Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Sheerluxe podcast GOB was on is torture, it actually sounds like a satire. If you were sat near that bunch in a cafe you'd just have to get up and move.

"Ooh, a wedding in Hackney - so cool!"
"my friend's new cavapoo, so sweet, called Penelope!"
"The Pret chicken sriracha wrap is now a chicken pesto wrap"
"We're going to Barcelona"
"...Einaudi the classical piano player, ecelctic"
"I'm seeing Elton John!"
"I felt sorry for La Fromagerie when Bayley and Sage opened"
"I put a slice of cucumber in my water when I WFH"

GOB is jammed comically between two huge mikes that loom from behind the cream fabric sofa. She's almost buried, camouflagued by the £1,650.00 linen Erdem dress. The three pleasantly cheugy women all coo when asking her to show off her £2K Bottega fur bag. Problem now it's been seen by all and sundry , she's on the fashion slippery slope and will be craving something new to be praised for next time, she can't show up with the same old thing.

GOB pipes up about her YouTube channel and mentions Mutti, saying she's in the early stages of dementia, then tells a tale about Mutti randomly uttering the word "fame", which she said is the only thing that Jo thinks about; GOB told her brother this and apparently he agreed. What an insensitive, inappropriate narc-flex, why would you repeat something like that?

She then tutted about the BBC, annoyed she must share her frequency with the football on some Sundays. GOB adds to the topics by again repeating Margaret Dabbs' declaration that "you should change your shoes three times a day".

GOB has the nerve to say that Gwyneth Paltrow's diet of bone broth is anti-social, asking how you can have friends and a social life if you eat that way, saying it's rude, dangerous and triggering (says the woman who regularly jokes that she still barely eats anything after a lifetime of disordered eating).

They ask GOB if she has work to do at home, she pretends that she preps for her radio show, saying she chooses who she has on the show, adding that the Chewin' the Fat segment is her sitting with "three other journalists". 🤣 Says she will move from the BBC "when it is right".

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know she’s a great age, but it is so sad about her mum.
Yes, very sad, such a lovely lady. But why can't Jo Good let her mother maintain her dignity, there was absolutely no need at all to tell that "funny" story.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The sycophantic affected behaviour is just cringe. Wearing a few grands worth of dress, belt and fugly handbag and foundation, she still looks embalmed. Looks like she's being eaten by the sofa. Damien Lewis had her sussed.:) Old hippy. Marylebone, my show. Like a broken record.

• Haha
I have seen her in the wild too. She is tiny, not just height but frame. I am not sure where she gets a lot of her trousers, she must get them taken up. But she seems to leave sleeves messily tucked under - on coats and formal jackets. If she is spending vast amounts on clothes she should go the whole hog and use a seamstress/tailor to customise the fit. Trinny has one on standby who she sometimes features in her vlogs. Although perhaps now she has parted ways with Saatchi, maybe she might rein that in.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced tailor in central London? Asking for me, not her! There is that one in Marylebone, but any personal recommendations?
The things Trinny wears would mostly look ridiculous on me but she carries it off partly/largely due to her personality (something GOB sadly lacks much of). I doubt the split from Saatchi will impact her spending power that much though. She's very successful in her own right - deservedly so imo.

Reactions: 5
The sycophantic affected behaviour is just cringe. Wearing a few grands worth of dress, belt and fugly handbag and foundation, she still looks embalmed. Looks like she's being eaten by the sofa. Damien Lewis had her sussed.:) Old hippy. Marylebone, my show. Like a broken record.
What did Damien Lewis do?

The things Trinny wears would mostly look ridiculous on me but she carries it off partly/largely due to her personality (something GOB sadly lacks much of). I doubt the split from Saatchi will impact her spending power that much though. She's very successful in her own right - deservedly so imo.
Trinny has a great figure and wardrobe but she isn’t someone I see with great style. When she pares things down she looks great. Oftentimes she looks like she throws the kitchen sink at herself, wearing everything at once. Sometimes she looks like Big Bird from Sesame Street. It’s like she puts on a costume to play a part rather than be someone with natural style.

• Haha
What did Damien Lewis do?
He was in Marylebone, and she clocked him. Followed him into the cheese shop, which is tiny, and so he was trapped.:LOL: MAM introduced herself by saying she had a radio show, and would he like to come on. He is really tall and looked down at her and said NO. End of exchange. When you hear her tell the story it's cringe. Even though she always talks about reading the room, she has no self awareness. Poor man had a sick wife who died. He didn't need her pestering him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
He was in Marylebone, and she clocked him. Followed him into the cheese shop, which is tiny, and so he was trapped.:LOL: MAM introduced herself by saying she had a radio show, and would he like to come on. He is really tall and looked down at her and said NO. End of exchange. When you hear her tell the story it's cringe. Even though she always talks about reading the room, she has no self awareness. Poor man had a sick wife who died. He didn't need her pestering him.
I actually grow to dislike her more and more with antics like this. She is absolutely shameless.

• Heart
How about when, having just returned from the funeral, GOB said she wouldn't play the favourite song of her late listener on YouTube because she'd have to PAY for it? Why would you even point something like that out?
---
20230404_111122.jpg

• Wow
How about when, having just returned from the funeral, GOB said she wouldn't play the favourite song of her late listener on YouTube because she'd have to PAY for it? Why would you even point something like that out?
---
View attachment 2077433
I thought that was a weird thing to say too, and if they meant that much to you put your hand in your pocket and pay up as a mark of respect !!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That did come out a bit crass but I think the fact she went to the funeral shows her mark of respect.

I wonder who it was who died. I haven’t listened to her show for a few years but I recall the same woman ringing up, name might have begun with S? Anyone know.

Reactions: 4
It was Sue who's funeral she went to. The funeral was in Stanmore. Yet she says it was outside of London on this. She played the song on her show. Said she was invited by the family. Surprised she didn't vlog it. I don't think she knows what the song is about.

Reactions: 6
That did come out a bit crass but I think the fact she went to the funeral shows her mark of respect.

I wonder who it was who died. I haven’t listened to her show for a few years but I recall the same woman ringing up, name might have begun with S? Anyone know.
She said on the show that the woman's name was Sue, mentioning she had been emailing her over the years, more recently being invited to meet Sue at the hospice but she didn't manage it. So, yes, it was nice that she went to the funeral.
---
It was Sue who's funeral she went to. The funeral was in Stanmore. Yet she says it was outside of London on this. She played the song on her show. Said she was invited by the family. Surprised she didn't vlog it. I don't think she knows what the song is about.
I do remember her occasionally mentioning Sue's emails on air. Playing the song on the show was the right thing to do, no cost to her, so why not leave it at that? I really believed she had travelled out of London for the funeral but chose to exagerate the distance.

Last edited:
Oh dear that is cringe. I'm surprised a narc like her would relay that story.

Reactions: 8
Some woman told her to go outside and cough when she was in the steam room. If she was coughing like she was on her show last night, then I can understand. Of course MAM had to have a phone in about the entitled woman of a certain age. This is someone who was once filming in the changing rooms.

• Wow
Some woman told her to go outside and cough when she was in the steam room. If she was coughing like she was on her show last night, then I can understand. Of course MAM had to have a phone in about the entitled woman of a certain age. This is someone who was once filming in the changing rooms.
Since covid it is more socially acceptable to fart in public, than cough! I can totally understand someone being uncomfortable in a contained space. If I have a coughing fit I always take myself away if I am able to. It’s not just covid, it is general etiquette.

Since covid it is more socially acceptable to fart in public, than cough! I can totally understand someone being uncomfortable in a contained space. If I have a coughing fit I always take myself away if I am able to. It’s not just covid, it is general etiquette.
It's true. Her version is she was only clearing her throat! Yet she said she had a cough/cold and her asthma, which was really bad last night. Should take time out. Who would go into the steam room/gym when you know you are ill?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.