Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Zoe and Alfie never wanted to make a brand out of their relationship. I think Alfie said they try to keep things as separate as possible. No red carpet, a lot of PDA, joint channel, merch, etc

I mean it inevitably became a brand because of fans anyway but
To be fair, that’s one a few things worth commending them for. Though Alfie can never resist slipping a “Zalfie” into a video title... it could have been MUCH worse.

Reactions: 2
I know they seem truly in love, but is he going to the extreme with the Joint channel ect, just to grow his social media presence even more and help him get more into mainstream media.

As surely he could have just use one of his other channels to post some cooking videos.
Also If you'd just come across Zalfie and Joanne, you'd think Joanne had been together 6 years and Zalfie 6 months we how differently they act as couples.

Reactions: 5
I think it'd be silly to do a couples Youtube as well. I feel like Youtube is like make or break for a lot of couples - it puts added pressure on the relationship and makes you feel you have to stay together for the fans, as evidenced by Zalfie. They probably get that now anyway but I just don't think its a good idea.

Like others have said though,I cant see them uploading on a regular schedule and I cant see them still uploading on this channel a year from now.

If there's one thing Zalfie should be getting cred for it's for not using their relationship as a brand by creating a couples channel. For the first time in a long time Zalfie is actually coming off more mature than Joanne and people are saying they are the least steady couple? C'mon. Creating a couples channel is not a "step forward" in a grown up relationship, it's silly and purely business. It doesn't say anything about their relationship and how "steady" they are. It's a social media account, not a dog. If they break up they'll just shut it down or stop uploading. No harm done.

Reactions: 1
If there's one thing Zalfie should be getting cred for it's for not using their relationship as a brand by creating a couples channel. For the first time in a long time Zalfie is actually coming off more mature than Joanne and people are saying they are the least steady couple? C'mon. Creating a couples channel is not a "step forward" in a grown up relationship, it's silly and purely business. It doesn't say anything about their relationship and how "steady" they are. It's a social media account, not a dog. If they break up they'll just shut it down or stop uploading. No harm done.
Alfie, mature. Sorry but that's hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂. Let's agree to disagree on that one🤔

Reactions: 4
Alfie, mature. Sorry but that's hilarious 😂😂😂😂😂. Let's agree to disagree on that one🤔
You're well aware that wasn't in reference to Alfie's mentality, but go off, I guess. Fact remain that Zalfie has refrained from creating a joint account for 7 years and Joanne caved after 6 months. It's a silly and unconsidered idea that basically came from their 13 year old minions. It might have seemed romantic and cute as they set it up but it won't last in the long run, whether they stay together or not, and I highly doubt they thought this through.

The new channel is taking a while to pick up subs. I know it hasn't even been 24 hours yet but after Dianne getting 100k in a day I'm sure Joe thought it would be doing better than this. Tbh I'm not keen on the idea of a joint channel, seems a bit gimmicky and defo a business move to cash in/gain exposure for the "Joanne" brand. I think the younger minions won't be interested in cooking (the first few videos may do ok numbers wise but it will trail off) so perhaps this is to interest some of the newer, older viewers that Joe may have gained from strictly. I was quite surprised when I saw the announcement was a new channel - especially a cooking one, of all things! Whilst it's all new and exciting now, and they have pre-filmed videos I feel in a few months when the views are poor they aren't gonna wanna be bothered putting the effort in. I think a lot more effort will be needed for this - cameraman, lighting, production, editing that all this effort will be for little pay off. Just had a thought though... Maybe some of these videos will be sponsored by a supermarket or one of those Hello Fresh box type things - maybe that's the motivation. I dunno, it just seems very random. I suppose after a few videos we will understand things a bit better. I applaud him for actually putting the effort in, and trying something new I just don't know why he didn't just do it on his thatcher Joe channel, where he has the most subs - even though they are dwindling. It's where most people know where to find him.

Reactions: 3
Just caught up with the new channel

If anyone else wants to know its "In The Pan" >>>

Zalfie could never, COOKING!! Lol Quite sure they are allergic to that.

Maybe takeaway reviews of pizza
Remember When Zoe did a pizza taste test with her stand in boyfriend Mark lol

Reactions: 3
An hour till Chippy is revealed anyone else think its going to be underwhelming after all the hype?
It was always going to be underwhelming and I think the fans have hyped it up way more than Joe ever did.He mentioned it twice then when he realised it wasn’t happening he shut up about it.

It's a camper van. Wow

Btw if people didn't know where he lived before this camper van will be a dead giveaway [emoji122]

He proper clickbaited that thumbnail. Thought he was Better than that
Was just thinking the same as well about the thumbnail.

I remember the days when he use to get pissed off about anyone videoing in certain rooms or near a window in his apartments. Now he doesn’t even care that people know where he lives.

It won’t be long before he regrets sharing so much and wants to move and make there relationship more private.

Why does he need a camper van?! Like sure they’re cool to look at but?

Is the video worth watching or is it just Joanne buying a VW camper van?

What has he brought it for? Are they doing a Joanne hit the road YouTube edition or something.

Also he can't really take it anywhere as everyone will know its his.

Also if the relationship suddenly goes south Does Dianne get half of the stuff, like half the joint channel earnings half of the camper van etc. As without Joe she'd struggle to continue living the central London lifestyle.

Why does he need a camper van?! Like sure they’re cool to look at but?
Well, if he actually uses it and does go on little trips with it around the U.K., then great.

But nobody “needs” a camper van, it is a luxury in life. As long as he makes use of it, it will be fine. And they are very popular, it isn’t going to lose value for him. Definitely a good investment.

I hope he does use it, will give him something interesting to post on his vlogging channel, him going to places around the country. Could keep his channel going for a bit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.