Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Dianne's uncle has been acting really creepy towards some of her young fans. I'm hoping it's harmless and he is just lapping up the "fame" but it does strike me as quite strange behaviour from an older man. Following young fans - some are even saying he has followed them on their personal accounts where there is no mention of Dianne. Go through his followers and they are all Young girls/fans. He also joins live videos/comments on pics of these young girls and even got some impressionable young girls to set up a go fund me so he could fly to the uk to see HCTG. The audacity of it! I think he gave out an address for Christmas cards or something like that in December. Some of the older minions are recognising this behaviour as creepy thankfully and are spreading the word. I think dianne should have a word with him, even if his intentions are good and he is just the "proud uncle" it doesn't come across well even to the point where some of these hardcore fans are feeling uncomfortable. Twitter search "Dianne uncle" to see what I mean. Side note- I did see this a few days ago now so I dunno if everything's still there but some of the minions were feeling bad even suggesting that there was something wrong and were worried Dianne would see. So hopefully they are still there and she does become aware.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Got 11 minutes into the new snow vlog and had to switch off. They are turning into Zoe and Mark with their fake over the top laugh ( Joe more than Diane) and it goes through me

Reactions: 5
Apparently Dianne's uncle has been acting really creepy towards some of her young fans. I'm hoping it's harmless and he is just lapping up the "fame" but it does strike me as quite strange behaviour from an older man. Following young fans - some are even saying he has followed them on their personal accounts where there is no mention of Dianne. Go through his followers and they are all Young girls/fans. He also joins live videos/comments on pics of these young girls and even got some impressionable young girls to set up a go fund me so he could fly to the uk to see HCTG. The audacity of it! I think he gave out an address for Christmas cards or something like that in December. Some of the older minions are recognising this behaviour as creepy thankfully and are spreading the word. I think dianne should have a word with him, even if his intentions are good and he is just the "proud uncle" it doesn't come across well even to the point where some of these hardcore fans are feeling uncomfortable. Twitter search "Dianne uncle" to see what I mean. Side note- I did see this a few days ago now so I dunno if everything's still there but some of the minions were feeling bad even suggesting that there was something wrong and were worried Dianne would see. So hopefully they are still there and she does become aware.
Ew that’s super weird. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, setting up a go fund me seems really inappropriate, please tell me it’s not still going?

Reactions: 1
But surely if Dianne wanted him, she would have got him a ticket if he couldn't afford it.

Dunno the family situation, but that seems very odd and I don't think she would be okay with it, she has to keep a fairly clean image for Strictly and I don't think she would want her family bringing her iinto disrepute. I would also say Joe would be furious cause he has very clean reputation and his rarely involved in scandals.

Highly inappropriate behaviour and the uncle is clearly using knowing Dianne to manipulate young fans.

Reactions: 3
Jeez, Dianne needs to nip that in the bud asap. I read he was getting fans to pass signs/letters to dianne at stage door? I’m assuming therefore she’s not in contact with him and has no interest in seeing him at her show, so the fundraising to get him over here is completely inappropriate on that level alone, even setting aside how bleeping creepy it all is with the teenage girls.

Reactions: 2
Yeah it all feels a bit Thomas Markle...but at least he just exploited his connection for money not the attention of underage girls. And was, you know, her actual father. Who is this guy? Is he even a blood uncle? What’s his Twitter handle,
I can’t find it?

Someone pretending to be an Uncle perhaps, as far as we know all her family is in Australia - she’s never mentioned having relatives in the UK ... hopefully not a stalker 😕

Someone pretending to be an Uncle perhaps, as far as we know all her family is in Australia - she’s never mentioned having relatives in the UK ... hopefully not a stalker 😕
No it's her real uncle. He's got photos of them together from around christmas. And he's not in the UK. He's in Australia which is why he asked fans to donate money so he can visit Dianne. Extremely odd, and creepy.

Dianne needs to have a word with him about that, or get her parents to do it if she can’t ... she seems a likeable person and it’s a shame if a family member is taking advantage of her position in the public eye like that.

Yeah it all feels a bit Thomas Markle...but at least he just exploited his connection for money not the attention of underage girls. And was, you know, her actual father. Who is this guy? Is he even a blood uncle? What’s his Twitter handle,
I can’t find it?
His inappropriate behaviour is over on Instagram. I noticed around December this odd behaviour - mainly all the young girls he's following. Then I started to see his comments randomly and he'd join private live streams of fans on their personal pages saying he was Dannes uncle :s - yeah so what mate?! What right does that give you to go onto these girls personal pages. Also I saw a minion on twitter saying she had removed him from her personal page and he had sent her another request to follow her, then another chimed in and said the same thing happened to her. Innocent or not it's not right. Around December time a lot of the young minions would screenshot his comments and be like " OH MY GOD I JUST SPOKE TO DIANNES UNCLE SKSKSKJJ" 😖. Makes me feel a bit:sick::sick:. His insta is joerus74 or something like that. I haven't been on it in a few weeks. Il go look and will come back to edit if this is wrong. I believe he is her mothers brother. Not sure if they are close or not.

Edit- just went to his insta and there is a photo on his page of him and Dianne on FaceTime or Skype so they may well be close and he is just keen on lapping up the attention of having someone 'famous' in the family'. Still don't believe it's acceptable behaviour though.

• Sick
All of Dianne’s family are attention seeking. Her brother is another weirdo as well.

Also I was just looking at Joe’s vlog channel and it is better than his main. Both these are main channel type videos in 2019, they just needed a bit more editing and organization. He needs to get out of that extremely structured mindset he has for main channel videos. Vlog style “main” videos are very popular these days.

Last edited:
I dunno if I'm looking into this much, but did anyone else feel that in the two Finland vlogs, joe was putting in a few sly digs at Zoe.

Like he said he was worried that there wouldnt be enough to do because Dianne likes to do activities on holiday. Then he randomly started filming while waiting for dinner a game of 20 questions which was over in less than a minute and that was the only round because Zoe always has to play games at dinner. Then at the end he was like the fire is our TV, while even at the treehouses in Chewton Glen Zoe never switched the TV off.

As I said I may be looking at it too deeply, but it would seem the cracks are showing between Joe and Zoe. Like at her party he went to bed before the end of the party and when she came to see Joe he looked so awkward around her. Now that he is known in his own right because of Strictly and not Zoella's brother, he doesn't have to pander to her anymore. Just wondering if anyone else had any opinions on this?

I dunno if I'm looking into this much, but did anyone else feel that in the two Finland vlogs, joe was putting in a few sly digs at Zoe.

Like he said he was worried that there wouldnt be enough to do because Dianne likes to do activities on holiday. Then he randomly started filming while waiting for dinner a game of 20 questions which was over in less than a minute and that was the only round because Zoe always has to play games at dinner. Then at the end he was like the fire is our TV, while even at the treehouses in Chewton Glen Zoe never switched the TV off.

As I said I may be looking at it too deeply, but it would seem the cracks are showing between Joe and Zoe. Like at her party he went to bed before the end of the party and when she came to see Joe he looked so awkward around her. Now that he is known in his own right because of Strictly and not Zoella's brother, he doesn't have to pander to her anymore. Just wondering if anyone else had any opinions on this?
No

I think you’re looking too far into it. These youtubers are scrutinised as if every word and action is carefully calculated in advance to have some hidden meaning. They’re not that smart. Joe said dianne likes activities because dianne likes activities. Joe said the wood burner can be their tv because he likes watching fires (I do too; it’s relaxing). I can guarantee at no point did he plan to say these things as secret digs at his sister.

Reactions: 4
I think you’re looking too far into it. These youtubers are scrutinised as if every word and action is carefully calculated in advance to have some hidden meaning. They’re not that smart. Joe said dianne likes activities because dianne likes activities. Joe said the wood burner can be their tv because he likes watching fires (I do too; it’s relaxing). I can guarantee at no point did he plan to say these things as secret digs at his sister.
The taking the piss out of Alfie though, that was pretty genuine I think. Not necessarily in a malicious sense, but definitely in a piss taking humorous sense that friends often do.

Not everything’s a big conspiracy.People act like they are talking in morse code and there’s lots of hidden meanings,they can’t say a simple sentence without it being analysed six ways to Sunday.

If there's any tension between Joe and Zoe my guess it would be on Zoe though. I can see her becoming jealous of Joe (or Dianne) and make some snide comments or just act childish about it, which would probably upset Joe but I also think he'd be a grown up about it and talk some sense to her, not mock her on camera.

Taking the piss out of Alfie has he done before and will continue to do so. Even Joe know he's a walking joke.

Yeah the Alfie thing is just banter. I also think Joe’s above snide/passive aggressive shady comments. It’s not his style.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.