Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We don’t know a lot about Dave but from the clues he gave he used to work 7 days a week. That doesn’t give the impression he has any significant other things going on in his life. He might just have a strong work ethic or be working hard to make things better for him/others/debt. He has a flat in LA so doubt he has money worries. But my impression is he lives alone and doesn’t get much variety or the opportunity to converse with others in a meaningful way. And when he does get that opportunity he gets excited and garbles/can’t get his words out. I have been in contact with people like this before. They sense that you are backing away or glazing over so they get even more manic in a bid to say what they want to say because they know the conversation is going to be cut short.

MAM has given him a platform in a way, and he is blooming - he looks more presentable and takes care of himself now. He clearly reads the comments from the subs, they love him.What’s interesting is we have only seen him in the dark or sitting down. It would be interesting if she featured him on the vlog in a more social setting. It would be good if he could do something with this opportunity. Perhaps MAM can advise him. He is a nice guy who will be very deflated if he doesn’t have this outlet going forward. He isn’t her responsibility though.

This guy had a few tv series. I watched a few of them. His tv run seems to have been short lived but he used that to do other stuff other than black cab driver

Reactions: 2
We don’t know a lot about Dave but from the clues he gave he used to work 7 days a week. That doesn’t give the impression he has any significant other things going on in his life. He might just have a strong work ethic or be working hard to make things better for him/others/debt. He has a flat in LA so doubt he has money worries. But my impression is he lives alone and doesn’t get much variety or the opportunity to converse with others in a meaningful way. And when he does get that opportunity he gets excited and garbles/can’t get his words out. I have been in contact with people like this before. They sense that you are backing away or glazing over so they get even more manic in a bid to say what they want to say because they know the conversation is going to be cut short.

MAM has given him a platform in a way, and he is blooming - he looks more presentable and takes care of himself now. He clearly reads the comments from the subs, they love him.What’s interesting is we have only seen him in the dark or sitting down. It would be interesting if she featured him on the vlog in a more social setting. It would be good if he could do something with this opportunity. Perhaps MAM can advise him. He is a nice guy who will be very deflated if he doesn’t have this outlet going forward. He isn’t her responsibility though.

This guy had a few tv series. I watched a few of them. His tv run seems to have been short lived but he used that to do other stuff other than black cab driver
I'm sure Dave said (when he was on the radio show) that he'd had theatrical ambitions in the past, it was mentioned when someone said he was quite posh for a cabbie.

I know what you mean @House of Tea about his rushing to get his words out, I've also seen this with people who are shy or socially anxious, it is quite sad that they feel their contribution is not valued. I really like seeing people bloom in the way that he has, sometimes all someone needs is a little bit of attention or genuine concern so they value themselves a bit more. You are right that he is not GOB's responsibility but it would be nice if he took advantage of his new profile, maybe he'd like to be more social but doesn't have the framework in place, but I can't see GOB going out of her way for him once she doesn't a lift home at 1.03am paid for by the BBC.

I don't think I've seen Mason McQueen before. I've seen a cabbie with a show on that funny London Live TV channel and I stumbled on another cabbie's YouTube channel and found myself watching a couple of his vlogs going in to great detail with diagrams about the access and feeder lanes into cab ranks at Euston and Paddington o_O

Reactions: 4
Mason did a few series abroad. Also did one where he ferried Terry Wogan around the UK to different places.

Getting up early with more days going into the office I've been enjoying listening to Jason Rosam on BBC RL, he outlines the main news items but also some general topics, which makes a nice easy start to the day, he really hits the right tone. This morning he said he's been doing that slot for 3 years and he seems to have built a nice vibe with his listeners. From 5am to 6am he's nationwide so I like hearing callers from all over. Then 6 til 7am he's just on BBC Radio London. I bet GOB would've loved that 5am to 7am gig. Jason could do without Patrice who (tries) to read the newspaper headlines, often failing to deciper the simplest words or terms, leaving Jason to rescue her, which does kindly and patiently. Despite being on Radio London she constantly disses the capital, she's from Havering and keeps saying she wants to be considered from Essex, not London.

I also think the breakfast show Monday to Thursday with Salma El Wardany is coming in to its own, it covers main and local news, community news and some upbeat items. It's even better with the fantastic Riz Lateef on Fridays.

It's hard not to compare the content of these shows to GOB's narcfest broadcasts, in which she forgets about the remit as a local London show, instead using it to promote herself, her socials, her side hustles, her stan callers who shower her with compliments, her mates and her overseas listeners to confer international glamour upon herself.

Not local but shows it is not just local that is having changes. He presented with Nicki Bedi.
As a great friend of Niki Bedi, GOB might be hoping to fill the space, how she'd love to be on R4.

Oh that's a shame, I like him on there.
I never heard Richard Coles on there but I remember reading a while back on the BBC Radio threads posters saying they don't like him because he's narcy and generally attention seeking, all about him and always referring to his past in the Communards.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Last edited:
Sorry can’t remember. She was meeting her agent bemoaning the fact that all the same people get the jobs. She is right about that.

As a great friend of Niki Bedi, GOB might be hoping to fill the space, how she'd love to be on R4.

I never heard Richard Coles on there but I remember reading a while back on the BBC Radio threads posters saying they don't like him because he's narcy and generally attention seeking, all about him and always referring to his past in the Communards.
Niki Bedi is staying apparently. But has to relocate to Cardiff. Imagine MAM having to up sticks to Wales. I met RC a few times, he is an acquired taste. He didn't want to move, which is understandable. I think he lives in Eastbourne, so commuting to London is easy enough. It's seem's like an endless stream of shabby treatment by the Beeb lately.

Reactions: 5
Niki Bedi is staying apparently. But has to relocate to Cardiff. Imagine MAM having to up sticks to Wales. I met RC a few times, he is an acquired taste. He didn't want to move, which is understandable. I think he lives in Eastbourne, so commuting to London is easy enough. It's seem's like an endless stream of shabby treatment by the Beeb lately.
GOB in Cardiff! 🤣 I wonder how Niki Bedi will take to the move, I remember her saying when she was on BBC RL that she bought a flat in Brentford, at least she's on the M4. I wonder if the Beeb will susbsidise her move, or pay for travel and premier inn a few nights a week.

Richard Coles seems to say yes to anything he's asked to do, very over exposed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Thread Title Suggestion: Jo Good #12 In Her Suit From Hobbs, Moaning About her Jobs, She & Anna Went On Tour, Dave Is Still A Bore

• Heart
Yes I read this too, I'm not sure I've particularly noticed it.

If Niki Bedi is West London/Middlesex way, it will be easy enough to commute to Cardiff once a week or so.

Reactions: 1
On todays vlog, MAM the "influencer", is wearing one of the worst outfits I have ever seen on her.:eek:

I concede that the Erdem dress is beautiful, however, teamed with her oversized trench coat, ridiculous white Clergie shoes and her childs fluffy yellow Bottega handbag, it's a disaster darhlinnnng.

Put all together as an outfit it doesn't work. In fact she looks ridiculous.

Edited to say: (I do adore Myrtle though, she's gorgeous. ♥ Wish she was living with more people to care for her AND with a garden)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I really think the chat show/podcast is the right decision for GOB. It's pretty obvious that she isn't going to stick around at the BBC much longer and podcasts allow for the flexible working that she needs. She has the contacts for guests on her show that would make people click on and watch, such as Nadine Baggot, Jo Wood, Julian Clary, Harriet Thorpe & Jos Van Tyler. Quite a few people are making a living off doing a podcast.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.