Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would it be so unlikely? Jessie, Alfie, and Bebe all were independently educated. You think it would be different for her kids?
Might be wrong but didn't someone on her earlier say they went to state school with Bebe and she only went to private school for secondary or sixth form? I feel like it's much more likely that if the grandparents were to chip in for private education they'd do it when the kids were older? I feel like if they were getting financial assistance from parents at this stage, surely it would be for a deposit for a house? Idk, this is all just speculation but the notion of her 4 and 6 year old going to prep school just seems illogical when they're still renting.

Isn't Alfie's dad a millionaire? I'm betting Jessie's parents will have stumped up the cash - most people who send their children to private schools have huge generational wealth/support from parents or grandparents.

... I just looked it up. Bebe went to Westminster School! £10k a term.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Isn't Alfie's dad a millionaire? I'm betting Jessie's parents will have stumped up the cash - most people who send their children to private schools have huge generational wealth/support from parents or grandparents.

... I just looked it up. Bebe went to Westminster School! £10k a term.
makes sense - Westminster only accepts girls for sixth form

Lurker here moved to comment on Jessie’s weird mimicking of their patreon supporters in their podcast today… It just seemed ungrateful and nasty and then they went on to joke about only being able to afford to feed the children beans which is massively tone deaf at the moment. I have always found Jessie annoying but I’m starting to think they are the worst kind of entitled privileged as hell people. Also paying a sleep therapist to help with the baby as she hasn’t slept for more than 3 hours since he’s been born… meanwhile Alfie is taking it easy in his own bedroom!? Her pushing him as some great talent who just needs a break is getting old too… he is not at all funny or clever and we definitely aren’t lacking another posh white boy with industry parents so just cool it Jessie!
Also definitely believe the kids would be going to private school. They own a flat in the Barbican (which Bebe lives in/is worth around a million *starving actress vibes*) and the private school kids always get the acting jobs so it’s a good investment isn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know if I'll bother listening anymore. The podcasts are so repetitive and all seem to follow the same formula:
so hard being a working mum
so hard being 'poor'
so hard being a 'fat' actress
so hard having a much more talented sister
so hard being the only people in the world to experience grief
so great coming from such an artsy/ quirky family
weight,weight,weight,kids,acting,weight, Alfie blah blah blah

Reactions: 14
Lurker here moved to comment on Jessie’s weird mimicking of their patreon supporters in their podcast today… It just seemed ungrateful and nasty and then they went on to joke about only being able to afford to feed the children beans which is massively tone deaf at the moment. I have always found Jessie annoying but I’m starting to think they are the worst kind of entitled privileged as hell people. Also paying a sleep therapist to help with the baby as she hasn’t slept for more than 3 hours since he’s been born… meanwhile Alfie is taking it easy in his own bedroom!? Her pushing him as some great talent who just needs a break is getting old too… he is not at all funny or clever and we definitely aren’t lacking another posh white boy with industry parents so just cool it Jessie!
Also definitely believe the kids would be going to private school. They own a flat in the Barbican (which Bebe lives in/is worth around a million *starving actress vibes*) and the private school kids always get the acting jobs so it’s a good investment isn’t it?
You can come back again 👆🏻. Out of interest how do you know that they own a house in Barbican? They never talk about wealth just their financial woes. (they are super poor BTW, not sure if you missed it).

Reactions: 6
Just need to get it out that there’s no need to say ‘our Mum’ they can just say Mum as we understand they’re sisters 🙇‍♀️

Reactions: 1
You can come back again 👆🏻. Out of interest how do you know that they own a house in Barbican? They never talk about wealth just their financial woes. (they are super poor BTW, not sure if you missed it).
😆 I know I know so poor and yet still so woefully underserved by baby brands who #kindlygift.

Bebe lives in a flat in the Barbican and Jessie lived there years ago - I’m only assuming they own it and have had it rented out variously over the years. And I only know this from following them on Instagram and recognising the interior of the flats. Unsure why my brain retains this information but there you go 🕵️‍♀️

I stopped following them on Instagram after Jessie started advertising a rubbishy razor mere weeks after giving birth… I don’t have experience of this but I can imagine as a new mum you’d quite like to connect with others in the same situation on the gram without them telling you you should be shaving your fanny by now.

It’s a shame because Jessie’s YouTube videos/shows were good but the complete lack of self-awareness and over sharing doesn’t mix so well with utter entitlement.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thought I’d give Alfie’s new podcast a listen this morning, I’m 20 mins in and it’s so incredibly boring, not sure why he thought this would be appealing to anyone

Reactions: 5
I don't know if I'll bother listening anymore. The podcasts are so repetitive and all seem to follow the same formula:
so hard being a working mum
so hard being 'poor'
so hard being a 'fat' actress
so hard having a much more talented sister
so hard being the only people in the world to experience grief
so great coming from such an artsy/ quirky family
weight,weight,weight,kids,acting,weight, Alfie blah blah blah
They can talk about grief as much as they want, it is uniquely traumatic and important to every one who experiences it. Also it is hard to be a working mom and the difficulties experienced are interesting to me.

I can see the frustration coming from the way they present as struggling with money but actually they have a very soft landing and a leg up.

The weight stuff is tricky because it is warping to hear to very small women say how big or fat they are or were. I more hate it when they describe each other that way rather than themselves as it seems like you're pulling in your sister to your disordered way of thinking.

Alfie's podcast was supremely boring, and I fail to understand how little he helps Jessie with the baby sleeping. Presenting him as very clever or interesting drives me mad. He is just so medicore as a comedian.

Alfie’s comedy at the fringe followed this format:

stories of him being a truly awful partner
jokes about how he’s from wealth
the tale of their one night stand - a story we all know so well, we could be classed as the third party by now
story about him bargaining with Jessie to be able to sleep with anyone in exchange for a third baby
story about him being an alcoholic

None of it particularly funny, and I get that his humour is meant to be DaRk AnD cLeVeR but it’s actually really sad

I wonder if Jessie pretends to think he’s amazing because she’s in too deep to start critiquing him. Seems like that’s why she lets him get away with anything, because she’s worried he’s going to run off if not.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
They can talk about grief as much as they want, it is uniquely traumatic and important to every one who experiences it. Also it is hard to be a working mom and the difficulties experienced are interesting to me.

I can see the frustration coming from the way they present as struggling with money but actually they have a very soft landing and a leg up.

The weight stuff is tricky because it is warping to hear to very small women say how big or fat they are or were. I more hate it when they describe each other that way rather than themselves as it seems like you're pulling in your sister to your disordered way of thinking.

Alfie's podcast was supremely boring, and I fail to understand how little he helps Jessie with the baby sleeping. Presenting him as very clever or interesting drives me mad. He is just so medicore as a comedian.
She's hardly a typical working mum struggling to balance shift work, childcare and running a household 😅
Of course they can talk about grief but when they do, like with so many things, it's always as though it's something else that makes them special and sets them apart from boring, ordinary folk and like nobody else could possibly understand.

Re describing each other as bigger actresses, I was actually quite surprised in the latest podcast when Bebe said it was ‘inaccurate’ for Jessie to be described as chubby/ a bigger actress. they did obvs go on later about most actresses being narrow and naturally thin but I found the fact that Bebe originally took objection to Jessie describing herself as chubby interesting because that’s never happened before

Reactions: 4
She's hardly a typical working mum struggling to balance shift work, childcare and running a household 😅
Of course they can talk about grief but when they do, like with so many things, it's always as though it's something else that makes them special and sets them apart from boring, ordinary folk and like nobody else could possibly understand.
I get it, she isn't a shift worker and has a lot of family help. Absolutely a privilege. But she's an artist/performer which is why I'm interested to see her output in the first place so I don't expect her to be struggling with the same issues as a shift worker/parent would be.

If she only talked about how wonderful everything was and not the hard parts I feel we could give out that she was presenting perfection and that would also be an issue.

There's no right answer by the way, I think it's a universal problem of social media where we are interested in these people, can see where they are privileged but then also dislike if they only showed how great they have it.

Reactions: 4
I don't envy Jessie's parenting lifestyle at all. Co sleeping with 3 children for 7 years and having a relationship with a giant man child, sounds like hell. Actual hell.

I do however like that her house always looks like a chaotic tit hole which is far more relatable for the majority of parents. 🙋

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.