Jim Chapman #7 Sarah Chapman and her husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I try not to rag too much on Sarah (honestly nobody deserves to be married to someone who treats them the way Jim treats her) but it IS pretty funny that she pronounces gnocchi as "knock-y".

Sarah, you sweet spring hen, just get a real job*; getting out of the house would be so good for you.

*and put a chunk of each paycheck into a secret bank account.
That last sentence 👌🏼 You just know that Jim gives her housekeeping money 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Ok I try not to rag too much on Sarah (honestly nobody deserves to be married to someone who treats them the way Jim treats her) but it IS pretty funny that she pronounces gnocchi as "knock-y".
That’s how I pronounce it, I don’t pronounce Italian words with an accent because I’m not Italian (and genuinely, I’d put that tit in room 101 haha) how should you say it?

The ‘Wa-la’ at the end is classic 😂 but I agree. I sort of say ne-ok-ee to get the silent g but it’s pretty much nock-ee.
Pronouncing Italian words with a pronounced Italian accent is twatty imo (see Michela Chiappa’s welsh accent then Italian pronunciation she gets slated for or Giada De Laurentiis).

Reactions: 8
That’s how I pronounce it, I don’t pronounce Italian words with an accent because I’m not Italian (and genuinely, I’d put that tit in room 101 haha) how should you say it?
The "o" is hard. Rhymes with pokey. I'm not English, so I did wonder a bit whether its a word whose correct pronunciation would feel unnatural to English folks. If that's the case I apologise to anyone who may have felt criticised.

ETA: While I agree that a put-on accent is incredibly cringe, Anglophones trying to pronounce foreign words (such as my name) correctly strikes me as a form of politeness. I find it charming when people try their best, even if the result sounds a bit silly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It was talked about on here before and at the time I was on the opposite side of the fence but the more stories I see the more I notice it.

I must say I find Sarah and Jim’s stories with Margot really odd because she is just silent. No babbling or noises in the way you would usually expect a 1 year old to interact with her mum when she is talking to her and her expression is generally blank. Usually when you talk to a toddler they try to communicate back in some way even with eye contact, smiles or screeching, even if they can’t say words yet.

Hopefully in real life she’s babbling away, trying to communicate with them but if not I would hope they have spoken to the health visitor and had her hearing checked just to rule out any issues.

I will say though they if they read this and don’t like it when people mention these thing, they should be considering the way they are choosing to expose their baby to anyone on the Internet. We can only discuss her because you choose to use her as content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Hopefully in real life she’s babbling away, trying to communicate with them but if not I would hope they have spoken to the health visitor and had her hearing checked just to rule out any issues.
I quite like to think she is striking due to being monetised without consent and therefore any labour she can withdraw she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Is Margot walking yet? how old is she now? She must be almost 18 months is she was born in august/September
They’ve posted photos of her holding herself up but I don’t think walking?
In general it must be tough comparing to other kids, especially online as Ottilie was born a week later and has been walking around for over 6 months now and is chatting away
. I wonder if this is why they haven’t posted Margot as much recently?
Ps I don’t have kids so happy to be put in my place around toddler development as have no idea (happy, healthy babies are the most important thing I’m sure they all catch up) but will agree that is a downside of exposing kids online from birth and can totally see now why likes of Tanya, Anna Newton etc have chosen privacy over exposure to large audiences.

Reactions: 12
It was talked about on here before and at the time I was on the opposite side of the fence but the more stories I see the more I notice it.

I must say I find Sarah and Jim’s stories with Margot really odd because she is just silent. No babbling or noises in the way you would usually expect a 1 year old to interact with her mum when she is talking to her and her expression is generally blank. Usually when you talk to a toddler they try to communicate back in some way even with eye contact, smiles or screeching, even if they can’t say words yet.

I will say though they if they read this and don’t like it when people mention these thing, they should be considering the way they are choosing to expose their baby to anyone on the Internet. We can only discuss her because you choose to use her as content.

And this is why parents shouldn't invade their children's privacy in order to fund their lifestyle

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I feel so sorry for Margot being put out there (by them) constantly. It’s early days of course but I think Baby Sage has been luckier with his parents!

Reactions: 15
I genuinely think Margot dislikes being filmed. Might seem wierd as you might think a small child wouldn't know any different. But I used to try to film my small grandaughter and she would grab my phone and try to hide it so I stopped. She is a bit older than Margot now (nearly 3) but I always ask her now if it is OK to film her or take her photo. And always respect it if she says no. She hates the barrier between me and her I think?
I wonder if Margot just clams up every time Jim or Sarah do it?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I genuinely think Margot dislikes being filmed. Might seem wierd as you might think a small child wouldn't know any different. But I used to try to film my small grandaughter and she would grab my phone and try to hide it so I stopped. She is a bit older than Margot now (nearly 3) but I always ask her now if it is OK to film her or take her photo. And always respect it if she says no. She hates the barrier between me and her I think?
I wonder if Margot just clams up every time Jim or Sarah do it?
I think you're right. There are some influencer kids toddlers that you can tell love it when they're being filmed and play up to it etc. Obviously, they don't know to the full extent what is happening, but they get positive praise (like you can hear parents doing in the background) so they enjoy that and do it more. Whereas some probably notice their parents acting slightly differently and don't like it - maybe they feel like something is off.

I don't have kids so I can't speak from first hand experience, but just some thoughts of what I think I'm noticing on insta.

I think you're right. There are some influencer kids toddlers that you can tell love it when they're being filmed and play up to it etc. Obviously, they don't know to the full extent what is happening, but they get positive praise (like you can hear parents doing in the background) so they enjoy that and do it more. Whereas some probably notice their parents acting slightly differently and don't like it - maybe they feel like something is off.

I don't have kids so I can't speak from first hand experience, but just some thoughts of what I think I'm noticing on insta.
yeah I agree, I worry for Margot that being filmed is actually affecting her development in terms of speech etc. children are a lot more perceptive than we think imo and she probably notices a change in her parents demeanor/speech when they are filming

Reactions: 6
I think she does walk because on one ig story she was walking pushing a toy stroller? But I havent hear her talk, she sometimes makes noises but doesnt say words as far as I know🤷🏽‍♀️ but I don't think we can judge her development over a few clips of her

Reactions: 3
Didn't Sarah post a few months back that it annoys her when people post their child's progress online because it's not fair or sensitive to other people? That screams insecurity to me. There's no shame if it's taking Margot a little longer to do things, but she's the one choosing to expose her child to the internet. Of course she had no problem posing for Jim right after giving birth when he praised her for bouncing back so quickly. That was totally fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It could be that they avoid showing her doing these things to keep up the narrative that you shouldn’t compare etc But Tbf if she’s doing things most would at her age that wouldn’t be necessary. I’m blocked so don’t know how they are now.

Didn't Sarah post a few months back that it annoys her when people post their child's progress online because it's not fair or sensitive to other people? That screams insecurity to me. There's no shame if it's taking Margot a little longer to do things, but she's the one choosing to expose her child to the internet. Of course she had no problem posing for Jim right after giving birth when he praised her for bouncing back so quickly. That was totally fine!

Idk i feel that if Margot was a very charismatic baby she would be even more exploted so thank god she almost always wearing the bitchy Chapman sisters look lol

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.