Jim Chapman #7 Sarah Chapman and her husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He just isn't in love with Sarah, is he? I mean I don't think he seems capable of being truly in love.

I will say that Sarah does tend to go on a bit and I sometimes feel impatient even listening to her because she will interject with something irrelevant about what her dad used to do or something, and because she doesn't have the kind of engaging personality for telling these stories it can feel a bit boring.

BUT I hope she never stops doing this, because that will be the day a narcissist like Jim has won and she is completely compliant. She deserves better, and I hope behind the scenes she's okay.

Reactions: 25
omg jim talking about how 'sound' his project manager is is PURE partridge

such a boring renovation, does not deserve a half hour video. The kitchen literally just looks like the one they liked in the show room?!

Reactions: 6
Was it gifted by Wickes do we think? Or a hefty discount? The amount of times he mentioned them and how amazing they were was so sus.
And from way he kept going on about 'and we won't be here when the warranty runs out' it looks like they won't be there that long. I give it a couple of years.

He's put AD in the description so it's been fully gifted I'd say. It annoyed me when he said they sent him a breakdown of the cost and he realised he had more budget so was then able to get the boiling water tap. Imagine not having to pay a penny for something that costs thousands and then being like "I had a chance to get even more freebies so then asked for a tap"

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Oh yes thanks I remember seeing 'AD' then forgot.
Isn't it crazy Wickes think it worth their while to gift a kitchen to an influencer with such low engagement. And presumably installation was free as he said the builder was affiliated to Wickes.
That really would put me off getting anything from Wickes tbh.

Reactions: 7
Was it gifted by Wickes do we think? Or a hefty discount? The amount of times he mentioned them and how amazing they were was so sus.
And from way he kept going on about 'and we won't be here when the warranty runs out' it looks like they won't be there that long. I give it a couple of years.
Omg... I wonder if this is how he's planning to make money for a while? Flipping houses using gifted resources, I mean. If so, that's actually quite clever (although morally suspect in at least a handful of different ways).

• Wow
Reactions: 9
These people are house rich cash poor. They are definitely not bringing in enough income to support their lifestyle. Jim's basically just living off the equity from his divorce buy-out, fluttering from property to property, and everything is gifted. They'll sell in a couple of years and go live somewhere closer to one of their families where properties are cheaper, so they'll make a profit on this place and it's horrendous 'yard'. Sarah's parents are probably disappointed she didn't marry a finance guy who could actually provide for her stay-at-home lifestyle. Jim's 'fame' probably looked appealing at first but he is dried up. No one wants him for presenting opportunities or red carpets or columns. I question how he fills his days beyond the stray ad here and there.

ETA: I just watched the video and that sofa was a terrible choice for what's ostensibly their TV room and child's play room. 2 people can barely sit there comfortably let alone get cozy. It's so formal and doesn't even suit the aesthetic of the kitchen. That whole section looks unfinished actually. They'd do better to just add a nice kitchen table, or maybe some reading chairs to round out the room. You can't buy taste I guess!

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
He said before that the kitchen and the builders were not gifted and that he paid for it. So how did it change from then and now I wonder ?

Reactions: 2
Came here to see if anyone else noticed all that. @Oaklyn you were spot on with those observations!
Thank you! I was thinking, if Jim edited the video he is out of order for leaving in the bits where he makes Sarah look stupid. If he doesn't realise how rude he is to her, that's bad enough, but if he wants to 'teach her a lesson' by leaving them in to make her look boring, he's wrong - it makes him look self-obsessed and petty. If Sarah edited the video she might be trying to show Jim how rude he is.

Because this is a paid-for promotion (they got a free kitchen AND a fee for making the content, sigh), then they would have had to show the finished video to Wickes for legal approval. How embarrassing showing such a petty side to yourself to a brand, and then still not having second thoughts and putting it out there to the world.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
just starting on the renovation video.. calling the old owners "lazy" because he doesn't like the design... Looking at that nice garden compared to now, jesus

Reactions: 14
ETA: I just watched the video and that sofa was a terrible choice for what's ostensibly their TV room and child's play room. 2 people can barely sit there comfortably let alone get cozy. It's so formal and doesn't even suit the aesthetic of the kitchen. That whole section looks unfinished actually. They'd do better to just add a nice kitchen table, or maybe some reading chairs to round out the room. You can't buy taste I guess!
[/QUOTE]

Its such a strange place in my opinion? Why didn't they move the kitchen more to the back? Its a very awkward space

Reactions: 5
I agree. Their (his?) taste in home furnishings is actually horrific....

Its such a strange place in my opinion? Why didn't they move the kitchen more to the back? Its a very awkward space
[/QUOTE]
effectively the kitchen was fine before, they have changed it but nothing it really better

I agree. Their (his?) taste in home furnishings is actually horrific....
"it is my dream kitchen" not their, of course. And do most people who buy a house
(as a family) imagine living there a short time? for me it makes no sense, they have bought a big house, surely the aim would be to stay a long time? If not they should have stayed in the flat?

Reactions: 5
Why is the tap chrome when everything else is brass? The handles, the lights switches, the sockets. Is that the only free tap they could get? What they did to that garden is criminal and might actually be illegal as it causes problems with drainage. It's now required to be permeable to rain.

Reactions: 13
Why is the tap chrome when everything else is brass? The handles, the lights switches, the sockets. Is that the only free tap they could get? What they did to that garden is criminal and might actually be illegal as it causes problems with drainage. It's now required to be permeable to rain.
I can only imagine a big downpour and the water starting to go into the house, I cannot believe the people who put it in agreed to do so tbh.
I bet the tap thing is that it was cheaper and he didn't want to put his hand in his pocket to get one that actually matches. Personally, I don't like the colour scheme at all, just all looks very "instagram"

Reactions: 7
Sorry I'm gonna rant.....

So they've been given a bleeping footmuff for a pram have they? Why? Is the pram gifted? It's a sorry bleeping state of affairs when these tossers post a kitchen reveal in their luscious home yet follow it by sharing a gifted item for a baby. Donate the bleeping pram. Donate the fuckinv footmuff. They can afford their own. THIS is broken Britain. Foodbanks. Children dying in mould-infested homes not fit for purchase. Pensioners unable to turn their heating on. Yet these well-off twats get things gifted.

Jim, you selfish twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Sorry I'm gonna rant.....

So they've been given a bleeping footmuff for a pram have they? Why? Is the pram gifted? It's a sorry bleeping state of affairs when these tossers post a kitchen reveal in their luscious home yet follow it by sharing a gifted item for a baby. Donate the bleeping pram. Donate the fuckinv footmuff. They can afford their own. THIS is broken Britain. Foodbanks. Children dying in mould-infested homes not fit for purchase. Pensioners unable to turn their heating on. Yet these well-off twats get things gifted.

Jim, you selfish twit.
100% agree, I have mentioned this in other places here but bascially at this point anywhere that gifts rich influencers i just do not buy anymore (not that I was ever inthe market for an expensive pram) but anything else,. It is just disgusting. When they mentioned donating toys to hospitals when margot was ill. They could afford SO much to give god knows how much, obviously they said they donated but no details, asking their fans to do so...when will this influencer madness end?

Reactions: 19
Margot looks thoroughly peeved with the pair of them. Well, she goes from unimpressed to apathy. Me too, Margot.

Why even bother going to all the effort of saying she’s not content, even writing an article about it. Then two weeks later Sarah’s advertising nappies and Jim is advertising pram and a footmuff. You can’t tell me you would do ads for these items without Margot…she’s clearly the content and ad income source here.
Zero brain cells or ounce of integrity between them. They must think their audience is stupid not to notice this.
Also love how much of a moral high ground Tanya has here for not selling her child online for quick payouts ….it must be secretly driving Jim crazy she has this one up on him.

Reactions: 24
I want to know who the friend is who bought Margot the farm stuff. I reckon Zoe and Alfie or Tan

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.