Joe Biden - The 46th President of the United States

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not well-read enough to comment on the back story of the forces withdrawal policies. However, it is plain to see this man is a crumbling wreck and should never have got his party's nomination as Presidential candidate. If this was my relative I would have made sure he wasn't put in the public eye and was safely somewhere where he could live out his days. He is making America look stupid. His wife should be doing all she can to get him removed from office. Trump was a horror but this one is a travesty.

Reactions: 7
it pisses me off how desperate some anti-Trump-ers try to defend him. Biden being crap doesnt mean that Trump was great, you know?
This whole thing of thinking one person is good because they're against your enemy is to blame for so much in this (and life in general).

Arming what would become the taliban because they were fighting the enemy.

Then giving power in the new government to groups that were against the taleban assuming this made them good.

Then defending these people who were assumed to be good (they weren't) and assuming anyone fighting them was bad.

It goes on and on 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Below is what I posted in the Harry & Meghan thread. I dedicated almost 30 years of my life to defending my country - my husband dedicated 28. Our families have both served as long as we have been in this country. Every war of the 20th century (including Panama and Grenada) He even had a great-great uncle who came from Ireland simply to serve in the Civil War. Our boys and some of our nephews are still serving. We personally know many of the people at the Department of Defense (I actually worked for Secretary Austin back when he was a major and again when he was a 4-star - I have lost all respect for him over the past 7 months) For the first time in my adult life, I am frightened for my country because we have leaders who won't stand up for us and our values. I didn't necessarily like Trump as a person, but he was a leader and our enemies recognized that he would always put us and our allies first. I don't need to like my politicians but I need them to like and respect "we the people" A high-ranking Soviet official said of Ronald Reagan (paraphrasing) "He was a little bit crazy and reckless, so we never knew how he would react, so we tried not to provoke him" The Taliban felt the same about Trump...hell, Biden admitted yesterday that they only started marching and attacking us in the past couple of months....hmmmmm, what changed?

Biden was NEVER a nice guy. He was NEVER a smart guy. He has been on the wrong side of every single foreign policy position for 51 years. I'm old enough to remember when he had to drop out of the 1988 Presidential race for lying and plagiarism. He and his family are as corrupt as the day is long. He is the very definition of a swamp rat. Add a healthy dose of dementia on top of this already vile person. And we are only 7 months in, God help us.

From the Harry & Meghan Thread:
"I have been sick watching this - I was stationed in Kabul and spent a lot of time in Bagram. We should have secured the embassy, never abandoned Bagram (which is much larger and easier to secure than Kabul Airport). It should have been civilians, equipment, then military personnel leave last. We managed to keep the Taliban quiet with 2,500 troops on the ground - we could have easily kept that number in place while evacuating everything. The moment that the Taliban started moving, a few well-placed airstrikes would have stopped them. We never should have pulled the close air support from the Afghan Army, nor should we have cut off the maintenance contractors (for every hour an aircraft is flown, it requires many hours of maintenance).

In typical military gallows humor, we know that all of these vehicles will be deadlined (non-mission capable) in a few weeks. However, the technology is now in the hands of our enemies.

Our interpreter and his family came over several years ago, thank goodness, but there are so many Afghans that I met during the course of my tour. I especially think of the women I met who had started businesses and were so hopeful for the future. All gone now. It's an awful, helpless feeling watching this going down the drain and not being able to do something (even worse for the guys on the ground who are not being allowed to run rescue missions) My husband works for the Marine Corps and we know some of the men who are over there right now and are waiting for the casualty list to be released. We have 4 sons and 3 nephews still in the military too (of those 7, 5 have done tours either in Afghanistan or Iraq - believe me, it is 1,000,000% easier to go yourself than to send your child - my husband and I have 7 tours between us--some short, some long)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Caught checking his watch when he was supposed to be showing respect to the dead soldiers now?

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I'm confused, didn't Biden call himself the most popular President ever, more popular than Obama was. 🤣Sure Joe, you keep telling yourself that.

Reactions: 4
I'm not well-read enough to comment on the back story of the forces withdrawal policies. However, it is plain to see this man is a crumbling wreck and should never have got his party's nomination as Presidential candidate. If this was my relative I would have made sure he wasn't put in the public eye and was safely somewhere where he could live out his days. He is making America look stupid. His wife should be doing all she can to get him removed from office. Trump was a horror but this one is a travesty.
I don't think there's anything actually wrong with him. He's always had a stutter and been kinda awkward. Combine that with a few senior moments and the whole narrative that at best he's a 'crumbling wreck' and at worst has some kind of mental impairment quickly takes hold.

His nomination made total sense at the time. He was firmly part of the Democratic party establishment that was determined to keep 'far left' Bernie Sanders out, he was Obama's VP and carried over a lot of his popularity, he didn't anywhere near the problematic history of Hillary and was an actual man. I don't know how many Trumpists in vox pops say that a woman just shouldn't be president.

This whole thing of thinking one person is good because they're against your enemy is to blame for so much in this (and life in general).

Arming what would become the taleban because they were fighting the enemy.

Then giving power in the new government to groups that were against the taleban assuming this made them good.

Then defending these people who were assumed to be good (they weren't) and assuming anyone fighting them was bad.

It goes on and on 🤦‍♀️
The Bushes have really gotten away from all this unscathed.

Last edited:
‘He tapped her on the knee and said, 'I know what you're going through, I lost my son,' Cheyenne detailed, tapping her sister on the shoulder.

Jim McCollum, Rylee's father, told Fox & Friends: 'It was more about his son. My son wasn't mentioned.'

'It was his son and about him and nothing to do with the 13,' he said.’

I knew he would bring up his son. His son’s death is terrible but not everything is comparable. Losing your child during a war is not the same as losing your child to cancer.
Does he have a tick, not sure why he kept checking his watch?

The watch checking was way out of order.... those poor families. but I also read that a lot of them refused to meet him? quite understandable IMO.

This thread is my hero. I'm American and I'm glad to have a place to discuss him where I won't be chewed out- although most Americans are starting to feel the same way, they just won't admit it.

What I'm finding so crazy is that ALLLLL the celebs that were pushing us to vote for him and who were in parades basically when he won are naught to be found. They definitely don't ever post about either one of them any more. I think it's not so much his merit or that they were that happy about him, they just hated Trump that much.

To me it was the lesser of 2 evils, and Trump is... something else... to say the least. But I was at least proud he prioritized our soldiers' safety and he wouldn't have ever made this kind of SNAFU re the military. I feel he also cared about our allies and would have done the right thing. I also felt safe here as far as terrorist activity, but now I'm scared shitless.

Meanwhile, over here they literally treat Kamala like she can walk on water, and the woman is so snarky and basically laughs to hide her hate and it shows. She has no answers for anything. I'm truly gobsmacked she hasn't already taken over as President because he can't even address reporters without having to bow his head to recollect himself.

I don't get in the least why, out of all the democratic candidates, he was chosen. Elizabeth Warren conducted herself really well I thought and then you had... Biden.

He's definitely very very creepy with women and young/ teen girls. He doesn't need to corral them and be so handsy and keep his hands so close to their chests or sides. Add to that his comment about little kids " brushing the hair on his legs up and then watching it go back down again" and it's just too much for me to believe he's just a nice old man with dementia.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
According to some of the families, he checked his watch multiple times. It has also come out that social media has deplatformed one of the mothers for raging against Biden. Unbelievable.

When I was stationed at the Pentagon, I accompanied my general on several "Dover missions" (at least under the Bush Administration, a general officer attended every arrival - this would have been '03-'06 when I was in that job.) I met the families, including one husband who accompanied his wife's body back from Iraq. The team at Dover is incredible and the care and attention to detail for every single transfer is beyond words. They do the most difficult job in the military with dignity, honor, and grace. It is the most humbling experience ever to have the honor of witnessing this.

For the Commander in Chief to behave in this manner (and note, he did not even salute them and the CiC is SUPPOSED to do, so he may not even realize that he is the CiC)...I don't even have words to express my anger. I can't even fathom the rage the families must feel. This is up there with the farce of Hillary when the bodies came back from Benghazi and she had the nerve to tell the families that "we will get the filmmaker responsible" It would take every molecule of my self control to not spit in his face.

ETA: The video of the Taliban using our Blackhawk helicopters to hang people made me physically ill (and I consider myself a pretty unemotional person) It should haunt the nightmares of every single person who voted for this fraud and every leader - starting with Austin, Milley, MacKenzie, and Blinken. I doubt anything will disturb Biden's sleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
If all he's going to do is read an auto prompt, why can't they position it so it looks like he's looking at the camera?

He's just going to repeat forever that this mess was all inevitable and there was nothing he could do 🙄.

According to some of the families, he checked his watch multiple times. It has also come out that social media has deplatformed one of the mothers for raging against Biden. Unbelievable.

When I was stationed at the Pentagon, I accompanied my general on several "Dover missions" (at least under the Bush Administration, a general officer attended every arrival - this would have been '03-'06 when I was in that job.) I met the families, including one husband who accompanied his wife's body back from Iraq. The team at Dover is incredible and the care and attention to detail for every single transfer is beyond words. They do the most difficult job in the military with dignity, honor, and grace. It is the most humbling experience ever to have the honor of witnessing this.

For the Commander in Chief to behave in this manner (and note, he did not even salute them and the CiC is SUPPOSED to do, so he may not even realize that he is the CiC)...I don't even have words to express my anger. I can't even fathom the rage the families must feel. This is up there with the farce of Hillary when the bodies came back from Benghazi and she had the nerve to tell the families that "we will get the filmmaker responsible" It would take every molecule of my self control to not spit in his face.

ETA: The video of the Taliban using our Blackhawk helicopters to hang people made me physically ill (and I consider myself a pretty unemotional person) It should haunt the nightmares of every single person who voted for this fraud and every leader - starting with Austin, Milley, MacKenzie, and Blinken. I doubt anything will disturb Biden's sleep.
Oh Lord.... I've just seen those pictures. So disgusting. It does truly make you feel sick. And this is only the new norm over there and across the world, God forbid, now. They're running completely amuck.

• Sad
  • Sick
But I was at least proud he prioritized our soldiers' safety and he wouldn't have ever made this kind of SNAFU re the military
But Trump signed a deal saying the military would be out by Sept 1st or something. I don’t agree with much Biden has done but he couldn’t have let the military stay there longer because of the previous deal - it would be committing more troops to the area and commencing the fighting again.

The man wasn’t being hanged, he was in a harness. It does look rather uncomfortable, I think they were trying to install a flag by air. The pilot was trained by US and UAE forces.

But Trump signed a deal saying the military would be out by Sept 1st or something. I don’t agree with much Biden has done but he couldn’t have let the military stay there longer because of the previous deal - it would be committing more troops to the area and commencing the fighting again.

The man wasn’t being hanged, he was in a harness. It does look rather uncomfortable, I think they were trying to install a flag by air. The pilot was trained by US and UAE forces.
Trump's deal was to be out by May 1st.
G.I. Joe extended the deadline to 31 August. Longer, granted, however he also made some weird decisions like suddenly closing down Bagram air base earlier when it would likely have made a better evacuation point, or indeed they could have used both; pulled troops out overnight a few weeks ago without telling anybody so it's no wonder the Afghan army fell apart within hours; and left billions of kit there.

Trump's deal, which Joe piggybacked on to, is what has allowed so many tens of thousands of people to be evacuated safely and relatively calmly, so we should be thankful for that. The alternative of trying to get that many people out if it had immediately turned into a full on warzone one day, doesn't bear thinking about.

Trump's deal was to be out by May 1st.
G.I. Joe extended the deadline to 31 August. Longer, granted, however he also made some weird decisions like suddenly closing down Bagram air base earlier when it would likely have made a better evacuation point, or indeed they could have used both; pulled troops out overnight a few weeks ago without telling anybody so it's no wonder the Afghan army fell apart within hours; and left billions of kit there.

Trump's deal, which Joe piggybacked on to, is what has allowed so many tens of thousands of people to be evacuated safely and relatively calmly, so we should be thankful for that. The alternative of trying to get that many people out if it had immediately turned into a full on warzone one day, doesn't bear thinking about.
Ah my mistake. I did read that it was May 1st but thought it was a typo as I hadn’t realised that the deadline had been extended. Thank you for the correct info :)

Trump's deal was also predicated on the Taliban doing certain things before we withdrew. The minute they started marching, it was null, and a few air strikes would have stopped them dead. It also had a progression - civilians, equipment, military. We had kept the Taliban quiet with 2,500 troops. We probably could have kept them quiet with 1,000 troops - as long as the enemy knew we had a President who would bomb the crap out of any terrorist training camps or any moves to take over the country. Even Biden admitted that the Taliban only started moving in the last few months - because they knew that his administration would let them. They knew that he is weak.

Biden reversed literally every one of Trump's policies, including this one. This is not Trump's debacle - this is all on Biden and his team. It was on his watch that they made the decision to withdraw the close air support for the Afghan Army, to withdraw the contractor maintenance support, and to withdraw from Bagram air base. I'm also willing to bet the Afghan government would have welcomed us staying with a small force (we have forces rotate into places like the Sinai, Kuwait, Dijbouti, and Qatar, all the time - hell, we still have troops in Korea, Germany, and a bunch of other places) and keeping a forward base there. Since Afghanistan is landlocked, we would need an air/ land force - naval forces can't cover it.

We only got people out because the military is damn good at their jobs - even when hamstrung by our government. I know that our special operators rans their own missions to get members of the Afghan Special Forces out. Biden gets no credit for that - they did this despite him, not because of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Was the man really still alive? I noticed his arms up during a couple moments, but I thought it might just be whatever slapdash way they attached the harness.

Even Biden admitted that the Taliban only started moving in the last few months - because they knew that his administration would let them. They knew that he is weak.
I couldn't agree more with this. I know a lot of people's main gripe about Trump is that "he's a hothead".. yes... but a hothead that would have blown them to smithereens at first notice of our people being compromised. Whether or not that's the right action to take in this case of course is debatable, but at least he was feared, and we need that when dealing with the Middle East crises, especially.

Tbh, I feel like it's not going to take long for everything else to go downhill too and for more countries to start taking advantage of us because we're just puppets now.

Do you reckon anything could be brewing for the anniversary of 9.11? I'm slightly concerned, because I just feel really unprotected right now.

Yel

Tbh, I feel like it's not going to take long for everything else to go downhill too and for more countries to start taking advantage of us because we're just puppets now.
Yep, a precedent has been set and strongly disagree with Biden that Russia, China and all that lot would have benefited if they kept troops there. Just leaving a few thousand there (as they do for many countries) would have shown far more strength than this.

Do you reckon anything could be brewing for the anniversary of 9.11? I'm slightly concerned, because I just feel really unprotected right now.
No, I wouldn't be concerned as security would be gearing up for it and technology has progressed a lot in 20 years - things like facial recognition is mind blowing what they can and do do these days.

Reactions: 1