Jessontheplussize #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couple of things
I wish she would realise when she uses highlighter and when doing her make up, all she is highlighting is her scarring and uneven skin

I wish she would realise how lucky and privileged she is! Honestly, she doesn’t know how good she’s got it. And to refer to going to the pub as stressful and finding an outfit hard and not being able to fake tan because you’re going a day early because your hair appointment has been moved. Jesus, none of this is stress. She should be so so grateful that that’s all she has to worry about
100% ... I was so angry watching that..100s of stories about what to wear and her bloody foundation colour ...ffs !

Reactions: 4
That obviously did upset her but I think being hassled by someone when you’re out trying to enjoy the afternoon would piss anyone off, regardless of the age of the person.
Having to tell someone three times to politely get lost is too much. Once should be enough. And for anyone saying Jess should be grateful / count herself lucky for having a mans attention........ woof, take a look at yourself!
I agree! It's been a while since I've been out but it used to wind me up no end when people would bother you and your friends- regardless of age, gender, intentions etc. It's mostly men to be honest and even though lots of the time it's harmless fun, it's so annoying to have to tell people more than once to leave you alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wish Jess would stop trying tik tok trends made up by 18 year olds with much different skin when doing her make up! She’s in her 30s with not great skin, she needs to find out what works for her, because it’s probably not going to be the same! she’s always the first to jump on a bandwagon, and I don’t think I’ve seen any trend that she has tried, actually work with her skin! She really wants the CT stuff to be the one, but it’s just not! Whatever CT stuff she put on with her no make up make up, was horrendous! Why does she pick things like this and excessive highlighter, which make her look even oilier?!

Reactions: 5
That obviously did upset her but I think being hassled by someone when you’re out trying to enjoy the afternoon would piss anyone off, regardless of the age of the person.
Having to tell someone three times to politely get lost is too much. Once should be enough. And for anyone saying Jess should be grateful / count herself lucky for having a mans attention........ woof, take a look at yourself!
I mean I’d have just said duck off and be done with it. Old men can be right leary shits. I still think it was the age thing that bothered her.

Reactions: 6
Wow.... some of your comments!!

I’m with Jess. The fact she needed to say she was married before he would duck off shows that he respects another man more than her saying no.
her friends and staff shouldn’t have to intervene... he should take her saying no!
It doesn’t matter if he’s 70, 18 or in between. Rapists can turn 70 too

• Heart
Reactions: 52
If someone was hassling me that much it would’ve ruined my evening and I probably would’ve just left as I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy myself. She’s 100% right to be annoyed as she just wanted a nice catch-up with her friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I actually felt like Jess was TOO polite and it was giving that awful man reason to keep trying!!! She should’ve said “I’m married and I’m not interested mate” from the beginning. But I agree, she shouldn’t be grateful that a man is showing her attention, he was old and creepy and she in no way deserves to have to put up with that on a night out.

Reactions: 8
He should have pissed off but some people are just idiots, especially full of drink. I’m still calling it that it was because of the age as that’s all she kept referring back to. That was what offended her as she didn’t once say urgh bloody men harassing women when out is so wrong etc. If it had been a 25-35 year old fitty she wouldn’t be doing 20 stories on it and repeatedly saying about the age and he’s the age of her grandad. She was polite , I wouldn’t have been. I don’t see why people feel the need to be polite to strangers in those circumstances , she shouldnt have to say she is married to get him to leave her alone either. I think in this case it’s an old fella thinking aww the fat lass will be up for it. Which is bloody awful but there’s so many that think fat people can’t possibly have a fella and should be “grateful” for some attention. That’s just my opinion on it though. Like the person a few comments up said 70 year olds can be rapists too. It was just age age age in her post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I actually felt like Jess was TOO polite and it was giving that awful man reason to keep trying!!! She should’ve said “I’m married and I’m not interested mate” from the beginning. But I agree, she shouldn’t be grateful that a man is showing her attention, he was old and creepy and she in no way deserves to have to put up with that on a night out.
But that’s not the point!!!! She shouldn’t have to say I’m married. She should be able to politely say NO and that be the end of it!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think actually that’s what’s so insulting to her too? And I think that probably knocked her confidence too. Knowing that he probably was trying it on cause he thought the fat lass would be up for it which is very common, many men have that mentality it’s absolutely disgusting

Reactions: 17
I think actually that’s what’s so insulting to her too? And I think that probably knocked her confidence too. Knowing that he probably was trying it on cause he thought the fat lass would be up for it which is very common, many men have that mentality it’s absolutely disgusting
It really is disgusting that anyone thinks like that at all but it does happen and always will. I think she was really offended by it , you could tell by her reaction. The cushion comment made me laugh tho. Tbf I’d need a cushion for my arse on the uncomfortable seats outside and I’m not 70 😂

Reactions: 1
And the fact he wouldn’t believe she was married because she wasn’t wearing her ring proves that too.

I think some of the posts on here are verging on blaming Jess, like “she shouldn’t have been so polite, I would’ve just told him to duck off, why didn’t she report it to management, why didn’t her friend say something” maybe she didn’t want to cause a scene? Maybe she thought telling him once would (and should) have been enough? If he was pretty drunk that could have tipped him from harmless to aggressive and they would’ve had to leave and that would’ve been their night ruined.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And the fact he wouldn’t believe she was married because she wasn’t wearing her ring proves that too.

I think some of the posts on here are verging on blaming Jess, like “she shouldn’t have been so polite, I would’ve just told him to duck off, why didn’t she report it to management, why didn’t her friend say something” maybe she didn’t want to cause a scene? Maybe she thought telling him once would (and should) have been enough? If he was pretty drunk that could have tipped him from harmless to aggressive and they would’ve had to leave and that would’ve been their night ruined.
you could already tell she was anxious to go out all the drama about getting ready and her makeup etc is that anxiety manifesting. Causing a scene would be the last thing I’d want to do too, especially if you’re already ‘the fat girl’

Reactions: 7

I mean it definitely wasn’t her fault at all there’s no iffs or buts. This is a strong confident lass that doesn’t take no tit. Yes he should have took no for an answer but even a straightforward “ can you just go away “ would have most likely done the deed. Tell the bar staff. She was on the fell it’s a tiny place , pretty much everyone knows most people if your local. She will have most likely known the staff I know I do . The barmaids are tough as old boots they’d sharp have removed him.

you could already tell she was anxious to go out all the drama about getting ready and her makeup etc is that anxiety manifesting. Causing a scene would be the last thing I’d want to do too, especially if you’re already ‘the fat girl’
She definitely didn’t feel confident in that outfit I don’t think. And yeah her makeup she wasn’t happy with. I think her weights making her physically and mentally uncomfortable now and it’s very clear to see.

I cant believe some of the comments I've read on here coming from you so called women!
I felt for Jess watching those stories. It's bad enough when a bloke - any age, is pestering on a night out.
She shouldn't have had to tell him 3 times. Once shouldve been enough. And to not believe she was married? Disgusting.
I think Jess is a lot less confident and socially confident than she makes out. Can see it upset her last night. And as sad and true as it is, the "fat girl being married" part, I felt that. Im not married, never have been. But I've always been the fat girl of my friends. Men have approached me and not believed when ive said I've got a partner.
It's like some men (and some women judging by these comments!) think that we should feel honoured they're trying it on just because we're fat 😏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I cant believe some of the comments I've read on here coming from you so called women!
I felt for Jess watching those stories. It's bad enough when a bloke - any age, is pestering on a night out.
She shouldn't have had to tell him 3 times. Once shouldve been enough. And to not believe she was married? Disgusting.
I think Jess is a lot less confident and socially confident than she makes out. Can see it upset her last night. And as sad and true as it is, the "fat girl being married" part, I felt that. Im not married, never have been. But I've always been the fat girl of my friends. Men have approached me and not believed when ive said I've got a partner.
It's like some men (and some women judging by these comments!) think that we should feel honoured they're trying it on just because we're fat 😏
👏👏👏👏👏 couldn’t have said it better myself

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Unrelated to the saga of this weird man... as a side to that.... I’d be annoyed and wondering why if my partner took their wedding rings off when they went to the pub to be honest.

I just found that a bit odd

Reactions: 5
Unrelated to the saga of this weird man... as a side to that.... I’d be annoyed and wondering why if my partner took their wedding rings off when they went to the pub to be honest.

She said she’d took them off a few days ago as they’d irritated her fingers. Got to be honest I’ve not worn mine the last month and I’ve been married 25 years. My fingers are sore from washing up liquid. I then notice when I’m out and hate not having them on , god knows why 😂

I haven't worn mine since forever😂 Same for my husband. It's not even required for a civil wedding by the way.
After 10 years or so, I hope Jess and Milli know where they stand and are confident enough about each other.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.