Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think because she's his first proper girlfriend, and he's not done the girlfriend/ boyfriend thing before, and because she's quite immature herself, they're very much acting like teenagers. It should hopefully calm down eventuallyšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

My answer to all the Joe Sugg problems is that he just needs to quit yt,like Iā€™ve been saying for months but who knows when this day will come or when heā€™ll actually take the leapšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 1
I feel like he has lost many older viewers since Dianne. People who are same age as him but now feel like they've outgrown him.

I was watching Jaackmaate's livestream on friday and he was asked the question what he thought of Joe and Dianne. He seemed almost offended to even be asked and then made very very clear that he doesn't give a sh*t. I almost thought it was a bit of an over reaction considering he's said he likes Joe. Would expect him to just say he doesn't have an opinion or that he doesn't watch them, but he made very sure people knew he doesn't care. It could mean nothing and just be Jack being Jack. Or it play into that Joe's channel has become teenage cringeworthy and grown up people doesn't even want to be associated with it. You don't even need to watch their videos to notice it, a quick twitter search is enough.

I think because she's his first proper girlfriend, and he's not done the girlfriend/ boyfriend thing before, and because she's quite immature herself, they're very much acting like teenagers. It should hopefully calm down eventuallyšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Yeah for him itā€™s classic ā€œfirst girlfriend syndromeā€ā€™where your personality completely changes and you have zero self awareness for a time.
For her, I think itā€™s the attention and YouTuber/ influencer life thatā€™s new and exciting. Suddenly making all this easy money. I bet she paid for that holiday with the revenue from her first ad deal.

Reactions: 4
Yeah for him itā€™s classic ā€œfirst girlfriend syndromeā€ā€™where your personality completely changes and you have zero self awareness for a time.
For her, I think itā€™s the attention and YouTuber/ influencer life thatā€™s new and exciting. Suddenly making all this easy money. I bet she paid for that holiday with the revenue from her first ad deal.
I hate this idea that Dianne just wants attention and is gonna quit dancing to become a full time YouTuberšŸ™„Girl has money,she walks around in Gucci shoes and with 3 grand Chanel bags I think sheā€™s doing alright.

Reactions: 2
I hate this idea that Dianne just wants attention and is gonna quit dancing to become a full time YouTuberšŸ™„Girl has money,she walks around in Gucci shoes and with 3 grand Chanel bags I think sheā€™s doing alright.
Iā€™m not saying she ā€œjustā€ wants attention and certainly never came close to implying she is going to quit dancing. But I think itā€™s undeniable Joeā€™s opened a door to a very different way of living that few people get to experience. And ANYONE would be excited to make who knows how many thousands from just a few Instagram posts. Itā€™s not a criticism- itā€™s natural, anyone used to working for a living would be the same. And Dianne is used to working very hard - I donā€™t think sheā€™d be content without that. Plus the passion that is necessary to succeed in something like dance. So she isnā€™t quitting her day job. That doesnā€™t mean she isnā€™t getting a kick out of a taste of the ridiculous perks of the influencer life.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m not saying she ā€œjustā€ wants attention and certainly never came close to implying she is going to quit dancing. But I think itā€™s undeniable Joeā€™s opened a door to a very different way of living that few people get to experience. And ANYONE would be excited to make who knows how many thousands from just a few Instagram posts. Itā€™s not a criticism- itā€™s natural, anyone used to working for a living would be the same. And Dianne is used to working very hard - I donā€™t think sheā€™d be content without that. Plus the passion that is necessary to succeed in something like dance. So she isnā€™t quitting her day job. That doesnā€™t mean she isnā€™t getting a kick out of a taste of the ridiculous perks of the influencer life.
Very true šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

That Chanel bag looks old and battered. Who knows when, how, or who got her that. She did not have it like that till recently. She couldnā€™t even afford to fly her parents out for the final. Letā€™s keep it 100%. She was comfortable, but not rich. This new lifestyle has provided her a bunch of easy extra money for doing nothing she wasnā€™t already doing before. Good for her.

That Chanel bag looks old and battered. Who knows when, how, or who got her that. She did not have it like that till recently. She couldnā€™t even afford to fly her parents out for the final. Letā€™s keep it 100%. She was comfortable, but not rich. This new lifestyle has provided her a bunch of easy extra money for doing nothing she wasnā€™t already doing before. Good for her.
Yeah god knows how long she had to save up to buy that? 6 months? A year? Like a normal person. With an Instagram brand deal you can earn enough to buy a load of designer bags from a few minutes ā€˜work.ā€™ Itā€™s really not the same.

Put all she really sold is iconic and even the likes of love islanders who were only on the show for a day sell that, wouldn't say she made that much off flogging that and her youtube videos don't have ads yet, so I doubt she's making much if anything from that at the minute. I also highly doubt Joe paid her her for all the vlogs she appeared in either.

I know she's a bit of a air head about most things, but I think she is fairly good at managing her money, she also doesn't seem to be very materialistic, cause any of the tour meet & greets she just mixes and matches from like 5/6 different outfits.

I also think she asks Joe for anything or expects him to buy her gifts, she was genuinely surprised when he bought her an iPhone and on their holiday vlog where joe showed her his massage paper thong, it sounded like any of the little breaks they went on, she paid half.

For all her faults she is independent and doesn't seem to want to be financially supported by Joe. I quite like Dianne, she works hard, she looks to be a very kind girl, especially to young kids who come to her shows. So I hope she does start making some money off youtube & gets more instagram brand deals.

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t really think who promotes a product matters. Everyone is offered different deals based on their followings and engagement. Random Instagram models have deals with fashionnova and so does Kylie Jenner. Doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re all getting paid the same. Also Dianneā€™s is heavily based on her code, so she gets a percent earnings whenever someone uses it, which Iā€™m assuming with her type of following would be a decent amount.

I donā€™t really think who promotes a product matters. Everyone is offered different deals based on their followings and engagement. Random Instagram models have deals with fashionnova and so does Kylie Jenner. Doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re all getting paid the same. Also Dianneā€™s is heavily based on her code, so she gets a percent earnings whenever someone uses it, which Iā€™m assuming with her type of following would be a decent amount.
Ah right, didnt really know how it worked, I just thought they got a like a grand or whatever for a post, and higher for a live stream. Thanks for clearing that up

It looks like Dianne's thinking of brining out merch. I bet it really annoys Zoe that in 6months Dianne's had her foot in the door of a bit of everything influence related.

It won't be long though before the tweens get board and move on to obsessing over another YouTube couple. I think they're just trying to cash in on the tweens while they can.

Also I know they didn't start in the pan for the views/subs, but I'm still surprised, that to say so many people love them, the YouTube channel hasn't even hit 100k yet.

Yeah, I really think the hype surrounding them has died down a lot now so it's no surprise to me to see dwindling subscriber numbers. Dianne best hurry up with that merch whilst she still has the obsessive fan girls to shill. Honestly, it's a good business move on her part and I don't blame her for wanting to make the most of it. These fans can be so fickle, and will have a new "fave" before not too long. Must be disappointing for Joe not to have reached a 100k yet (hadn't realised they still hadn't hit it yet) It's flopping before it's even began. A pity as it seemed like something he was actually putting the effort into and seemed passionate about it.

Problem is basically the same as with Zoellas book. Content is for grown ups, but their main audience is 13-15 year olds who'll rather watch them do pranks on each other, dance or just have pillow talks.

OT: According to Wiltshare news, Fantastic beasts 3 is currently filming in Lacock. Maybe Joe is tall enough to finally make it into the franchise as an extra this time around.

• Haha
Yeah, I really think the hype surrounding them has died down a lot now so it's no surprise to me to see dwindling subscriber numbers. Dianne best hurry up with that merch whilst she still has the obsessive fan girls to shill. Honestly, it's a good business move on her part and I don't blame her for wanting to make the most of it. These fans can be so fickle, and will have a new "fave" before not too long. Must be disappointing for Joe not to have reached a 100k yet (hadn't realised they still hadn't hit it yet) It's flopping before it's even began. A pity as it seemed like something he was actually putting the effort into and seemed passionate about it.
Like Iā€™ve said I do think it is just a passion project for them both and itā€™s not like they need to make money from it.Like whenā€™s the last time weā€™ve seen joe this excited about absolutely anything YouTube related cos certainly not in the last few years.

Reactions: 3
Like Iā€™ve said I do think it is just a passion project for them both and itā€™s not like they need to make money from it.Like whenā€™s the last time weā€™ve seen joe this excited about absolutely anything YouTube related cos certainly not in the last few years.
Agree I think Joe is using this new channel to show off his girl, he never had before & he wants to show her off & the way he knows how to do that is through YouTube.

One of the reasons he probably didn't want to use Thatcher Joe is because that is for his pranks, challenges etc and he probably didn't want to take the piss out of Dianne, or prank her, which is what the people who still watch his videos expect. Yeah in the pan will still have his childish sense of humour, but won't be completely off the wall like Thatcher Joe.

Agree I think Joe is using this new channel to show off his girl, he never had before & he wants to show her off & the way he knows how to do that is through YouTube.

One of the reasons he probably didn't want to use Thatcher Joe is because that is for his pranks, challenges etc and he probably didn't want to take the piss out of Dianne, or prank her, which is what the people who still watch his videos expect. Yeah in the pan will still have his childish sense of humour, but won't be completely off the wall like Thatcher Joe.
The whole ā€˜ThatcherJoeā€™ brand is literally dead in the water,thereā€™s nowhere else he can take it.Both YouTube and joe himself have evolved and changed over the years and itā€™s no longer what it used to be,heā€™s simply outgrown it and itā€™s time to move on to pastures new

Ah thatā€™s cute joe bought her that. Except sheā€™s outright lying as her very next post is an affiliate link to this exact product.

Sheā€™s declared it all fine, but why lie and make out Joe bought it. So odd

Looks like sheā€™s going to be doing a daily outfit and affiliate linking them all too, girl is rinsing these aff deals

Attachments

Ah thatā€™s cute joe bought her that. Except sheā€™s outright lying as her very next post is an affiliate link to this exact product.

Sheā€™s declared it all fine, but why lie and make out Joe bought it. So odd

Looks like sheā€™s going to be doing a daily outfit and affiliate linking them all too, girl is rinsing these aff deals
Ooh that is odd! Why do you think that is? Tbh I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't of spotted it. These tacky looking brushes are around 80 quid too šŸ˜’šŸ¤‘. So she makes money for every swipe up now? Like the hinch? How does that work exactly? I've never swiped up before. Is it the brand that pays or is it some third party link?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.