Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I got to admit that whenever I see Biden he looks and sounds awful. I know he is 80, but he looks like a very old 80. Maybe he's different in private away from the spotlight, but a man that age shouldn't be leading USA. Surely his family need to step in and pull him away from politics to go live a quiet life.

Reactions: 7

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Read this just now ‘A beaming Joe Biden
approvingly told a packed pub in Ireland that his distant relative 'beat the hell out of the Black and Tans' - an infamous British militia sent to Ireland in the 1920s to try and stamp out Irish nationalism.
Biden's remark was seen by some as a gaffe: he was referring to Rob Kearney, a rugby player who famously beat the All Blacks.

Oh dear lord, this man is so bad at public speaking.

• Wow

PaddyDomino

I do remember that Reagan got Princess Diana's name wrong at some state event and people laughing about it. Was he as bad as Biden?
It's hard to remember now but I seem to recall he managed to deliver speeches OK (but he was a trained actor).
I don't think Reagan came across quite as bad as Biden, despite calling Diana "Princess David", and Spitting Image having a running joke about the President's brain is missing!

• Haha

Smashbox

It is a misdemeanor. The FEC even said that it was not a violation of the law

Hillary admitted to paying for the fake Steele dossier (which is the hoax that spawned the "in Putin's pocket myth") from election expenses and got away with a fine. Obama misrecorded things as election expenses and got away with a fine. Bill Clinton paid to suppress his bimbo eruptions as election expenses and paid a fine. Almost every single politician has something misrecorded as elections expenses. Those are not felonies. Even if they are, they are federal and not state issues and both federal agencies said that it did not violate the law (and let's not even talk about statue of limitations and that they payments were after the election). Nancy Pelosi came out and said that everything would go away if Trump stopped running.

His real crime was being an outsider who dared to beat Hillary Clinton when she was OWED the presidency for putting up with Bill's philandering.

If you are honest, you should be chilled by such blatant political lawfare

The idea that Trump is in Putin's pocket is laughable. Biden's family has lined their pockets with money from our enemies, but sure, go ahead and vote for more of this insanity.

I personally wish it was anyone else but these two also, but they are the choices we have. I vote for a return to peace and prosperity,
Agree with all said but I personally will be happy if Trump gets in again. Biden is a disaster.

liar liar

VIP Member
I'm not well-read enough to comment on the back story of the forces withdrawal policies. However, it is plain to see this man is a crumbling wreck and should never have got his party's nomination as Presidential candidate. If this was my relative I would have made sure he wasn't put in the public eye and was safely somewhere where he could live out his days. He is making America look stupid. His wife should be doing all she can to get him removed from office. Trump was a horror but this one is a travesty.

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
What a joke...he is the one who reversed all of the policies that had essentially shut down the border and announced that the border was wide open for 3 1/2 years

Eirawen

VIP Member
To me he is bumbling and incompetent and seems like he should have carers which is probably a role that his aides have been having to perform, he probably loses stuff, forgets things all the time.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member

This is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m surprised it hasn’t had more coverage
😳 I think it's true to say if this was about Trump the media would be talking about this story a lot more.
I'm definitely not a Trump fan either, but I think this is a fair point made in the article.

There's something about Biden that really creeps me out.

kev1974

VIP Member
I've spoken to a couple of American families who live in the UK, while delivering their shopping this week (there are huge communities of them where I live because of some military bases that the US use). They are fearful for America under Biden and very happy to be located here in the UK for the forseeable future.

I am surprised how much power Pelosi seems to have, does it really matter who's president when she seems to be the one in charge sometimes :eek:.

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
Trump's deal was also predicated on the Taliban doing certain things before we withdrew. The minute they started marching, it was null, and a few air strikes would have stopped them dead. It also had a progression - civilians, equipment, military. We had kept the Taliban quiet with 2,500 troops. We probably could have kept them quiet with 1,000 troops - as long as the enemy knew we had a President who would bomb the crap out of any terrorist training camps or any moves to take over the country. Even Biden admitted that the Taliban only started moving in the last few months - because they knew that his administration would let them. They knew that he is weak.

Biden reversed literally every one of Trump's policies, including this one. This is not Trump's debacle - this is all on Biden and his team. It was on his watch that they made the decision to withdraw the close air support for the Afghan Army, to withdraw the contractor maintenance support, and to withdraw from Bagram air base. I'm also willing to bet the Afghan government would have welcomed us staying with a small force (we have forces rotate into places like the Sinai, Kuwait, Dijbouti, and Qatar, all the time - hell, we still have troops in Korea, Germany, and a bunch of other places) and keeping a forward base there. Since Afghanistan is landlocked, we would need an air/ land force - naval forces can't cover it.

We only got people out because the military is damn good at their jobs - even when hamstrung by our government. I know that our special operators rans their own missions to get members of the Afghan Special Forces out. Biden gets no credit for that - they did this despite him, not because of him.

• Heart

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
@Churchill's Ghost
If Trump wasn’t so cheap, he wouldn’t have recorded it as an election expense. He would have been home and dry.
But the rules around election expenses are very tight with good reason to stop election corruption.

I don’t really want Trump or Biden in the White House, but as a European my greatest worry is Trump being in Putin’s pocket so would choose Biden for that reason
It is a misdemeanor. The FEC even said that it was not a violation of the law

Hillary admitted to paying for the fake Steele dossier (which is the hoax that spawned the "in Putin's pocket myth") from election expenses and got away with a fine. Obama misrecorded things as election expenses and got away with a fine. Bill Clinton paid to suppress his bimbo eruptions as election expenses and paid a fine. Almost every single politician has something misrecorded as elections expenses. Those are not felonies. Even if they are, they are federal and not state issues and both federal agencies said that it did not violate the law (and let's not even talk about statue of limitations and that they payments were after the election). Nancy Pelosi came out and said that everything would go away if Trump stopped running.

His real crime was being an outsider who dared to beat Hillary Clinton when she was OWED the presidency for putting up with Bill's philandering.

If you are honest, you should be chilled by such blatant political lawfare

The idea that Trump is in Putin's pocket is laughable. Biden's family has lined their pockets with money from our enemies, but sure, go ahead and vote for more of this insanity.

I personally wish it was anyone else but these two also, but they are the choices we have. I vote for a return to peace and prosperity,

Smashbox

The whole Biden family are strange, the men are all creeps. Crickets from the media. They are democrat shills. Shape of his brother in that photo 😭😭 another decent Biden eh 🤣

Aberscot

Chatty Member
Hey just found this thread but omg what the hell, surely there must be something in their constitution on how to deal with president if he becomes unwell which he clearly is.
Why isn’t even his wife saying enough is enough, imagine letting your husband carry on like this.

Yel

Chatty Member
Andrew Neil today articulates it quite well

The speech that shamed America: Its contemptible dishonesty would have made Donald Trump blush. Now, this blistering analysis by ANDREW NEIL asks - how can the liberals' hero Joe Biden ever recover?
46811453-0-image-m-1_1629275209986.jpg

ANDREW NEIL: It was the most contemptible speech by a U.S. president in modern times - a speech that shames America and leaves its global reputation in the dirt. And given that, until last January, the White House was occupied for four years by a certain Donald J. Trump (bottom inset), there couldn't be a more damning criticism of President Joe Biden (left, right). Much of his address to the U.S. on Monday was Orwellian. In his classic novel 1984, set in a totalitarian dystopia, George Orwell created a Ministry of Peace which waged war, a Ministry of Truth which peddled lies, a Ministry of Love which tortured dissidents and a Ministry of Plenty which oversaw starvation. Biden matched all of that and more with his own defiant doublethink, involving distortions, the rewriting of history, and nonsense and untruths that even Trump would struggle to rival. His abject surrender to the Taliban was dressed up as political reality and common sense. His scuttle from Kabul, still ongoing, was depicted as geopolitical wisdom and a refocusing of U.S. priorities. Any mistakes or problems were the fault of others, from Trump to the Afghan army.