Jesy Nelson #2 Is she back or white? Either way her song is sh..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we reckon the girls will make a statement of some sort soon about all the beef that's happening?

Reactions: 7
To me, if it's at the point where people actually think you are mixed race/mixed heritage due to you tanning yourself too dark, dressing in a culturally inappropriate way, glorifying cultural stereotypes (of which you don't belong to) then that is blackfishing and that my friends, is Jesy Nelson.

She compared people judging her weight being the same as someone being racially abused.

I always felt like Jesy played a massive victim and maybe, it was more of a personality issue than anything else. Anyone who walked onto that Factor stage knew the public domain they were walking into. The paparazzi and press didn't just pop out of the womb in the last few years.

Reactions: 54
Do we reckon the girls will make a statement of some sort soon about all the beef that's happening?
I think Leigh would be a really good person to say something if they do due to the fact that Jesy never took any interest or concern for how she felt about the racism she’s received and because of her documentary

Reactions: 20
Jade, Perrie and Leigh all unfollowed Jesy on Instagram at the same time, I’m glad they’re fully cutting ties with her

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
nah, they have the upper hand atm, moving on and being classy whereas Jesy still needs to mention them to get the attention.

i hope their next album is their biggest one!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm white and I agree with a lot of the comments in here re. Blackfishing. I really wanted to see Jesy be more supportive to Leigh-Anne following her documentary on racism; Leigh always seemed so supportive of Jesy with her mental health issues, it's so sad to me that she didn't seem to get the same energy back. On a slightly different note, I really think we're about to step into Leigh-Anne's era and I love it, really looking forward to seeing the film she is in too - she seems like such a genuine soul.

Given the whole blackfishing theme to the song and video, I would really love to hear from a POC what they think about Nicki and Diddy jumping on her song?

Reactions: 32
The only thing I’m not agreeing with it claims she’s singing with a Jamaican twang, that IS NOT a Jamaican twang
It’s more trying to sound like the American RnB artists she’s grown up listening to.

Reactions: 9
Nah. They are classy and it shows. Not once have they dragged her name but instead just keep smashing it. They’re too many levels above!

The only thing I’m not agreeing with it claims she’s singing with a Jamaican twang, that IS NOT a Jamaican twang
It’s more trying to sound like the American RnB artists she’s grown up listening to.
I think it’s just that she’s a terrible singer 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Miss Nelson is half Jamaican. Didn't you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sorry but I keep seeing things and have to share this reaction video 😭

He’s my favourite to watch on TikTok, I haven’t even clicked on the link and I already know he’s going to be spitting out TRUTHS

I’ve just watched it. I’m in tears. The silence is so loud 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Never cringed so much in my life watching the music video. Too old to be going on like that.

Reactions: 13
Seen on Twitter that Perrie even unfollowed Jesy on her dogs account!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I’ve seen so many videos on my FYP on tik tok that have gone viral absolutely slating the song and the comments are worse. This hasn’t gone as planned for Miss Nelson 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
WOWW, I can not believe the entitlement and ignorance of some people who are actually sticking up for her and trying to tell people what they can be hurt and offended by! 😅 I feel like going in right now but clearly judging by your attitudes you aren’t willing to educate yourselves.

Can we also point out and mention the fact she also sampled for her first song music from a black artist so not only doing the obvious with her blackfishing but also profiting off black culture even more!? And she even stole the WHOLE ASS concept of a black creators music video!! The whole concept is meant to be about white people being uncomfortable with a black person moving into their neighbourhood!! How are people not understanding how inappropriate this is and how it makes no sense 😂😂😂

I’m curious to also know if Diddy and Nicki even know Jesy is white!? Because I bet it’s never even been discussed!

Also for the white lady who almost sounded sarcastic asking if she’s allowed to use hair tongs anymore lmao 😆 there’s a diff with styling your hair and sewing a giant curly weave into your head whilst modelling black face 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m so glad there are people holding her accountable!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m so curious to see where she charts tbh.
A #1 on iTunes is not that deep neither is a U.K. number 1 sorry but have we seen the recent Christmas number ones over the past few years?

I’m curious about her charting in the USA since a collab with Nicki got that annoying troll 6ix9ine a number one (wonder where he is recently).

Not even gonna engage with the ignorant people on this forum - Google is free.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.