Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"So does this mean white people can't tan, then?" - No Karen, it does not. No-one thinks that it's bad to go to Beni for a week and come back with a tan. Please. HOWEVER if you tan + fake tan / makeup AND put on a big black curly wig, dress in a stupidly stereotypical 'hood' style (including surrounding yourself with 'gangster' dancers in grills), to the point where people who did not know you were white, assume you are mixed, THIS is the problem. Because nothing in that music video addresses the fact that she is a white woman from Romford and allows the assumption she is a mixed artist. She takes the support of this culture, she appropriates the whole culture, but she has NEVER faced the hardships or prejudices that black and mixed artists have had to overcome to even be allowed HALF of the platform she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

I meanโ€ฆ
Not exactly a resounding success...

Charts are absolutely not the be all and end all of music but this track was clearly engineered to chart, and a combination of being crap and the controversy surrounding it has killed it.

Reactions: 19
Honestly, I would say the majority of white people will never be able to truly relate to what POC deal with. At least some try to understand and educate themselves, Jesy's fans clearly cannot be bothered and seem very proud of themselves.
They will be the same crowd of โ€™hunsโ€™ using #bekind

Reactions: 28
I don't know why she's allowed a platform? Like why would you want some ignorant chinless cow with a degree in trying to be black on your show? What could she possibly bring to the table ๐Ÿ™„

Reactions: 21
So i guess everyone is streaming little mix lol, saw they are getting higher in the charts

1=Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)
2NEWLittle Mix - I Love You
3-1Ed Sheeran - Shivers
4NEWThe Wanted - Rule The World
5-2Grace Davies - roots
6-2Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I haven't used iTunes in at least a decade and I've even gone on and bought it, we all love a bunch of petty queens :ROFLMAO: unfortunate that it starts with the baddie tho...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
And love sweet love also is climbing alot lol. It went already up 46 spots last time i checked.

I am now btw in Germany and this is the itunes charts here:

176-58Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Little mix is coming in new at 62...

And in the Netherlands where i come from, Little Mix 2, Jesy 63:D

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
And love sweet love also is climbing alot lol. It went already up 46 spots last time i checked.

I am now btw in Germany and this is the itunes charts here:

176-58Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Little mix is coming in new at 62...

And in the Netherlands where i come from, Little Mix 2, Jesy 63:D
There is a streaming party for LSL at 6pm. Let's hope it goes higher than the baddies.

Reactions: 13
But her label won't be happy with that based on all the money they've spent on her. Has any ex band member had such a car crash debut? I've got whiplash at how quickly it all went wrong
You have a point. Considering how much a Nick feature cost (plus they had to pay for using the sample), a Top5 debut might be quite disappointing for the label.

Still, I was hoping it'd be a complete flop lol.
I guess the blackfishing controversy is giving the song free promo. Hopefully a huge drop next week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.