Joe Wicks #5 breastfeeding police make mums feel tommy tit, no tits no opinion, stick to HIIT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes but we always say he shouldn't be commenting on things he doesn't have knowledge on ?For once that seems to be what he is doing ? Anyway I am really not trying to start a fight buy just trying to print out this is a super intense situation right now and lots of people are not sure what is the best thing to do or how they can best support it etc.

I do see your points though that he could share good info and reach a lot of people but thankfully so can lots of others who feel more confident in it 👍

But it’s something he should be aware of and educating himself, his children and family on. That’s partly the aim of today.

Reactions: 2
I am not his fan so not just blindly defending. But maybe he doesn't feel qualified or educated enough to post anymore. I posted a black square today in support. I haven't posted anything else this week because I don't feel I have anything useful to say on my social media but I am taking lots of it in. I posted without a hashtag at first as I thought the point was to post nothing I then looked around and decided to add the blackout Tuesday hashtag after reading other posts and someone not realising why I posted it.

Joe does mainly just care about himself but let's not start bashing each other for trying to navigate what's going on. Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't care but I don't think you can assume from this alone.

If you make a wrong move with this people are ready to pounce so I understand some people will have reservations about how much to say etc Not wanting to offend or seem patronising etc
I don't think you have to be educated or qualified enough to simply type or say the words black lives matter.
I think he is just worried he will lose some followers if he says black lives matter.

Reactions: 4
I don't think you have to be educated or qualified enough to simply type or say the words black lives matter.
I think he is just worried he will lose some followers if he says black lives matter.
But grammers are being slated for using the hashtag blacklivesmatter because it's clogging the feed and getting in the way of the important stuff.

Reactions: 1
But grammers are being slated for using the hashtag blacklivesmatter because it's clogging the feed and getting in the way of the important stuff.
He can say the phrase "black lives matter" without the hashtag on his caption. That will not clog it up.

There is no excuse for his silence. There are PLENTY of helpful guides he can share on IG about white privilege and BLM.

Reactions: 8
Also I bet he’s about to implode at not being able to film and upload their every movement today. More time for the flash cards!!
He's probably just busy barking at Indie to rehearse her speech on racism and throwing her a chickpea every time she gets it right for the 'gram.tomorrow.

He can say the phrase "black lives matter" without the hashtag on his caption. That will not clog it up.

There is no excuse for his silence. There are PLENTY of helpful guides he can share on IG about white privilege and BLM.
True. I agree there's no excuse for the silence. As has been said, he's not qualified to talk about e.g. breastfeeding in any way either but takes it upon himself. If he's unsure he should've used his platform to direct people to resources and educational accounts.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Exactly this. Why would you push your own carb cycling ideas on a baby??

Also I bet he’s about to implode at not being able to film and upload their every movement today. More time for the flash cards!!
He’ll be back tomorrow on turbo speed to make up for it!! Buckle your seatbelts!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The whole black square was initiated by the music industry. It’s not something that even makes sense for anyone else to post. People in IG have been saying it’s not about posting a black square. It’s about stopping your normal for the day. What people like Joe should be doing is saying hey I was ignorant to all of this and have been doing lots of reading and researching. Here are some links to resources or black influencers better placed to educate. He has simply jumped on something without a second thought or thinking. He doesn’t give a tit. As a woman of colour seeing joe post a black square has pissed me off. Use your words. Use your bloody influence.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The whole black square was initiated by the music industry. It’s not something that even makes sense for anyone else to post. People in IG have been saying it’s not about posting a black square. It’s about stopping your normal for the day. What people like Joe should be doing is saying hey I was ignorant to all of this and have been doing lots of reading and researching. Here are some links to resources or black influencers better placed to educate. He has simply jumped on something without a second thought or thinking. He doesn’t give a tit. As a woman of colour seeing joe post a black square has pissed me off. Use your words. Use your bloody influence.
Seems that The Saviour of PE is only interested in using his influence to sell us things to make him money - be it books, fitness plans, Gousto. I wish more people would open their eyes to this narcissist. HE ONLY CARES ABOUT HIMSELF.

He’s clearly taking the time today to educate himself with a PR firm for damage control.

• Heart
If you've got 3.7m followers and don't have the right words to say, give up your account for a day and let somebody use it as a platform for something helpful. If you're uneducated about racism and don't know what to say, you could at least share and boost posts for somebody who does. I'd have had a lot of respect for that. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I agree, I wouldn’t allow it either. Plus it’s just not very good manners either, is it?
Don’t like the guy OBVIOUSLY but I do let my toddler walk around. I try to get her to sit at the table, we eat together, I try to make the meal fun, praise her etc but sometimes she just doesn’t have the attention span to do so and would rather go play with her plate next to her just picking. We are working on the table manners but she’s only small, and I would rather she ate than refuse to let her eat because she isn’t able to sit still at the table for the whole meal, which is tough for a very active toddler under two! I am not a parenting expert and she’s my first, I would rather she sat and ate nicely but I also know she will eventually learn to do so with time if I keep encouraging it. It’s a recent development and I suspect not going to nursery has a lot to do with it- she sits at the table really well with the other kids and not having other kids around to copy does have its effects. I think some of these things are just things that we do- I dislike joes style of parenting but I think some of these criticisms will just make people reading feel like tit parents because their one year old doesn’t want to sit at the table. I’d rather focus on the other stuff like sitting them next to a hot stove or denying them snacks!

Last edited:
  • Heart
So someone's been very quiet today after all those negative comments yesterday and I think those comments are valid as previous posters have said he could say I dont know much about this but I'm going to educate myself here with these (insert links) or share people's posts who are educated.

Saying that though...Marley's been rolled out today in the bath in the middle of the kitchen 💁‍♀️

Why dont these two have a proper bathroom to bathe their kids in? Why must they be in that tiny tub in the middle of the kitchen?
Just seems weird to me.

• Heart
So someone's been very quiet today after all those negative comments yesterday and I think those comments are valid as previous posters have said he could say I dont know much about this but I'm going to educate myself here with these (insert links) or share people's posts who are educated.

Saying that though...Marley's been rolled out today in the bath in the middle of the kitchen 💁‍♀️

Why dont these two have a proper bathroom to bathe their kids in? Why must they be in that tiny tub in the middle of the kitchen?
Just seems weird to me.
They are very lazy parents that’s why !! it’s boring in the bathroom and they can be hands free to be able to film and Instagram ! I actually liked the bonding experience of holding your baby in the bath 🛀 But that’s obviously old fashioned now 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
I just think they are both a bit too dumb to understand what's going on at the moment. Plus it doesn't benefit them in any way. Both of them have large platforms and to not say a single word about it, even just to say they don't understand it but with educate themselves is awful. Speaks volumes about them. Yet he posts a bleeping chickpea curry. Disgusting. Him and the curry 🙃

Reactions: 5
His food makes me feel like a greedy pig 🐖 because it certainly wouldn’t fill me up ! Chick pea curry with a tiny portion of rice 😏
No wonder he binges on chocolate and marmalade 🙄

Reactions: 3
It's a bit nitpicky going after the bath. It's not a tiny tub, it's a Shnuggle. They're actually quite nice (if gimmicky) if your kid likes staying in the bath for a splash because they keep them warmer than a shallow bath, and some babies don't like lying down in a bath. I don't feel it's economical (both for the pocket and the environment) to run a full-sized bath for a baby every day. And if your bathroom is cool, as they often are, it makes sense to bath baby in the warmer parts of the house e.g living room or kitchen. Using a baby bath is no more or less a bonding experience than bathing with them and if you're on your own it's much safer.

It's a bit nitpicky going after the bath. It's not a tiny tub, it's a Shnuggle. They're actually quite nice (if gimmicky) if your kid likes staying in the bath for a splash because they keep them warmer than a shallow bath, and some babies don't like lying down in a bath. I don't feel it's economical (both for the pocket and the environment) to run a full-sized bath for a baby every day. And if your bathroom is cool, as they often are, it makes sense to bath baby in the warmer parts of the house e.g living room or kitchen. Using a baby bath is no more or less a bonding experience than bathing with them and if you're on your own it's much safer.
I don’t mind them bathing Marley in a baby bath - like you say it makes sense. But when they shoehorn a nearly 2 year old into it so she can watch TV in the living room while in the bath it’s a bit weird. Let her have a proper bath with some toys!

Reactions: 15
Also do we know if they even have a bath? When I bought my old house it was just showers in every bathroom! Maybe that's why?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.