Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apart from having a bit part on Harry Potter what has she done? Her and Alfie are on and off more times than a lightbulb. I wonder if their relationship was more stable whether they'd have three kids together at this point... Like others have said, they seem really privileged but seem to push against it to try and be relatable to the "lower classes". Bebe is only known because of Jessie. That can't help their weird relationship being in the shadow of your sister who even though had a crap part in Harry Potter has acted in a massive franchise. Did we ever find out how her brother died? As far as I am aware, he died at a railway but the rumour going around was he was train surfing but they've said that he wasn't train surfing.

In one of the podcasts, Jessie openly says Alfie wouldn’t be with her if it weren’t for the kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
In one of the podcasts, Jessie openly says Alfie wouldn’t be with her if it weren’t for the kids.
when did she say that? I know they originally got together because they fell in love after the whole one night stand and conceiving their eldest situation but I heard Alfie on Sindhu Vee and Stu Goldsmith’s podcast (really great podcast, I’m not a parent and it is a parenting podcast but I still love it) once say almost the opposite - that they’ve broken up despite having 2 kids together at that point so the fact that they’re together means that it isn’t just for the sake of the kids and that they actually love each other and aren’t settling or whatever. Found that quite sweet to be honest - that episode really changed my view of Alfie.

Reactions: 5
I get the impression that’s just one of those self deprecating things she says and maybe she worries about that because of how the relationship started but he seems to have wanted to be with her when they were apart I think they’re a lovely couple and hope they can settle now as a family which it seems they are doing. As much as they say some things about very triggery womens issues that I’d prefer a warning for I do appreciate the way they discuss grief so honestly and however Ben died it’s not for anyone to judge he died too young. Sorry lack of punctuation!

Reactions: 6
when did she say that? I know they originally got together because they fell in love after the whole one night stand and conceiving their eldest situation but I heard Alfie on Sindhu Vee and Stu Goldsmith’s podcast (really great podcast, I’m not a parent and it is a parenting podcast but I still love it) once say almost the opposite - that they’ve broken up despite having 2 kids together at that point so the fact that they’re together means that it isn’t just for the sake of the kids and that they actually love each other and aren’t settling or whatever. Found that quite sweet to be honest - that episode really changed my view of Alfie.
It was one of their podcasts together - I can’t remember which episode, I’m sorry! I may have misinterpreted it also, but it did seem pretty straight forward as what I said before.

She oozes privilege!

And let’s face it, to get a high profile acting gig when you’re really young you need to be privileged and have connections. It’s all about the nepotism in that industry.
Yep! She’s so privileged! I watch her buy the latest thing in awe!
it sucks because I used to love her, but now I really struggle with minor connected celebrities who think they’re above the rest of us 🤦‍♀️ ( who are all the while making money off our follows, but giving not much back in return).

Yep! She’s so privileged! I watch her buy the latest thing in awe!
it sucks because I used to love her, but now I really struggle with minor connected celebrities who think they’re above the rest of us 🤦‍♀️ ( who are all the while making money off our follows, but giving not much back in return).
I do always get the impression that the Cave sisters feel like the minor level of fame they have is owed to them.

Is anyone gonna read Jessie's book? I wasn't going to because I guess I fell for the marketing of it as a chick flick but since she said it's definitely not that I'm slightly intrigued. Worried I'll just hate it though.

Is anyone gonna read Jessie's book? I wasn't going to because I guess I fell for the marketing of it as a chick flick but since she said it's definitely not that I'm slightly intrigued. Worried I'll just hate it though.
I’ve preordered. I’ve really liked Jessie’s one woman shows and think she is a huge talent so I have reasonably high expectations but tbh even if I don’t love it I’m happy to support because I really like the content she puts out for free

Reactions: 9
it's definitely not light and fluffy "chick lit" (god i hate that term). it's very much about her relationship with bebe and her brother's death (thinly veiled as fiction but that's no bad thing). if you like her writing style generally you will like the writing in the book. very millennial, more like normal people or something like that. it made me cry a lot!

Reactions: 2
Blimey I've never heard so much unhealthy and triggering discussion of eating as in the latest episode. Fortunately I have never suffered from eating issues but I appreciate awareness of eating/weight is built into my life inescapably as a woman, and it could be really damaging for a lot of people

Reactions: 8
Blimey I've never heard so much unhealthy and triggering discussion of eating as in the latest episode. Fortunately I have never suffered from eating issues but I appreciate awareness of eating/weight is built into my life inescapably as a woman, and it could be really damaging for a lot of people
And then they say they have a healthy attitude to food 😒

Reactions: 5
I really like Jessie and will no doubt keep listening to the podcast, but I completely agree. I'm in my early/mid-thirties with now very robust self-esteem and a great relationship with food and diet stuff, but I found this episode difficult to listen to. The age difference between Jessie and Bebe also seems to make these kinds of conversations worse, somehow. I also have siblings significantly younger than me and can't imagine talking like that with them.

I don't really want to listen to the whole thing, but could someone sum up (maybe under a spoiler tag to not be triggering to people) what they said in the podcast?

Have always found the obsession with weight troublesome with Jessie because she is so tiny and doesn't seem to see that.

Reactions: 3
I agree they should content warning their podcasts as a lot of what they talk about can be veryyyy triggering. However I have to say, I find the honest food chat quite refreshing. Its taken me a long long time to have a good relationship with food but for me, that still involves calorie counting! I don’t care if some days I’m in a surplus, but I do always have an eye on it. I find everyone pretending they don’t care about what they eat and ‘oh yeah I just eat cake whenever I feel like it and it’s a total coincidence I’m incredibly thin’ just as damaging as people talking about restrictive eating. It’s kind of a taboo topic so it’s nice to have them addressing it now but, yes, it can be very unhealthy so I don’t know what would happen if their audience gets much bigger. I have to say I don’t get the impression they think their attitudes are healthy though, I think they very much acknowledge how fucked up they are because of diet culture and the entertainment industry.

That being said -it’s not even hard to stick a CW at the top of an episode or in the show notes? They have discussed ‘oh we should probably trigger warning this’ before so I’m not sure why they haven’t when it’s so easy and would help a lot of people.

Funnily I was listening to an old episode of Brett goldstein’s podcast the other day with Jessie on and she mentioned she is not naturally slim and has to work very very hard to maintain her size and only does so because of the nature of the industry she’s in. I don’t think we can overestimate how much that must have an effect! It does make me sad when she talks about being ‘fat’ when she did her second Harry Potter film as she was still tiny but I guess that’s show biz.

Reactions: 3
I don't really want to listen to the whole thing, but could someone sum up (maybe under a spoiler tag to not be triggering to people) what they said in the podcast?

Have always found the obsession with weight troublesome with Jessie because she is so tiny and doesn't seem to see that.

A lot of talk about bingeing, watching videos of other people bingeing on Youtube, talk about restricting what they eat because of their job, 'good food' 'bad food'

It is very much the type of food chat you might have with female friends but IMO this is way too indepth and is definitely problematic in terms of eating issues.

• Wow
There's a lot of talk on here about them being posh and from a privileged background but I never realised how posh their background actually is! Her grandfather was chief secretary to Hong Kong and the family is full of judges, lawyers and property developers. Jessie also went to a public school that currently charges £20,000 a year. Not the bohemian, artsy family of kooks Jessie wants us to think she comes from:LOL:
and Bebe went to Westminister school, one of poshest in the UK.

Did anyone notice the new podcast that was uploaded today? They posted about it on social media but then deleted the post and the youtube video too. I have already had the video opened though so I am watching it now, I wonder why they deleted it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Did anyone notice the new podcast that was uploaded today? They posted about it on social media but then deleted the post and the youtube video too. I have already had the video opened though so I am watching it now, I wonder why they deleted it.

I only managed to watch five minutes and skim a bit before they deleted it. I wonder why they didn’t want it up.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.