Jesy Nelson #3 Not concerned about a black life, unless of course it's a crapist wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @Gorbs for this winning title lmao

edited slightly to fit, also edited by the moderators me thinks
But OG title was: JESY NELSON MANDELA #3- not concerned about a black life, unless ofcourse it’s a rapists wife

anyone wanna do a recap of the shitstorm our favourite biracial white Romford baddie is embroiled in?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I am starting to think she is a UK Baddie now you get me fam.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What kind of reach is the Eminem argument?

Do these people even know who Eminem is? Did they not go to school with a million boys having a peroxide short haircut? He grew up in a pretty hard area of Detroit, and has been very upfront and honest about coming from a poor WHITE background and being “trailer trash”, who was immersed in black culture and respects and doesn’t profit of it, actually promoted young black talent like 50 & Obie Trice.

He wasn’t doing expressive dance at bleeping Sylvia Young then pretending to be some urban baddie who loves a “bad boy” and stealing and appropriating black culture. Behave yourselves

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 273
Love the title 😂

Jesy is a bleeping idiot. Little Mix have an established career and fan base, Nikki Minaj (unfortunately) has an established career and fan base, Jesy as a solo artist does not. In a week when all this drama blows over and Nikki's contract is over, it will be Jesy who's left out alone in the cold.

Also while I'm commenting, because I haven't for a while, Boyz is a terrible first single. It feels like a parody of Diddy's original song. Established artists can get away with doing tongue-in-cheek singles like that because it's cute and funny in an ironic way, but is that really the first impression Jesy wanted to give as a solo artist?

Reactions: 71
Also while I'm commenting, because I haven't for a while, Boyz is a terrible first single. It feels like a parody of Diddy's original song. Established artists can get away with doing tongue-in-cheek singles like that because it's cute and funny in an ironic way, but is that really the first impression Jesy wanted to give as a solo artist?
Exactly the song doesn’t show us who she is at all (apart from her being a baddie 🤦‍♀️). No originality or frankly talent on display.

Reactions: 30
UK baddie loolllll where b? You're STILL the ugly one. Just on the inside now too

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Love the title 😂

Jesy is a bleeping idiot. Little Mix have an established career and fan base, Nikki Minaj (unfortunately) has an established career and fan base, Jesy as a solo artist does not. In a week when all this drama blows over and Nikki's contract is over, it will be Jesy who's left out alone in the cold.

She does have a fan base, they (No Hun & the Brow King) call themselves her ‘Baddies’ 🤥😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Recap:
Jesy Nelson Mandela Dolezal is a problematic woman- with problematic issues.
10 years she spent as 1/4 of the worlds most successful girl band, only to throw that away in the name of I dunno? Liking guys with gold teeth?

She’s played the mental health card far too long, yes ppl trolled her for being fat back in the day, but she’s changed that to allay her insecurities. Leigh Anne Pinnock however, her band mate and loyal sister, has been mercilessly abused for being black, and that’s something she can’t change.

Our favourite biracial princess releases a video with America’s most famous moron; Nicki minaj, u know, the one who mistook Gonorrhoea for a covid vax side affect, the convicted rapists wife and loyal sister to her Pedalo brother….great choices there Jess!! 👍🏽 What a way to launch your solo career! By throwing ur mates under a bus! and Pdiddy and I dunno about u but he hasn’t been relevant since he dated Jlo?

the song is tit, romanticising ‘bad boys’ who are black men in her video, coz u know, she hasn’t been reading the news lately about how being automatically classed as a ‘bad boy’ black man means a bullet through ur head from the cops in most places

LA send a DM to local gobshite NoHun with a throwaway comment about instead of fetishising black men and enabling serial black fisher Jesy he do a video about blackfishing instead
Ofc gobshite McGee saw this as an opportunity to launch himself into the spotlight and leaked these DMs
Leading to Crackhead Minaj and Jesy Mandela doing a live on insta bullying Leigh about bullying Jesy….also Jesy saying she never spray tans she’s spent 3 weeks in Antigua hence her ethnic hue (Romford must be next door to the sun then) and her hair is naturally curly and definitely not curly weaves imitating an Afro

The rest is history

as you were

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I got a 2 hour train this evening, and was planning on reading my book, but somehow got sucked into the Jesy threads! Have found all the posts very educational and informative!

It's completely obvious, with the most basic of reading, why blackfishing is not ok. I was starting from a place where I feel like I pay attention to things anyway, but this whole fiasco just shows you can always, always learn more and grow further. Jesy just goes on the defence and then wonders why she has twats like Minaj and Dan Wooton on her side. Then laughing at the aggressive things Nicki was saying about Leigh-Anne, after doing a documentary about social media bullying... just a complete mess of a situation and I'd imagine she has done real damage to her burgeoning solo career. I do think she was clearly uncomfortable, but a person with backbone would have spoken back to Nicki and said she was going too far and Leigh-Anne had been her friend for a decade (even if it took a minute because you're in shock). Instead she just let her go on and on, and either said nothing or laughed like a schoolyard bully. Let's not forget she's 30 years old, not 14.

I think Jesy hasn't a clue who she is or what she wants to be. Even going back to her first audition on X Factor, Gary Barlow said there was no originality in her performance. I never paid a huge amount of attention to Little Mix, but it was clear when she brought out her documentary that she is not in the right job for someone like that, with major self-esteem issues. Her lips also look absolutely ridiculous.

THEN I got home and watched both her video and the video for the original song, and cringed so hard I've given myself whiplash. No originality, literally ripping off a black person's work frame by frame, from the old man at the beginning, to the cameo copied EXACTLY. The Guardian review says it better than I can- derivative, lazy, feeds into harmful tropes about "bad boys" and the hood, and says she could have used her debut solo single to subvert those things and do something interesting.

Gah, the whole thing is just cringe beyond belief, and she's burned her bridges completely with the other girls, I imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
That bleeping hair as well. It's not even blackfishing, it's the desire to look racially ambiguous, she knows exactly by doing that the comments will usually be "well she's mixed with something look at xyz"
it boils my blood, but then again maybe I'm just the angry black girl

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Oh and I totally agree with the poster who made the point that being around someone who wallows in their own misery CONSTANTLY can be majorly draining, and it sounds like the girls really did their best to be there for her anyway, but it got to be too much in the end.

People with low self-esteem can be majorly bitchy and narcissistic, I've seen it with my own peers, I don't know why it's so controversial to state that. I guess they lose all sense of perspective when they're in a bad place. Not always of course! And I have no doubt she received some truly horrifically nasty stuff on social media, and absolutely there is a huge amount of work to do to stop people behaving that way online- but again WHY is she in this job?!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
She had a choice, I'm sick to death of hearing celebrities like her crying about how hard it is and be kind blah blah blah. Stop doing it then? Leave your millions of £ and your big nice house and start a supermarket job like a normal person if you don't want tit? They literally put themselves out there into the public eye.

Reactions: 76
If poor mental health is your reason for leaving a band - I am still stumped how going out on your own is going to help that. I think that's basically the back story. The girls all agreed Jesy needed to protect herself and leave, go out of the spotlight and then Jesy went solo and the girls were like huh?
That is so much more to this.

Reactions: 79
She didn't have low self esteem when she, as an amateur, went and stood on that X factor stage did she? Infront of all them people.

Girls like her tend to always have a jealous nasty streak toward black women or women of colour, it's because they can imitate but they will never be us.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Aww Jesy’s little ‘baddies’ are coming along a whole 66 followers 🥴🥴
Imagine thinking you are iconic enough to have your own fan base, idiot. She could of had so much more had she not fucked the other girls off too and not been a black fishing idiot. Oh and picking someone to collab with who is not married to a convicted rapist. 🤫

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jesy said she had been to Antigua in the weeks before the video shoot and that "explained her darker skin tone".

Hey google….

83707332-FD3A-4E1A-8F17-C116A25DD99B.jpeg

Returned from Antigua with a different heritage, how the duck do I explain the fact I’m no longer a white girl to the insta homies?

*google suggests.

- get that scank who married the rap*st to fight your corner.
yeah, the one spouting all that crap about covid, that one. 😐

- na, I’m out, you’re fucked.

Love google

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.