Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's no right answer by the way, I think it's a universal problem of social media where we are interested in these people, can see where they are privileged but then also dislike if they only showed how great they have it.
I agree that they shouldn’t be expected to paint their experiences as if they are all roses - some of the stuff they have touched on experiencing as actresses is horrendous and I think it’s really positive of them to share that realistic view.

Same goes for the rejection they experience but there should be a bit of a balance… I mean Jessie doesn’t seem to acknowledge that the reason she got to write a novel (and has a deal to write a second) is because she has some level of fame…It’s a huge luxury that she gets to stay at home and write for a living, others with far greater talent than her just wouldn’t have the opportunity, and so a level of acknowledgement of that would be nice and would fit more with the frank and honest persona of Jessie’s most of us were drawn to in the first place.

I guess they remind me of lots of women I know and probably to some extent myself and I’d just love them to stop being so down on themselves but also accept that they aren’t owed the world and are very very lucky. Does anyone else have women close to them who harbour a man like Alfie? Women with an extra man child who they hold on a pedestal… It’s so archaic and irritating yet so common!!

Reactions: 6
Yes the reason I was drawn to this thread is because I hated seeing how Alfie made her think she was being overly neurotic by being upset that he would routinely not come home when he said he would and stayed out drinking. While she looked after the kids and did work. The 'no fun' persona given to people who take responsibility seriously and don't drink much is lazy and a cop out.

And I dislike how her success is buoying him.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone else have women close to them who harbour a man like Alfie? Women with an extra man child who they hold on a pedestal… It’s so archaic and irritating yet so common!!
YES. I know SO many women like this and it’s infuriating. I definitely am guilty of always thinking my women friends deserve better men than they have but I do look at a lot of their man-child husbands/boyfriends and wonder why they’re settling for them.
The same is true of Jessie and Alfie. She thinks he’s wonderful but he’s so clearly the sort of tosser you’re supposed to age out of dating in your late 20s and look back on with a shudder. I can’t believe she’s chained herself to him with 3 kids. Poor girl can’t think much of herself to do that.

Reactions: 14
YES. I know SO many women like this and it’s infuriating. I definitely am guilty of always thinking my women friends deserve better men than they have but I do look at a lot of their man-child husbands/boyfriends and wonder why they’re settling for them.
The same is true of Jessie and Alfie. She thinks he’s wonderful but he’s so clearly the sort of tosser you’re supposed to age out of dating in your late 20s and look back on with a shudder. I can’t believe she’s chained herself to him with 3 kids. Poor girl can’t think much of herself to do that.
I feel like with them, apart from the gravitational pull of Alfie fathering her children, there's the cache of being with someone like him. What I mean is, he has this whole player-womaniser-manslut reputation (🤢) and being the girl he's chosen to be with, out of all girls, must be intoxicating for Jessie. It'd probably be hard to give that up and let another girl settle down with him. I think of it as the Annette Bening Effect 😂 people will always think there must be something unique and magnetic about you if you're the only one who can get him to settle down and commit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree that they shouldn’t be expected to paint their experiences as if they are all roses - some of the stuff they have touched on experiencing as actresses is horrendous and I think it’s really positive of them to share that realistic view.
It is good that they shine a light on all that stuff- so many actresses gloss over it and I think I'd thought things had changed a lot more than they obviously have. I just wish they were a bit more rebellious against it. Instead they've obviously internalised it and still seek that validation whilst perpetuating the same horrendous attitudes (given how much they talk about weight and their own and other women's appearances).

I know that might not be realistic or fair to expect them to take that role, and I don't expect it as such, but I can't help wishing they would.

I also can't help wondering if it is just them being honest where no other actresses are, or are they just stuck in an outdated mentality, projecting their own insecurities and aren't realising that things have changed/are changing and that they're allowed to move on too? There's no way of knowing of course without having lived their experiences.

• Heart
The way Jessie talks about her relationship and the pessimistic view she has of it really makes me sad for her. Must be horrible having 3 kids with someone and claiming you want to grow old with them and be together forever whilst also in the same breath claiming that its 'extremely likely' that you're gonna break up and sleep with other people at some point.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The way Jessie talks about her relationship and the pessimistic view she has of it really makes me sad for her. Must be horrible having 3 kids with someone and claiming you want to grow old with them and be together forever whilst also in the same breath claiming that its 'extremely likely' that you're gonna break up and sleep with other people at some point.
I personally don't think I'd ever feel secure with a guy like him. The way Jessie's talked in the past about knowing Alfie was "enjoying his freedom" and having a great time sleeping around during their break-up. Like he didn't waste any time. I know Jessie dated someone while they were broken up but it's like, if you don't want to respect the relationship you guys had at least respect her as the mother of your kids. Who knows how they split childcare then but while he's out with other women Jessie is at home looking after his kids 🙄😐

Jessie definitely seems to joke about their relationship and the type of guy he is as a defence mechanism but I don't know how it doesn't drive her crazy inside. That thing she did during her Sunrise gigs where she'd ask if anyone has hooked up with Alfie and sometimes audience members put their hands up? That would be devastating, seriously. And the whole "one night stand for a baby" deal. If they're serious about that it's just so miserable, especially considering how they got together in the first place. And if Alfie really was thwarted by covid then is it just hanging over them that he's allowed to 'cash in' one day? 😒😕🤢

Reactions: 5
I saw Sunrise twice and she asked both times. No one ever put their hands up thankfully. If anyone in here has slept with alfie then they need to get an STI check pronto. Love Jessie but asking that question would only ever lead to misery.

Reactions: 2
Might have to stop listening I can’t really get on board with Bebe supposedly being funny

Reactions: 4
Might be wrong but didn't someone on her earlier say they went to state school with Bebe and she only went to private school for secondary or sixth form? I feel like it's much more likely that if the grandparents were to chip in for private education they'd do it when the kids were older? I feel like if they were getting financial assistance from parents at this stage, surely it would be for a deposit for a house? Idk, this is all just speculation but the notion of her 4 and 6 year old going to prep school just seems illogical when they're still renting.
Yeah I did, She only transferred to Westminster after may contain nuts and she was bullied pretty bad. So maybe yr 10 onwards. Although her attitude and treatment of others didn’t help make people nice to her

Reactions: 1
Who has listened to today's podcast? Jessie alarmed me by saying that Alfie can't be arsed to get up in the night if he needs a piss so he goes in a canteen and then he drinks water from it in the morning? Actual neanderthal behaviour displayed. Instant red card from me.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Who has listened to today's podcast? Jessie alarmed me by saying that Alfie can't be arsed to get up in the night if he needs a piss so he goes in a canteen and then he drinks water from it in the morning? Actual neanderthal behaviour displayed. Instant red card from me.
Yes I just listened and couldn't believe it! Have some respect for the people you live with let alone yourself. So gross and juvenile, bleurgh!

Reactions: 1
I was surprised she said she can’t do second hand considering she looks like she rolled round in a jumble sale

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I find both Bebe and Jessie can be quite misogynistic? They often sing the praises of the men in their lives or celebrities, but often speak disparagingly about women? Maybe just me

Reactions: 11
Jessie definitely seems to joke about their relationship and the type of guy he is as a defence mechanism but I don't know how it doesn't drive her crazy inside. That thing she did during her Sunrise gigs where she'd ask if anyone has hooked up with Alfie and sometimes audience members put their hands up? That would be devastating, seriously. And the whole "one night stand for a baby" deal.
She’s the physical embodiment of a pick me girl. Pretending to be cool with that man child constantly dangling the threat of walking out on her and the children. Putting up with anything just to please him.

I find both Bebe and Jessie can be quite misogynistic? They often sing the praises of the men in their lives or celebrities, but often speak disparagingly about women? Maybe just me
This is also A1 pick me girl behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love the expression 'pick me girl'. We all know he would never have picked her if she hadn't got preggo after a one off shag. (then based her whole career around this experience).

The more I listen to the pod the more unlikeable they are, but will probably still hate listen.

According to companies house Bebe’s full name is Elizabeth Mary Lloyd and Jessie’s is Jessica Alice Cave Lloyd; Cave seems to be a forename?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.