Jim Chapman - Single and ready to mingle, dying to jump out the closet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So finally after 20+ undisclosed posts on Instagram Jim declares the Borneo "saving the rainforest" :rolleyes: trip as gifted with WWF - notice the with not from. Big surprise the first link in his "helpful" links is to the Netflix exclusive show.

This was as I suspected all along an AD for Netflix and has tried to hide it using a charity. How can he be so brazen after even the CMA called him out for being one of the most dishonest people online?

jim-champan-not-honest.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 10
So finally after 20+ undisclosed posts on Instagram Jim declares the Borneo "saving the rainforest" :rolleyes: trip as gifted with WWF - notice the with not from. Big surprise the first link in his "helpful" links is to the Netflix exclusive show.

This was as I suspected all along an AD for Netflix and has tried to hide it using a charity. How can he be so brazen after even the CMA called him out for being one of the most dishonest people online?

View attachment 13341
How can you be so smug and pissed off about this?! It's a programme about the rainforest supported by WWF. WWF have sent him there free to make people start listening to environmental issues. I really haven't understood your issue this one, there's way worse influencers out there benefiting from much more! Bee in bonnet much?! I'm sure he has done worse things! He had a free trip with WWF to raise awareness for something we're all trying to get our older generation to sit up and listen about... I get you have an issue with him but just let this one go? I fpr one am please he's supporting this cause and just don't care if he declared the trip gifted or not. Can we go back to laughing at his selfies and comments on Tarn's posts?!

Reactions: 4
How can you be so smug and pissed off about this?! It's a programme about the rainforest supported by WWF. WWF have sent him there free to make people start listening to environmental issues. I really haven't understood your issue this one, there's way worse influencers out there benefiting from much more! Bee in bonnet much?! I'm sure he has done worse things! He had a free trip with WWF to raise awareness for something we're all trying to get our older generation to sit up and listen about... I get you have an issue with him but just let this one go? I fpr one am please he's supporting this cause and just don't care if he declared the trip gifted or not. Can we go back to laughing at his selfies and comments on Tarn's posts?!
I kind of agree, I’m struggling to get annoyed by this one. Yes Our Planet is a Netflix show, but it was made in partnership with WWF, of course they are part of promotional activity for the show. Yeah he hasn’t been declaring properly from the start and that’s not right. But it isn’t an AD for Netflix, it’s a gifted from WWF, that just happens to involve promoting Our Planet which WWF were in partnership with Netflix over.

Reactions: 2
So the carbon footprint going there, the money spent going there and everything else was worthwhile while Hun x

Reactions: 8
Mrs Meldrum was paid by Ella’s kitchen to go to visit a homeless centre and “raise awareness” for the cause. Using your argument, that’s ok because it was for a good cause?
Unfortunately when it comes to rules and regulations you need to follow them ALL regardless of whether you support the cause he’s “working with”
This is a business arrangement for Jim, that’s the bare facts, he’s not doing it to raise awareness he’s doing it to raise his bank balance, get a free trip, get exposure.
It’s a sensitive topic but taking emotions out of it there are rules for a reason, and they need to be followed whether it’s D&G or WWF.
Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not smug or pissed off. He just hasn't been declaring an AD properly or following the rules.

It would be easy to follow the CMA rules. Just say from the outset he's on a trip to promote a netflix show, but instead he's not been transparent or honest and tried to hide the netflix AD.

He's a big hypocrite with the amount of flying (along with ~ADs for flying), taxi rides around london during the day, plastic pre-prepared foods and so on he's done after doing this trip. Just because you agree with the cause doesn't mean they're above the law. I'm not giving him any credit, he got a fun trip out of it, probably a juicy fee and it all seems very do as i say not as i do.

If there's worse influencers discuss them on their threads.

Reactions: 13
I'm not smug or pissed off. He just hasn't been declaring an AD properly or following the rules.

It would be easy to follow the CMA rules. Just say from the outset he's on a press trip to promote a netflix show, but instead he's not been transparent or honest and tried to hide the netflix AD.

If there's worse influencers discuss them on their threads.

He's a big hypocrite with the amount of flying (along with ~ADs for flying), taxi rides around london during the day, plastic pre-prepared foods and so on he's had after doing this trip. Just because you agree with the cause doesn't mean they're above the law. I'm not giving him any credit, he got a fun holiday out of it and it all seems very do as i say not as i do.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree and move on. You don't know he got paid for it, neither do I. You don't know how "Fun" it was. I don't think it's worth arguing over and you seem smug and pissed off even if you say you aren't... so yeah, let's move on.... we were talking about his embarrassing selfies? He doesn't do much else interesting does he?!

Reactions: 1
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree and move on. You don't know he got paid for it, neither do I. You don't know how "Fun" it was. I don't think it's worth arguing over and you seem smug and pissed off even if you say you aren't... so yeah, let's move on.... we were talking about his embarrassing selfies? He doesn't do much else interesting does he?!
He got payment at the very least with an expenses paid trip to Borneo.

I get it, you like the cause so don't care if he followed the rules set out by the CMA. Many people say this about influencers that they don't care if they break the rules, but that's not the point of rules.

I'm just saying he clearly breached them and this is his job.

Jim chapman is paid to promote products, he went to promote a netflix show and didn't disclose it as an AD.
If you think he makes commission from talking about a netflix show he had nothing to do with making, carry on, carry on!

Silverback films made the documenatary months ago. Jim went on an unrelated trip with WWF only last week and just posted a photo of himself in the rainforest to say that he liked the new documentary. I don't think he's linked to the show at all, but if you think so.

Reactions: 6
His insta story about date night...any word on who he’s dating? Also, that story is just weird. Is he being tickled??

Reactions: 3
If you think he makes commission from talking about a netflix show he had nothing to do with making, carry on, carry on!

Silverback films made the documenatary months ago. Jim went on an unrelated trip with WWF only last week and just posted a photo of himself in the rainforest to say that he liked the new documentary. I don't think he's linked to the show at all, but if you think so.

Perhaps he actually liked it?
Awkward!

Jim doesn't give a duck about the environment he'll carry on drinking bottled water and flying first class often. Just until Britta or Virgin trains sponsor him.

But it isn’t an AD for Netflix, it’s a gifted from WWF, that just happens to involve promoting Our Planet which WWF were in partnership with Netflix over.
How do you know that? Jim's said it's gifted with WWF.

His insta story about date night...any word on who he’s dating? Also, that story is just weird. Is he being tickled??
Looks like an attention seaking teenager, friend date probs.

Last edited:
WTH is the date night boomerang about?! How old is this man? I’m cringing for him. This is actual desperation

Jim’s big problem is he has been in a relationship for so long, since they were teenagers (?) and he became an adult in this relationship, he doesn’t know how to be single. He just sees all these young people on social media being single and thinks that is how to be single, but he is too old and awkward for it to work and thus it all comes across as a bit desperate.

He really needs to just chill out, and not try and jump back into relationships, he needs to learn how to be single, get his new place sorted, and try and find a direction for his life, both personal and professional, before pursuing a new relationship. Or at least keep all the dating stuff private because it isn’t going to be plain sailing and it comes across as kind of tragic.

Reactions: 9
WTH is the date night boomerang about?! How old is this man? I’m cringing for him. This is actual desperation
Judging by the size of the hand in that post, he’s probably babysitting for one of his sisters while she goes on date night, isn’t he staying with one of them until the sale of his new house goes through?

Just read through and I just can’t be attracted to Jim sexually in the slightest. Besides the fact that he has no sex appeal and I find him bland looking, personality is a big factor for me. He’s so corny and lacks self awareness that it’s just unattractive. I wouldn’t even shag just to say I shagged.

His goofy ass has also been following a few models on Instagram. I’ll be impressed if he manages to pin one down.

Reactions: 3
Someone found the new girl that he’s dating her insta @ is sarah.tarleton ,she’s one of those young insta model types.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.