Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
Below is what I posted in the Harry & Meghan thread. I dedicated almost 30 years of my life to defending my country - my husband dedicated 28. Our families have both served as long as we have been in this country. Every war of the 20th century (including Panama and Grenada) He even had a great-great uncle who came from Ireland simply to serve in the Civil War. Our boys and some of our nephews are still serving. We personally know many of the people at the Department of Defense (I actually worked for Secretary Austin back when he was a major and again when he was a 4-star - I have lost all respect for him over the past 7 months) For the first time in my adult life, I am frightened for my country because we have leaders who won't stand up for us and our values. I didn't necessarily like Trump as a person, but he was a leader and our enemies recognized that he would always put us and our allies first. I don't need to like my politicians but I need them to like and respect "we the people" A high-ranking Soviet official said of Ronald Reagan (paraphrasing) "He was a little bit crazy and reckless, so we never knew how he would react, so we tried not to provoke him" The Taliban felt the same about Trump...hell, Biden admitted yesterday that they only started marching and attacking us in the past couple of months....hmmmmm, what changed?

Biden was NEVER a nice guy. He was NEVER a smart guy. He has been on the wrong side of every single foreign policy position for 51 years. I'm old enough to remember when he had to drop out of the 1988 Presidential race for lying and plagiarism. He and his family are as corrupt as the day is long. He is the very definition of a swamp rat. Add a healthy dose of dementia on top of this already vile person. And we are only 7 months in, God help us.

From the Harry & Meghan Thread:
"I have been sick watching this - I was stationed in Kabul and spent a lot of time in Bagram. We should have secured the embassy, never abandoned Bagram (which is much larger and easier to secure than Kabul Airport). It should have been civilians, equipment, then military personnel leave last. We managed to keep the Taliban quiet with 2,500 troops on the ground - we could have easily kept that number in place while evacuating everything. The moment that the Taliban started moving, a few well-placed airstrikes would have stopped them. We never should have pulled the close air support from the Afghan Army, nor should we have cut off the maintenance contractors (for every hour an aircraft is flown, it requires many hours of maintenance).

In typical military gallows humor, we know that all of these vehicles will be deadlined (non-mission capable) in a few weeks. However, the technology is now in the hands of our enemies.

Our interpreter and his family came over several years ago, thank goodness, but there are so many Afghans that I met during the course of my tour. I especially think of the women I met who had started businesses and were so hopeful for the future. All gone now. It's an awful, helpless feeling watching this going down the drain and not being able to do something (even worse for the guys on the ground who are not being allowed to run rescue missions) My husband works for the Marine Corps and we know some of the men who are over there right now and are waiting for the casualty list to be released. We have 4 sons and 3 nephews still in the military too (of those 7, 5 have done tours either in Afghanistan or Iraq - believe me, it is 1,000,000% easier to go yourself than to send your child - my husband and I have 7 tours between us--some short, some long)

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
America what is going on?
Your current president is clearly unfit for office and the Republicans are trying to get the divisive Trump re-elected.
It's unbelievable that these 2 could be running against each other in the next election.

This begs the question who is really running America?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Dinate

You know it's been clear for absolutely ages that Biden is in severe cognitive decline. In fact, if anything, his decline is accelerating at pace. Most of the time, we just read the stories of his 'gaffes', but when you see him in action, as in the videos posted on here from the past couple of days, it's really stark. You can see him literally struggling, and failing, to form coherent sentences.

It's shocking that this is being allowed to happen. Apparently there's been a hastily arranged arranged press conference from the White House yesterday (Friday), where Biden was reacting angrily to the comments from the Special Counsel regarding his poor memory. He came out swinging as you'd expect, refuting the suggestions that he has difficulty with his memory. Unfortunately for him, he then proceeded to refer to the President of Egypt as being from Mexico......Whoops.:rolleyes:

I can only repeat that it's staggering that this is being allowed to happen. If his family can't, or won't talk sense into him, the Democratic Party should.

Reactions: 18

Mark81

VIP Member
Also, if this was Trump (or any republican) the Democrats would be all over it.

I have zero time for any parties turning a blind eye to their own candidates issues

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Angry Biden, the other day

It's the most animated I've ever seen him! Someone must have given him a can of red bull.

Wow he certainly doesn't come across well there! Biden is another liberal elite who is out of touch with the views of ordinary people.

The fact that he thinks it's OK to let kids be 'transed' and given dangerous drugs and surgeries is enough to make me despise him.

Reactions: 15

Mark81

VIP Member
God you're stupid. So you don't support Ukraine defending themselves then? You Trump supporters are all scum.
Huh?

How can anyone justify the piss poor reaction from the White House on the Maui situation. The point is if you can afford to send millions/ billions to Ukraine, you can afford to help your own people. The Maui fires have been catastrophic and deserve the decisive action that Ukraine have received.

It's not an either/or situation and nothing to do with Trump. You can think Biden is a shit president, and still think the same of Trump.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

thankyoudelia

It astounds me at the ‘best’ of times how America prides itself on being a Christian country whilst continually and constantly rejecting Christ’s teachings and this has never been more apparent to me than through the utter shitstorm playing out in Afghanistan right now. Okay, I totally get that the families of service men and women are sick of seeing their loved ones coming home mamed or in body bags, however, if you freely sign up to serve in the military of the world’s richest and largest super power one surely would be fully aware of the job description and the risks involved. That’s harsh, I know, but if you employ Christian thinking then to lay down your life to protect many more is the greatest act of Christian love there is. Actually, Ieaving religion aside - because of course not everyone in the US military will be Christian or even religious - American lives are not worth more than Afghan lives and by pulling out of the country in such a shambolic fashion is a barbaric act and one that is filling me with disgust. The responses to Biden on Twitter from Americans lauding how many they’ve evacuated over the last days is also beyond the pale. As poor Pen Farthing said last night, the US had the largest and most secure military air base on the world in Afghanistan up until two weeks ago. If they’d delayed decommissioning it, or started the evacuation sooner using their base, they and the allied forces could’ve got everyone eligible out safely, securely and without the heartbreaking loss of life we saw yesterday. Also, Joe Biden changing the goalposts on the paperwork required to get people out at the eleventh hour. What a bellend! He’s condemned thousands of men, women, children and animals to certain death and yet there he’ll be on Sunday, heading to Mass with the media in tow to show what a fine, upstanding Christian he is. Such a fucking hypocrite and absolutely no better than his predecessor.

Reactions: 14

Yel

Chatty Member
I know bush and trump have given some terrible speeches, but bidens last night takes the biscuit for me. Absolutely shameful.

Possibly unfair to compare them as the previous presidents haven't had to speak following the biggest failing in decades, but still.

It might have been popular to pull out, but not at all costs with this national embarrassment and innocent people thrown to the wolves.

The way he walked out answering no questions as the room erupted 😐

Reactions: 14

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It’s really uncomfortable to watch him. He’s clearly suffering from memory issues and the stress he’s under from being President is exacerbating his condition. No one should be running a country at 81, especially if they are not mentally or physically well enough!

• Sad
Reactions: 13

Madge Harvey

I liked Donald Trump - say what you like about him but he got things done. He protected America and put the people first. I really hope he runs again in 2024. Could be a landslide(if the votes are not stolen again)

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ElChanguito

VIP Member
You wouldn’t even know there was a president in charge, he is not mentioned ever from one week to the next, it’s a farce. Why is no one asking how 75 billion gets sent to Ukraine, while Maui is a burned up wasteland, ordinary Americans are on the breadline, and not a single one of his pledges have been honoured? It’s terrible.

welp

VIP Member
I genuinely thought Biden being the one to follow after Trump will make him look like a little god perception-wise, but oh boy, he is failing big time. And it pisses me off how desperate some anti-Trump-ers try to defend him. Biden being crap doesnt mean that Trump was great, you know?

• Heart

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
I liked Donald Trump - say what you like about him but he got things done. He protected America and put the people first. I really hope he runs again in 2024. Could be a landslide(if the votes are not stolen again)
What did get done exactly?

He didn't ever get around to building the wall or repealing and replacing Obamacare. He majorities in congress and the senate so he really had no excuses for fumbling his two major campaign promises.

His short lived Muslim ban exempted Muslims from the two Islamic countries which actually are hot beds for breeding terrorists. Like virtually every other world leader he turned a blind eye to that because he wanted their oil but it shows his ban was never about curbing Islamic terrorism in the United States but based on appealing to bigots.

His handling of the economy was massively overstated. He inherited a healthy one Obama then super charged it by giving massive tax breaks and hand outs to big business so of course it was going to seem as it the economy was doing well but by and large regular people were no better off than they were before he took over.

The only one of his campaign promises he kept was giving tax breaks to the rich. Funny how he was actually able to unite the Republicans around that pressing issue.

Biden is uninspiring, unambitious and has a few too many senior moments for my liking but he won fair and square against Trump who is complete scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Tabitha D

VIP Member
This whole thing has been a terrible mess. I know the decision to withdraw was taken by Obama and then Trump, but the actual mechanics of the withdrawal (Biden) have been a disaster. And it’s really exposed him. I’m beginning to think it’s true that he’s not in control of his faculties - what sort of President, in a situation like this, doesn’t take questions at a press conference and turns his back on journalists?

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
You wouldn’t even know there was a presideappeant in charge, he is not mentioned ever from one week to the next, it’s a farce. Why is no one asking how 75 billion gets sent to Ukraine, while Maui is a burned up wasteland, ordinary Americans are on the breadline, and not a single one of his pledges have been honoured? It’s terrible.
Whenever I mention to anyone that Biden appears to be pretty useless all I get back is "well he's better than Trump"
I wasn't keen on Trump but is Biden really any better?
What has he actually achieved?

I'm not American so it's not my business but I can't help thinking that surely the USA could get better candidates than Trump or Biden to represent their country 🤔

Pambo

In the tradition of Donald Trump - The 45th President of the United States.

Well, not even a full week yet and Joe and Democrats have been busy.

Biden’s inauguration wasn’t enjoyed by all Democrats, as Tara Reade, former Senate staffer to Biden, relayed her pain at watching the man who’d sexually assaulted her assume the highest US office. The Democratic party, fierce defenders of women’s rights during Trump’s administration, she described as “complicit with sexual misconduct” and that within the MSM “certain media outlets made it so clear that I was to be smeared, ignored, and erased.”

The National Guard troops, deployed to protect the capitol in what many considered a piece of political theatre, weren’t overjoyed either, as once the photo-op was over and done with, they were left to bed down on the floor of a parking lot. There were no riots at the inauguration, but there were left wing riots in Seattle and Portland, with Antifa vandalising the Democratic party HQ. However, this particular insurrection wasn’t something the President and senior Democrats deigned worthy of commenting on.

But duly sworn in, Biden wasted no time firing off his Executive Orders. He needed to refer to notes to explain what they were, not only to the public and reporters, but disconcertingly enough, it looked like to himself as well, or so it appeared at times during his press conferences.

As an aside, folks may remember that in 2017 Executive Orders were a bad thing, which was puzzling as Trump issued less than Obama did in his first week in office, but in 2021 they’re back again to being mere government business and reported on as such without mention of bypassing Congress or dictatorial edicts.

So Biden caused his first furore by rescinding Trump’s transgender rule for bathrooms (which rescinded Obama’s mandate) and expanding his decree to force any educational institution in receipt of government funding to accept biologically-male students to women’s scholarships and sports teams, all on the basis of “gender identity”. Great news for a fraction of a percentage of the population, but bad news for a great swathe of women who voted for Biden.

Equally unhappy were the labour unions who threw in their support behind Biden's presidential bid, for him then on Wednesday to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline and put at least 11,000 of their members out of jobs. Canada, not noted for its fondness of Trump, was also unhappy. Serious financial investment had been made from the Canadian side on the basis of previously issued legal permits, and law suits are expected to follow from Biden’s action.

It then emerged on Thursday that ICE and the US Border Patrol were thrown into chaos due to Biden’s big policy change and sweeping directive calling for a 100-day pause in deportations and followed by a subsequent email directing officials to “Release them all, immediately. No sponsor available is not acceptable any longer." This email is supposed to have emanated from Biden, going way above and beyond the Executive Order, but failing to include any details of how the policy was to be enacted, leaving officials in the dark and scrambling for information.

Against this backdrop, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene filed articles of impeachment alleging abuse of power against Biden the day after his inauguration, stating in an interview that, "We cannot have a President of the United States that is willing to abuse the power of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, Chinese energy companies, Ukrainian energy companies."

This was largely ignore or scoffed at in the MSM, but the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security on Governmental affairs report into 'Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns' has been released and the bottom line is this:

report-biden.jpg

Which does lend some weight to bringing articles of impeachment, to say the least.

Trump vacating the Presidency to Sinatra’s ‘I Did It My Way’ brought ridicule from the usual corners of the MSM, but it might have been more appropriate to have left the White House to the strains of another Sinatra classic: ‘Send In The Clowns’.

Oh, nearly forgot the biggest one! Biden campaigned on having a plan to get the Covid pandemic under control... and then said there's nothing he can do.

Which pissed even more people than the above combined.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lady_H

VIP Member
I knew he’d be total crap. Even my very Democrat friends are coming round to that viewpoint, which is quite satisfying for me but absolutely rubbish for the US and world.

It irks that the media give him such an easy ride compared to Trump.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
According to some of the families, he checked his watch multiple times. It has also come out that social media has deplatformed one of the mothers for raging against Biden. Unbelievable.

When I was stationed at the Pentagon, I accompanied my general on several "Dover missions" (at least under the Bush Administration, a general officer attended every arrival - this would have been '03-'06 when I was in that job.) I met the families, including one husband who accompanied his wife's body back from Iraq. The team at Dover is incredible and the care and attention to detail for every single transfer is beyond words. They do the most difficult job in the military with dignity, honor, and grace. It is the most humbling experience ever to have the honor of witnessing this.

For the Commander in Chief to behave in this manner (and note, he did not even salute them and the CiC is SUPPOSED to do, so he may not even realize that he is the CiC)...I don't even have words to express my anger. I can't even fathom the rage the families must feel. This is up there with the farce of Hillary when the bodies came back from Benghazi and she had the nerve to tell the families that "we will get the filmmaker responsible" It would take every molecule of my self control to not spit in his face.

ETA: The video of the Taliban using our Blackhawk helicopters to hang people made me physically ill (and I consider myself a pretty unemotional person) It should haunt the nightmares of every single person who voted for this fraud and every leader - starting with Austin, Milley, MacKenzie, and Blinken. I doubt anything will disturb Biden's sleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10