Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never sure how people make money out of podcasts. Some have sponsorship or advertising but a lot don’t. Does the streaming service give them a cut? I think a podcast would be a great addition to her selection of sidelines, but it probably could not be her main source of income.

Reactions: 4
Never sure how people make money out of podcasts. Some have sponsorship or advertising but a lot don’t. Does the streaming service give them a cut? I think a podcast would be a great addition to her selection of sidelines, but it probably could not be her main source of income.
A lot of people start off with no ads then say that they are going to have to introduce ads to "pay the bills". The podcast hosting site e.g. Apple Podcasts gets paid for the adverts and the presenter e.g. GOB will get a percentage of it.

I would guess she'd make around £500 per podcast. If she is doing that four times a month, combined with her property letting income, it should be enough to keep her in Rixo dresses.

Full on flog today. Laughable skincare AD. Oversized freebie, flasher mac. Looks like a tarpaulin on her. Dull Dave. Bunion boots. Poor impoverished MAM showing off her YSL belt. Should have gone to Primark.
The chat show podcast on her sofa. Big build up, can't deliver. It takes discipline, and hard work to pull it off. Who is she going to talk over J Van Tyler show off boy and Sandra the caretaker. Delusional.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I make no claimed to be a fashion expert but if you are on the shorter side ( me) it is way more flattering to wear things that are not dragging on the floor, it just exaggerates that you have no leg length. If you can buy the length you need and you cannot tailor your clothes to fit, find a good tailor or seamstress to make your clothes fit correctly, particularly if you are paying a lot of money for the clothing.
The pyjamas have the same pattern as the coat 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Who thought they’d be funny? 😆
Could be entertaining, but won’t be. Just a garbled stream of nonsense. He is very popular with the subs though. I would quite like to see him in daylight and standing up. MAM has probably only seen him sitting down as well!

I can’t be arsed to watch the vlog today.

Reactions: 3
She’ll be well pleased having been gifted the Sleeper coat. Charlotte from Sheerlux & Josie (another influencer totally detached from reality) also we’re parading about in it. They looked great in it though , GOB looks like she’s wearing a tent.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Inch High Private Eye, too funny, maybe one for the new thread title! 🤣 That Sleeper coat almost touching the ground even with her huge shoes on 🤣 She'll be too cheap to have it shortened even though it cost her nowt.

When she talks about Sheerluxe she puts on her bestest bestest voice, sits up and flutters her lashes all perky. Compare and contrast with her CBA coughing and lack of prep at the Beeb where she has well and truly checked out but is too addicted the the BBC lanyard and the sympathy to leave.

I heard a bit of the radio show, said she'd treat Anna to a ticket to the Wallace Collection dog exhibition, flagging that it costs £12, very Steve Allen to go somewhere and let everyone know that you're paying for them. Maybe it's had the effect of extracting a freebie.

Flogging another skin care brand which she claims is the only thing she uses, what a fake, her stans must be idiots. Before & after shots, she looks 89 then looks 89.5.

Podcasting, of course that's what is was going to be, what else can she do except yap at people? She did say she would waitress or work on the door of Waitrose as a greeter, let's see how serious she was about that. Good luck to her if she thinks she can make a living from podcasting with her fanbase of YouTube stans and radio show weirdo regulars. And who'll want to sit on her sofa if they've nothing to promote? How will she come up with good questions without a producer? She actually said she doesn't want the guests who are on Graham Norton, or Zoe Ball - she wishes! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Last night's show, worth a listen from 36:00. GOB waaaay out of her depth with comedian Joe Mande, definitely did no research, just read out his CV. He starts off OK but you can hear him wondering wtf is happening. Her lazy approach comparing US v UK comedy styles. She keeps mentioning The Office, Ricky Gervais probably the only comedy reference she has. She knew it wasn't going well so, as always, turns it to herself, keeps talking over him, she likes Ricky G because he likes dogs, she loves Soho it's great in this weather, she's never been to LA, she's spent so much time in New York at the Chelsea Hotel 🤣

ETA I'm a fan of Parks and Recreation, I think I'll book for Joe Mande's show at the Soho Theatre.

@VeeJayBee I will have to listen on replay. Fell asleep when she was droning on about kitchens. It sounds like with Mel away she goes a bit off piste.
I didn't hear anything about how he coped with Mert, when she went 'skiing'. Maybe she will get a loan of Dave's pad in LA. It's probably a dungeon
above a tattoo parlour. Or a tent on Skid Row. 😆

• Haha
Carrie Grant sat in on the radio last night.

OT - very sad about Paul O'Grady.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder if GOB sought the express permission of her fellow guests at the the Austrian yoga retreat that footage of them could be exploited for her paid AD on Instagram, promoting a currency exchange company.

Paul O'Grady was scheduled on Boom Radio over Easter and someone from the station said there'd been talks for him to continue. Despite not having one iota of the popularity, warmth, wit or esteem of Paul, I bet a certain someone is sniffing around the vacancy.

More word mangling:
Tampon-ade = Tapenade
Shonn-see-yerrz - Chanteuse

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Finally watched last Sunday’s vlog.

Last few weeks she has looked very elegant in those pink and navy suits. This week she sported a bag lady look. Someone like Trinny could possibly pull off the long frock, white moulded breezeblocks and tent like mac - but not somebody as diminutive as MAM. She looked a bit batshit. Less said about that furry tote the better. Why not play to her strengths and wear fitted stuff. She is too obsessed with trends and that overrides any sense of style. The hotpotch way of dressing doesn’t suit many people, it’s not going to suit a small elderly lady. The belt (£330) is clearly bait for Matches to take note of her.

The chat show - good that it isn’t going to be her that films it, her camerawork was terrible this week. She says she wants guests that aren’t on Norton or Ball’s show and she will film it on her sofa. She is going to end up with Clary and Nadine Baggott, and I reckon Clary won’t go to her flat.

I went to an event at the Palladium a few weeks back. It was Gyles Brandreth’s birthday and the event was in aid of Great Ormond Street. Apart from Gyles it was all about the Dames - on stage with him, just chatting were - Judi Dench, Twiggy, Joanna Lumley, Patricia Routledge, Penelope Wilton, Sheila Hancock, Floella Benjamin, Eileen Atkins, Maureen Lipman, Harriet Walter and Joan Collins. It was a very entertaining night, one of the best events I have ever been to. They were so funny, with things to say that weren’t about how they looked, they were elderly women who were enthusiastic and had joie de vivre that wasn’t about skin potions and clothes to impress 30 somethings. They were just comfortable in their own skins. (The only exception was Collins who came on at the end, recited a poem badly, and who clearly thought she was the star of the show - she wasn’t.) If MAM could get Hancock, Atkins, Lumley, Benjamin (who looked AMAZING) and Lipman on, I would tune in. But sadly I don’t think they are the type of guests she has in mind.

Dave looks well for 64. I would put him 10 years younger. He should pass on his skincare tips to her. That expensive stuff she was touting - nah, absolutely no difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh my gosh! Surprisingly, I'm irritated once again by MAM.

I had this morning's vlog on whilst I was washing floors, so couldn't give it my undivided attention, but....

Jo thanks her followers for all their suggestions as to who she might feature on her new chat show. She says she doesn't want celebrities. One might find that admirable - it's better that 'ordinary people', be celebrated. However, she then goes on to explain that she wants guests who have 'a large social media presence'. So the main purpose of the chat show is to increase her own followers, and lead to more collaborations. Oh well, that's business, I suppose.

But then when she gets in the cab with Dave, she tells him most of the comments on last week's vlog were saying 'interview Dave!'. But Jo says something like 'I don't think that would drive people to my Youtube channel'. So she suggests that instead Dave could be filmed driving the guests to her flat, and Sandra could open the door.

I can't say I'm a particular fan of Dave, but I think if the followers requested that he be featured, it would have been nice to give him even a brief opportunity to tell his story.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh for Gods sake, her sychophantic , delusional subscribers telling her she looks like Sienna Miller and Kate Moss.:rolleyes:

What a load of old rubbish, not an iota of a resemblance.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why does she swan about the shared areas of that building like she owns all of it and big just renting a tiny flat. Yes she looks forward to her liklysilk (free) order every summer .. I would too if I wasn’t paying for it.

Why does she swan about the shared areas of that building like she owns all of it and big just renting a tiny flat. Yes she looks forward to her liklysilk (free) order every summer .. I would too if I wasn’t paying for it.
Modelling and climbing on the furniture too. She is something else. Oh and don't forget 'her roof terrace'.;)

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.