Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a follower of the band or Jesy and definitely not that Minaj.
Genuine question and am hear to understand but what is wrong with Jessy having tans/lips/curly hair/rapping?
Black women relax their hair/wigs/blonde/sing non rap songs.

Japanese/Korean bleach their hair blond, wear light colour contact lenses and sing in English
White women wearing Indian outfits and henna etc.

Surely it's freedom to dress, to sing whatever, so much is mix and match nowadays, even down to fusion food!
Read the previous thread or google blackfishing. You are being wilfully ignorant.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 115
I used to just dislike Jesy, I now dislike her. She will never be forgiven for the way she laughed and let Nicki drag poor LA down the way she did on that live.
Woman supporting woman? What a load of bollocks. Jesy and Nicki are the two most toxic and nasty woman I've come across. I would hate to come across them. Pair of witches.
Jesy is so damn thick, she doesn't even realise that Nicki is using her beef with LM to deflect what's happening in her car crash of a life. Whose going to back Jesy up once Nicki moves on to someone else? NO ONE.

Reactions: 56
I don't have iTunes but I am streaming the song on repeat on Spotify with the volume down.
Not even listening to it
I just want it to chart above Jesys on Spotify
THIS is the level of petty I aspire to. I HERE for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Genuine question and am hear to understand but what is wrong with Jessy having tans/lips/curly hair/rapping?

Japanese/Korean bleach their hair blond, wear light colour contact lenses and sing in English

Surely it's freedom to dress, to sing whatever, so much is mix and match nowadays, even down to fusion food!
Do you ever think those black girls are white????????
No. Next question please

• Heart
Reactions: 89
I’m on this thread as it’s quiet on the Meghan Markle and Katie price threads, but the similarities between all three women are fascinating

Reactions: 26

I've been reading through this thread, but not yet commented.

The whole issue of blackfishing is absolutely offensive to all black people or even any POC - (I hate that term but my brain can't think of anything better right now)

In regards to the comment above - do you mistake these black or asian people for being white? I think you need to read back through the threads.
It has already been well commented on this thread that 'whiteness' is the accepted beauty standard - especially within the music industry. Sad, but true.

The way Jesy is acting is a disgrace to people that have had their features or skin colour commented on, abused for and ridiculed over the years. She is boosting her 'career' to appeal more to a black US audience by portraying particular features of black people. For her it is a fashion.

White women wearing indian outfits - well I can comment on this as this is something I do, but not as a fashion trend, I wear a sari purely for weddings or other events as I married an asian man. Personally I hate people that wear such outfits for fashion. It's not appreciation, it is appropriation for these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Well well despite the so called queen of rap screaming on IG live, their song has dropped out of the US iTunes chart. I can’t wait to see the debut announcement.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
If poor mental health is your reason for leaving a band - I am still stumped how going out on your own is going to help that. I think that's basically the back story. The girls all agreed Jesy needed to protect herself and leave, go out of the spotlight and then Jesy went solo and the girls were like huh?
That is so much more to this.
She didn't even give herself sometime out of the spotlight she was always posing on IG in bikini tops virtually everyday, then has released a song IMHO pretty quick. For someone with body issues she certainly likes showing it off! I'm not being funny but she could easily get weight off if she wanted too she could hire a personal chef she can afford it and a personal trainer, she has the money to pay for the best if she wanted too, I had a double hip operation and put over 2 stone on I've got it off again in 2 and half months and that's without the gym! I had to, all my clothes are 8/10 and I couldnt even get an arm in anything I wouldn't buy a bigger size plus I was so miserable with the extra weight on, as girls we do compare ourselves and I do think we are hard on ourselves, it did really get me down but I did something about it, so could Jesy if she really wanted too its not the other girls fault if they have different figures and are slimmer than Jesy, its up to her to change that, and also what really annoys me is when she's posing for pictures and in LM videos her tongue!! She does the same poses all the time she must think its sexy, I didn't used to mind Jesy I felt for her when she brought her documentary out then after she left I thought shed treated the other girls badly while they kept a dignified silence, she has shot herself in the foot with this, she probably sees herself as a Robbie or Geri or Zayn, she's none of them and I think she will crash and burn, I'm sure a lot of her fans have turned against her. She needs to grow up.I hope I haven't offended anybody regarding weight as I know some people really struggle to lose weight my point being Jesy can have access to the best as she's a millionairess she wouldn't even have to cook her own meals etc, if I had her money I'd be off to a health farm for a month 💙.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I was really hoping she was a Zayn or Robbie Williams type who genuinely had some great stuff to release. But this song just makes it clear she has no idea who she is.

I feel like a lot of how she acts does come from mental health issues looks like she’s always compared herself to the others and had a lot of paranoia which must have been draining for the rest of the group. It’s just she’s got the money to go sort herself out and get better but this all feels very knee jerk and like she was just desperate for a number one to do the girls over. As bad as she might feel it’s never ok to take it out on others.

Reactions: 21
I've been reading through this thread, but not yet commented.

The whole issue of blackfishing is absolutely offensive to all black people or even any POC - (I hate that term but my brain can't think of anything better right now)

In regards to the comment above - do you mistake these black or asian people for being white? I think you need to read back through the threads.
It has already been well commented on this thread that 'whiteness' is the accepted beauty standard - especially within the music industry. Sad, but true.

The way Jesy is acting is a disgrace to people that have had their features or skin colour commented on, abused for and ridiculed over the years. She is boosting her 'career' to appeal more to a black US audience by portraying particular features of black people. For her it is a fashion.

White women wearing indian outfits - well I can comment on this as this is something I do, but not as a fashion trend, I wear a sari purely for weddings or other events as I married an asian man. Personally I hate people that wear such outfits for fashion. It's not appreciation, it is appropriation for these people.
Thank you for taking the time to give me constructive feedback 👍.

Reactions: 10
She didn't even give herself sometime out of the spotlight she was always posing on IG in bikini tops virtually everyday, then has released a song IMHO pretty quick. For someone with body issues she certainly likes showing it off! I'm not being funny but she could easily get weight off if she wanted too she could hire a personal chef she can afford it and a personal trainer, she has the money to pay for the best if she wanted too, I had a double hip operation and put over 2 stone on I've got it off again in 2 and half months and that's without the gym! I had to, all my clothes are 8/10 and I couldnt even get an arm in anything I wouldn't buy a bigger size plus I was so miserable with the extra weight on, as girls we do compare ourselves and I do think we are hard on ourselves, it did really get me down but I did something about it, so could Jesy if she really wanted too its not the other girls fault if they have different figures and are slimmer than Jesy, its up to her to change that, and also what really annoys me is when she's posing for pictures and in LM videos her tongue!! She does the same poses all the time she must think its sexy, I didn't used to mind Jesy I felt for her when she brought her documentary out then after she left I thought shed treated the other girls badly while they kept a dignified silence, she has shot herself in the foot with this, she probably sees herself as a Robbie or Geri or Zayn, she's none of them and I think she will crash and burn, I'm sure a lot of her fans have turned against her. She needs to grow up.I hope I haven't offended anybody regarding weight as I know some people really struggle to lose weight my point being Jesy can have access to the best as she's a millionairess she wouldn't even have to cook her own meals etc, if I had her money I'd be off to a health farm for a month 💙.
Completely agree with this! I put on a stone which I know isn’t much but I hid behind baggy clothes as I felt so insecure. She is choosing to parade around in next to nothing, I know people deal with things differently but I just don’t buy it.

Reactions: 9
I’m on this thread as it’s quiet on the Meghan Markle and Katie price threads, but the similarities between all three women are fascinating
I’m sorry but regardless of whether you like her or not Meghan Markle is nothing like Jesy, couldn’t be further from it 😂😂

Reactions: 39
FWIW I do think there is some possibility that her body image issues were exacerbated by being in the band. I can see how she could feel happy and confident to pose in more revealing clothes when she didn’t have the other three next to her. BUT - this is because I’ve stopped and given it some serious thought having been on these threads. To the average non-tattler who has a life and won’t have thought that deeply into it this just looks incongruous. People aren’t going to take the time to think about the reasons behind it all they see is Jesy who had all these body issues is now completely happy posing in skimpy clothes. Aside from anything else, from a marketing/PR point of view it makes no sense to have gone so quickly from one to another. Surely taking some actual time away to at least make the story seem plausible would have made more sense and led to less of the commentary on the fact she’s wearing what she claimed to feel uncomfortable in?! Re-launching herself having had some time away for her mental health with some sort of empowerment anthem would have guaranteed her positive attention surely?
I just don’t get it?!

Reactions: 8
Leigh doesn’t have a personal twitter but she sent a DM to a fan on instagram
Leigh doesn’t have a personal twitter but she sent a DM to a fan on instagram
That DM is fake apparently? On twitter, fan accounts were saying some fan photoshopped that statement, and took Leigh Anne's exact words from her tweet for inspiration lol.

This is Leigh Anne's official twitter from what I understand, she just doesn't have a verified tick. Her mum follows her and several of her friends and you can see from the tweets its not a fan run account, its tweets from leigh. I don't know why her mum + mates would follow an account that tweets as if it is Leigh Anne. LA tweeted on there an hour ago about being excited for tour.
1634126182653.png

edit: I've seen some people commenting on her twitter that it's not her. Not sure what to believe now.

This is a good question, think people are just fed up of having to spend emotional energy explaining it constantly cos it was talked about a lot in thread #2.

I copied and pasted my replies to other ppl asking similar things, hope it offers you some perspective. Excuse the sass, the person who asked about blackfishing wasn't as polite as you were haha.
1634126771026.png

Plus:
1634126802595.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
What will be HILARIOUS
Is when capital, heart radio etc normally phone an artist on their debut single week to let them know where they land in the charts, and normally its within the top 3.
Meanwhile on Spotify, jesy isn't even in the top 10.
Think that phone call won't be happening 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.