Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to a bit of last night's show. Claire Conelly didn't do the live meditation because she had to take her dog Hicks to an emergency vet after he ate some mashed potatoes with leek in. GOB said she was sure he'd be OK and laughed when she told the tale of being in a similar situation with Myrtle. I really don't know what was funny, let's not forget that 8 week old Myrtle ate a yak chew, which is suitable only for dogs over 4 months old. Myrtle swallowed some and the chew swelled in her stomach, poor Myrtle didn’t poo for 48hrs and needed two trips to the vet which Jo described as "expensive" and the further treatment of syringing charcol down the throat as messy.

Edit - I do think she is going to use her health as a reason she has stopped doing her show. I think she is trying to save face, i.e it was her choice, not that she was let go and a decision made by them. It would be a real blow to the ego. But the BBC seems intent on pushing away it’s core demographic listener and she is just collateral damage to them.
On how she'll exit, we have to remember that, as a narc, she'll angle the narrative in whatever way best serves her and/or preserves her ego. I think she'll stick to the big-bad-Beeb story, the victim role will give her a lot of attention and sympathy to exploit. I think she'd only act as if it was her choice to flounce off if she had something really big to go to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
When she does leave the Beeb, it will effectively be the end of her radio broadcasting career I think. That must give her a few pangs. The regional stations are doing more joined up national stuff so not as many presenters are needed now. Podcasts are also gaining popularity. She should do a podcast that is the same as her show - fashion, beauty, culture, showbiz, dogs - with guests. The Minx Mix.

Reactions: 5
Watched last weeja vlog and couldnt believe it...that lasagnr she was serving to about 4 people was so TINY!! That portion would be enough for 1 person let alone 4! She really does have an eating problem if she thinks people eat so little!

Reactions: 3
She seemed relieved that Sandra rejected her invitation to the coffee shop. She didn't take much persuading to drop it.
---
Wow, Jo Good slumming it in Standard Class on the train! 😱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Watched last weeja vlog and couldnt believe it...that lasagnr she was serving to about 4 people was so TINY!! That portion would be enough for 1 person let alone 4! She really does have an eating problem if she thinks people eat so little!
I agree, I don’t think she knows what a decent meal is. She clearly has eating problems.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
GOB was indeed was relieved that Sandra said no to the coffee shop invite, she surely picked up that she was only asked for appearances sake.

Her diet is appaling, she buys tiny things to eat, believing it to be wholesome as long as it's from some where posh or healthy or organic. She makes no effort to include a wide variety of fresh or colourful foods, nor does she seem to have a regular source of quality protein. She loftily believes that the expensive supplements she takes are enough but one look at her frail appearance and frazzled health tells you it ain't working.

So the April big surprise news will be about something on social media, she says inspired by all the comments. Maybe podcasts on YouTube or lnstalives, a la Chewin the Fat, or interviews. Putting out feelers before hanging up the BBC lanyard.

Word of the week is Si-yoot….repeated over and over again. She actually did look good in the Hobbs trouser si-yoot - i’ll give her that. Ended the flog with a lengthy discussion of Dave’s tedious illnesses….all in all, quite the snooze-fest this week.

• Haha
  • Sick
Word of the week is Si-yoot….repeated over and over again. She actually did look good in the Hobbs trouser si-yoot - i’ll give her that. Ended the flog with a lengthy discussion of Dave’s tedious illnesses….all in all, quite the snooze-fest this week.
Yes she was si-yooting all over the place. I did like the Hobbs suit though and it's something I'd wear myself.

Last week's vlog she said she got the pink si'yoot from Theory because Hobbs didn't do them small enough for her, so strange that this week she's in a Hobbs si'yoot. Perhaps she was negging them to extract a freebie.

Perhaps the pink one was a loaner from the Marylebone branch of Theory just for that Marylebone IWD event, hence her having to tuck up the too-long sleeves. I hope it didn't go back on the rail.

On the show now a veterinary dentist is talking about the gut microbiome, reminds me that in the past GOB has called it call it the "microcosm". :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the warning.....si-yoot is one of my major Minge trigger words. One to avoid methinks. :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
How does Anna know she took the right dog home from Crufts? All of those miniature terriers looked exactly the same. 🤣

I was at Birmingham International station a few weeks ago and had a drink at the bar opposite the Subway. I couldn't believe it when I saw GOB and Anna sat in the foyer on the Vlog.

• Wow
  • Haha
I had to bail out before the end. Dave doing my nut in. I am sure he’s a lovely bloke but blooming heck he’s hard work. He doesn’t finish a sentence, he garbles. Why does she give him so much airtime?

She looks so much better in tailored stuff. It just si-yoots her so much better than voluminous garb. I like her hair after swimming. It looks less styled, younger.

Elisa looks well. Leaving the BBC clearly is better for your health.Her son is having a great childhood, he is so cute.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had to bail out before the end. Dave doing my nut in. I am sure he’s a lovely bloke but blooming heck he’s hard work. He doesn’t finish a sentence, he garbles. Why does she give him so much airtime?

She looks so much better in tailored stuff. It just si-yoots her so much better than voluminous garb. I like her hair after swimming. It looks less styled, younger.

Elisa looks well. Leaving the BBC clearly is better for your health.Her son is having a great childhood, he is so cute.
I couldn’t finish for the same reason. My god, the boredom! I don’t care about when he was last on antibiotics or was sick 7 years ago.

• Haha
I think her subs like him, that’s why she includes him. She has had an effect on him, he has spruced himself up. Before unkempt hair, worn out t-shirts. Now a haircut and gingham shirts. Being on the vlog has been good for him. Hard to judge his age. Mid 50s?

Sandra keeps it real doesn‘t she? 😀

Dave is certainly dreary but included to up the character count, even self-obesessed GOB knows a bit of variety might be good for the viewers, can't take the actress out of the soap. I do have a soft spot for Dave who I think is actually very sweet because he reminds me of an uncle who spoke in a similar staccato style. Dave going to LA to stay indoors to watch reality shows reminded me of the uncle, who travelled the world as an engineer but never ventured off-site so no one bothered asking him how he found any of the many exotic places he'd spend months at a time.

Reactions: 4
We'll need a new thread soonish, not quite there yet but best to start early to gather plenty of suggestions and votes.

A couple of half-worked ideas:

Jo Good #12 Has her BBC, 360-degree, W1, media bubble burst? .....

Jo Good #12 Will MAM be GOBcasting? Watch out for The Narcing Hour....

Reactions: 2
Dave is certainly dreary but included to up the character count, even self-obesessed GOB knows a bit of variety might be good for the viewers, can't take the actress out of the soap. I do have a soft spot for Dave who I think is actually very sweet because he reminds me of an uncle who spoke in a similar staccato style. Dave going to LA to stay indoors to watch reality shows reminded me of the uncle, who travelled the world as an engineer but never ventured off-site so no one bothered asking him how he found any of the many exotic places he'd spend months at a time.
BIB - staccato to me is short and sharp. His words are rambling and run into each other. I am not sure what the musical word is for garbled but that is his speech pattern. I think he is a nice guy, but he is on too much. He’s not funny, he can be odd, makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, I want to finish his sentences. He stuck his hand out to pluck out an imaginary nose hair from her nostril which she deflected neatly. That was odd. His appearances and the subs appreciation have breathed new life in him.What will he do when he no longer picks her up?

Reactions: 1
BIB - staccato to me is short and sharp. His words are rambling and run into each other. I am not sure what the musical word is for garbled but that is his speech pattern. I think he is a nice guy, but he is on too much. He’s not funny, he can be odd, makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, I want to finish his sentences. He stuck his hand out to pluck out an imaginary nose hair from her nostril which she deflected neatly. That was odd. His appearances and the subs appreciation have breathed new life in him.What will he do when he no longer picks her up?
Yes, maybe not the best word, but I was thinking about how he sounds..so...hesitant...before...he....eventually drones on&on&on&on&on! Whatever, it's not a good broadcast voice, it was a painful listen when she had him on the radio show. He will miss the attention when he no longer picks her up, he could always do his own YouTube channel, start with some of GOB's followers and run a hop-on-hop-off taxi shuttle around Marylebone, Fitzrovia and Soho for tourist stans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.