Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more I listen to the pod the more unlikeable they are, but will probably still hate listen.

According to companies house Bebe’s full name is Elizabeth Mary Lloyd and Jessie’s is Jessica Alice Cave Lloyd; Cave seems to be a forename?
I think Cave is their mother’s maiden name. Can’t remember how I know that!

Alfie’s podcast is really bad. He’s incredibly boring and charmless. I’m no fan of his stand-up, but at least that’s practised and honed. Left to his own devices to drone into a microphone with no audience feedback is not good for him at all.

Reactions: 4
I have to agree, I've tried to watch Alfie's podcast but I can't get through it.. I've booked tickets to Bebe and Alfie's WIP show though so I'm looking forward to seeing what material they both have! And hope Alfie refrains from talking about wanting to sleep with Bebe 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Did you always know her as Bebe? Never Elizabeth?
I'm keen to know more now. Did she have an internship or something along those lines.

Companies house is slowly becoming my favourite site, given how you can find out things about famus to semi famous people and their own little companies and such.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I had some free time today so listened to (skipped a lot) both of Alfie's podcast but boy were they dull. He did a really long (and unfunny) anecdote about playing Snakes and Ladders which served no purpose. The best part was when I discovered he could do a Gordon Ramsey impression. Other than that it was long, tiresome and even Alfie sounded bored!

I had some free time today so listened to (skipped a lot) both of Alfie's podcast but boy were they dull. He did a really long (and unfunny) anecdote about playing Snakes and Ladders which served no purpose. The best part was when I discovered he could do a Gordon Ramsey impression. Other than that it was long, tiresome and even Alfie sounded bored!
This does not surprise me. I saw a clip he’d posted to Instagram and it was mind numbing… He just uses a tone of voice that suggests he’s so very important and under pressure to share his extreme wit and intelligence to the world but he’s actually saying nothing and not being funny at all. So arrogant of him to think he’s interesting enough to do a podcast with no premise or guests?! It’s actually mind blowing.

It’s also so strange to me that Jessie and Bebe make comments about the number of podcasts out there and their uncertainty about the draw of theirs but Jessie seems to have complete confidence in Alfie’s bland offering.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have to agree, I've tried to watch Alfie's podcast but I can't get through it.. I've booked tickets to Bebe and Alfie's WIP show though so I'm looking forward to seeing what material they both have! And hope Alfie refrains from talking about wanting to sleep with Bebe 🤢
Oo please do report back! I’d like to see Bebe and am in London during one of her December shows but don’t think I could bear to withstand Alfie.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Did anyone else in here watch Alfie's Twitch streams, when he made them?
My partner did for a bit. They were… weird. Can’t really remember much about it apart from Jessie bigging it up, and them being underwhelming. They seemed kind of pointless, and his humour seemed to be that he’s depressed. What did you think?

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else in here watch Alfie's Twitch streams, when he made them?
I watched about 20 mins of two of them. One time he talked about art and books he had read, another time about political correctness. He seemed to dislike his commentators and spoke ignorantly on northern ireland. And complaining about how he was reduced to doing Twitch.

Similar to now how he is doing a podcast and constantly says "here is an Instagram story about my podcast because the algorithm says I need to do one" or "here is a pinned comment on my YouTube because apparently its required". Like trying to stay above doing all these small publicity things but....still doing them. It's old now.

I’m listening to the latest podcast (am at around the 22 min mark) and am truly baffled. They can talk about grief all they like, that’s completely their right but I’m just so confused ?

They genuinely seem to think that they’re the only people to have experienced premature death or that it’s so extremely uncommon that it sets them apart from most people. When, in reality, I’d say the majority of people have, or at least 40%. they really have an inability to see past themselves which is q concerning

Reactions: 9
I’m listening to the latest podcast (am at around the 22 min mark) and am truly baffled. They can talk about grief all they like, that’s completely their right but I’m just so confused ?

They genuinely seem to think that they’re the only people to have experienced premature death or that it’s so extremely uncommon that it sets them apart from most people. When, in reality, I’d say the majority of people have, or at least 40%. they really have an inability to see past themselves which is q concerning

I have to agree! It's just not as uncommon as they think and I just wish they'd even research or ask people around them before speaking about things in a certain way. Though I think everyone around them probably just hypes them up and eggs them on without giving any real, constructive feedback. Saying that, their podcast is miles more entertaining than BGW or Alfie's 😅

What concerns me is Jessie's obliviousness to how bad Alfie sounds as a dad and partner. The things she thinks are funny (him saying 'well you wanted 3 kids') when she asks for help is crazy. I'd have left him by now! Bebe does seem to see it's absolutely ridiculous what Jessie accepts, but again default mode is saying her 2 cents then back to bigging her up and telling her its OK and normal. She treads carefully with some of Jessie's opinions and tries not to come across as judgy (kids watching friends, Alfie' being an ARSE at times and slightly questionable opinions on drag Queens) but I think she has her head screwed on more than Jessie when it comes to anything outside of work and career.

Reactions: 8
A man refusing to do his own baby's nappies is a useless sod. I turned the podcast off then, I think I'm done with it as I hate hearing what she's settling for.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A man refusing to do his own baby's nappies is a useless sod. I turned the podcast off then, I think I'm done with it as I hate hearing what she's settling for.
When Jessie was sick no less! I’m very nearly done but can’t seem to help being drawn in to hear whatever bizarre view point they will share next… Yes Jessie, it’s feminist to do everything yourself without proper help from your partner, bang on 🙄

• Sad
I feel every podcast we learn more terrible things about Alfie, but the most surprising element we learn is how much crap Jessie is prepared to put up with. "You wanted 3 kids" is said up to 5 times a day is not a get out clause of being an ignorant twit!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.