided to add the blackout Tuesday hashtag after reading other posts and someone not realising why I posted it.

Joe does mainly just care about himself but let's not start bashing each other for trying to navigate what's going on. Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't care but I don't think you can assume from this alone.

If you make a wrong move with this people are ready to pounce so I understand some people will have reservations about how much to say etc Not wanting to offend or seem patronising etc

Reactions: 5
I am not his fan so not just blindly defending. But maybe he doesn't feel qualified or educated enough to post anymore. I posted a black square today in support. I haven't posted anything else this week because I don't feel I have anything useful to say on my social media but I am taking lots of it in. I posted without a hashtag at first as I thought the point was to post nothing I then looked around and decided to add the blackout Tuesday hashtag after reading other posts and someone not realising why I posted it.

Joe does mainly just care about himself but let's not start bashing each other for trying to navigate what's going on. Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't care but I don't think you can assume from this alone.

If you make a wrong move with this people are ready to pounce so I understand some people will have reservations about how much to say etc Not wanting to offend or seem patronising etc
Fair enough but you probably don't have over 3 million followers and are an 'influencer'. He speaks enough about things that directly relate to him like how much he's doing with his P.E. lessons I think people just expected the same energy with other global issues and the silence was very deafening as a person of great influence in a time when all people wanted was support...

But we can agree to disagree as I guess there is enough things to bash him on.

• Heart
Joe isn't qualified to talk about weaning or breastfeeding or parenting but that never stopped him before

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.