Jessontheplussize #13 Sweaty gob, third time back at her dentist job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the rollercoaster that is this thread.

move bought a few things from ITS- only had 1 item that I wasn’t happy with the quality and it was a dress from Jac Jossa range.

As you were

Reactions: 4
I understand she’s making money by selling it but it makes me so angry!!! These are clothes that probably cost £2/£5 to make maybe even LESS! Is anyone else absolutely infuriated by this? I just find it so terrible that miss greedy Jess sits at home all the time, eats her weight in food and does eff all but meanwhile us people who work and have to struggle to put food on the table have to pay £30/£40 for cheaply made clothing made in China. I just think It’s ridiculous and just shows her true colours. I understand she’s happy because she’s got her own collection but it’s ripping off those people who actually pay her bills.
It's the humanitarian issues that bother me. And although Jess is selling these clothes (she's probably very ignorant, which is her own fault) it's the actual brands who endorse the poor treatment of the Chinese workers who are to blame.
It's a shame she's blocked me as I have so much to say to her 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I thought that everything in that bowl of cakes was her portion after Sunday dinner?

Reactions: 8
Don’t tell me that bowl was everything that was left of that box of treats?
It can’t be ……
I took it that the bowl was her share of what was left so a sixth? So she pretty much took it all with her?

I understand she’s making money by selling it but it makes me so angry!!! These are clothes that probably cost £2/£5 to make maybe even LESS! Is anyone else absolutely infuriated by this? I just find it so terrible that miss greedy Jess sits at home all the time, eats her weight in food and does eff all but meanwhile us people who work and have to struggle to put food on the table have to pay £30/£40 for cheaply made clothing made in China. I just think It’s ridiculous and just shows her true colours. I understand she’s happy because she’s got her own collection but it’s ripping off those people who actually pay her bills.
But you could literally say this about any piece of clothing that anyone buys in any retail store. Ethical clothing is pretty non - existant on the high street, especially for plus size clothing. If she had a collection with any fashion retailer they would all be selling unethically sourced clothing. If you feel strongly about it I would just try and buy second hand or do your own research of where you can purchase clothes with a better standard.

Reactions: 13
I would love to buy ethical clothing for my plus-sized body if anyone can point me towards it. My own research has so fat come up with a big far nothing available in the UK.

Jess is nowhere near as famous and influential to be able to pick and choose who she works with and demand a level of ethical good practice, cannot blame her for it.

Reactions: 9
I would love to buy ethical clothing for my plus-sized body if anyone can point me towards it. My own research has so fat come up with a big far nothing available in the UK.

Jess is nowhere near as famous and influential to be able to pick and choose who she works with and demand a level of ethical good practice, cannot blame her for it.
I'm not sure what size you are but there are some small brands making hand made clothing which I have used - both based in Glasgow. I'm size 18-20 for reference. They are Love and Squalor and the other one is LAW Clothing and both are on Instagram. They go up to size 22/24 at least. The styling may not be to everyone's taste - it's clean lines mostly and very little patterned items. And no high fashion, but personally I like to buy something I will wear for years, not weeks. The garments I have bought from them are excellent quality, made from natural fabrics like linen and cotton. You can't really get any more ethical apart from buying second hand, which is always tricky for plus sizes. More mainstream ethical brands are Thought Clothing (up to size 20) and Baujken (up to size 18 but some items are quite oversized). You do of course pay a premium, but I'd take one hand made linen dress over two polyester sweatshop manufactured monstrosities from ITS any day.

• Heart
It's the humanitarian issues that bother me. And although Jess is selling these clothes (she's probably very ignorant, which is her own fault) it's the actual brands who endorse the poor treatment of the Chinese workers who are to blame.
It's a shame she's blocked me as I have so much to say to her 😆
I’ve seen others on this thread also say she blocked them, seems she’d rather block than actually make the effort to respond

Reactions: 5
Had a zoom with an unironed top on that had makeup round the neckline ..... maybe it was with a houshold cleaning company 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She could have ironed her top, she looks a right scruff.
Screenshot_20210802-125348.png

Had a zoom with an unironed top on that had makeup round the neckline ..... maybe it was with a houshold cleaning company 🤔
Sorry, I didn't see your post, when o posted about her top.

Reactions: 3
Yep..
Same lol..all dolled up for a zoom..not!
How out of breath does she sound just talking?!
Also, who the hell is asking for hair tutorials??

As soon as you see a suggestion box we all know what that means…FREEBIES!!!
And now she wants to move house! On one full time wage! 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Having worked in a bank she surely has some idea that it will difficult to get a mortgage based on one full time wage? She will need to be properly registered as self employed to use her income now, and doesn’t it take a couple of years to actually have accounts to show when you first start out, due to when they are filed with HMRC? Seems even more crazy to have quit when they wanted to move!

Having worked in a bank she surely has some idea that it will difficult to get a mortgage based on one full time wage? She will need to be properly registered as self employed to use her income now, and doesn’t it take a couple of years to actually have accounts to show when you first start out, due to when they are filed with HMRC? Seems even more crazy to have quit when they wanted to move!
This chat happens on every thread every time an “influencer” buys a house. Obviously it’s classed as a real job (despite a lot here don’t think so) and people do get mortgages so she will too. She worked in a bank so I’m pretty sure she knows what she would need to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This chat happens on every thread every time an “influencer” buys a house. Obviously it’s classed as a real job (despite a lot here don’t think so) and people do get mortgages so she will too. She worked in a bank so I’m pretty sure she knows what she would need to do.
They couldn’t get a better house where we live on gifted tat boxes and 1 colab from in the style 😂

My point was more that as it’s a recent change she may not have the relevant back up to prove her income for a good while and she said they wanted to move in the next couple of years, so it may be difficult to do if they have to go on one income.

I know it’s classed as a ‘real job’ in the eyes of the tax man but many ‘influencers’ don’t see it the same way. I don’t read every thread on here so in the sole context of this thread I brought up the topic.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.