Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think Jessie has the most beautiful skin ever...? It is flawless in every single picture and video I've ever seen of her. Probably genetics, as she has beautiful hair too, but I'd love to know her skin care routine...
I think it helps that she doesn’t wear much makeup ( makeup in general can really trigger breakouts and cause a lot of skin issues because of sensitivity). I think the majority is genetics ( Bebe doesn’t have the same dewy look, but having seen pictures of the mother younger. Jessie takes after her more.) as Jessie had lovely skin years ago ( very even and clear).

I’m a big fan and find Jessie so compelling but they are very clearly breaking lockdown rules lol
I think they might mentally excuse it by thinking ‘oh well we’ve all had covid anyway so we can’t catch it again’. I think due to the perhaps stifling nature of being a mother to young children during covid times, Jessie needs the interaction and they make mental allowances for rule breaking. Bebe could easily take part in the podcast via video call.

( however plenty of families are following the rules even if is a strain)

Does anyone else think Jessie has the most beautiful skin ever...? It is flawless in every single picture and video I've ever seen of her. Probably genetics, as she has beautiful hair too, but I'd love to know her skin care routine...
Also wanted to add I think if I recall correctly she wears spf 50 every day and minimal makeup which probably accounts for some of her shine, the rest being genetics.

I wear sunscreen any time I leave the house ( even if its just five minutes). It’s the best thing you can do for your skin next to drinking water till you feel fit to burst.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think it helps that she doesn’t wear much makeup ( makeup in general can really trigger breakouts and cause a lot of skin issues because of sensitivity). I think the majority is genetics ( Bebe doesn’t have the same dewy look, but having seen pictures of the mother younger. Jessie takes after her more.) as Jessie had lovely skin years ago ( very even and clear).

I think they might mentally excuse it by thinking ‘oh well we’ve all had covid anyway so we can’t catch it again’. I think due to the perhaps stifling nature of being a mother to young children during covid times, Jessie needs the interaction and they make mental allowances for rule breaking. Bebe could easily take part in the podcast via video call.

( however plenty of families are following the rules even if is a strain)

Also wanted to add I think if I recall correctly she wears spf 50 every day and minimal makeup which probably accounts for some of her shine, the rest being genetics.

I wear sunscreen any time I leave the house ( even if its just five minutes). It’s the best thing you can do for your skin next to drinking water till you feel fit to burst.
I think in one of the early podcasts they were talking about this and said she's pretty neurotic about her skin care regime as well. A lot of it has to be genetics though.

Reactions: 2
Any predictions for what they’ll talk about in the new podcast coming out tomorrow?

in terms of addressing the lockdown breach I see it going one of two ways.
1. Becoming super defensive and self righteous, reprimanding ‘trolls’ online and the daily Mail for ‘making up stories’ without knowing the ‘whole truth’, basically doubling down on the lie that they live together to the extent that they start to believe it themselves. Victimising themselves, villainising anyone that has concerns about them breaking the rules.

2. completely ignoring the issue, no mention of it at all

Last edited:
I find her very intriguing. I like her art, I do sort of look at her feed and think about how bonkers her life appears to be !

Reactions: 3
I Think I can relate to Bebe a lot I believe there is age gap is 10 years that the same as me and my oldest sister although they seem to be fairly close a lot of what she says about have a sibling that much older then you is true

I quite enjoyed that podcast. Bebe was marginally less annoying than usual and despite the mention of calorie counting it didn't seem to have the usual level of toxicity. I'm confused as to why they have such strong feelings against therapy though.

Also do you think jessie actually tries not to move her face so she doesn't get wrinkles? Now that she's said it I can't help noticing that even when she's being quite animated her eyebrows don't really move. It's a bit odd that someone who tries to come across as so kooky and unconventional is so uptight about taking care of her face. But then she does seem quite uptight in general, like her personality is so at odds with her image.

Reactions: 7
I like their podcast although I'm a few episodes behind.
Bebe is beautiful though a bit head in the clouds I think. Also seems to be a bit stagey at times too.
Jessie is totally consumed in her quirky mum act now, trying to balance the tough act of being a mother of three, as well as havign the acting career going.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been following Jessie’s work for a while. I’ve got some doodles and went to her Sunset show a couple of years ago, which was incredible.

Some bits of the podcast I’ve loved and found hilarious. I like Bebe and enjoy some of her takes on things. I don’t like how preachy Jessie can be to Bebe, but I guess that’s their sibling dynamic.

I have found the regular discussion about dieting/food restriction a bit uncomfortable. It’s just not something I like hearing about due to my own history.

It’s a shame about the manipulation of the covid bubbling rules. It leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when I’m not seeing family/friends, juggling parenting and have been working on the frontline throughout this year.

• Heart
I'm glad these two have a thread! I have met them a few times through work and I need to be very cautious with how much I share, but I am always curious to see how they are perceived.

Something that winds me up a bit about their podcast is that they speak as though they're just saying what everyone is thinking. I don't think they realise how toxic and dysfunctional many of their beliefs are, or how steeped in privilege they both are.

Reactions: 11
I'm glad these two have a thread! I have met them a few times through work and I need to be very cautious with how much I share, but I am always curious to see how they are perceived.

Something that winds me up a bit about their podcast is that they speak as though they're just saying what everyone is thinking. I don't think they realise how toxic and dysfunctional many of their beliefs are, or how steeped in privilege they both are.

I feel like a lot of middle to upper class actors they’re just oblivious and sheltered from so much. They both seem very sweet and charming in different ways, but clueless in certain aspects. I can sense the dysfunction ( parents divorce obviously caused friction) and hope that they can grow and heal in the future ( it’s all a part of being human ect).

If 90% of your peers are also from money or have connections it becomes the norm. So they ( virtually every British actress) often get confrontational when this question is posed. I guess if everyone you know was either privately educated and had parents supporting them financially as they played at ‘struggling actress’ or got cast because they have cousin who is dating so and so ect ...the concept of anything else is too otherworldly ( literally).

( however doubtful that they would have got this far without the HP gig, Bebe is so entwined with Jessie it’s hard to imagine what her direction would have looked like without her sisters influence)

Practically every actress ( of this background) talks about struggling in the industry, ignoring that the foot they stuck through the door was due to family connections ( great uncles who work at the bbc or parents who have careers in the industry). Middle class artsy families are the number one origin of the bit part actresses who sometimes make it big time and give interviews about the ‘struggle of rejection’... ignoring the disadvantages of actors who have to put on a different accent because northern accents ect are not what the directors want.

That sounded ranty. It was a tad. Ooops. I just remember listening to the auditions segment thinking hmmmmm.

Not to clog up the thread with my garbled word sludge paragraphs but...

I do feel bad for how stressed Jessie seems. On the latest podcast she spoke about intrusive obsessive thoughts ( which is something I deal with and is very irksome), and I think she stretches herself thin, which isn’t hard considering she now has three young children.

Everyone has varying personal taste when it comes to comedy, I find Russell Kane detestable and excruciatingly bad for example... but there is a reason why Alfie remains fairly stagnant.

His comedy feels very much entwined with the psyche of a rebellious, confrontational teenage boy. Which he probably was and his comedy never really matured or progressed ( beyond the I’m the smartest man in this room, I’ll talk very slowly so you know I’m pondering)

I remember Alfie popping up on the internet every now and then ...and was always left wondering why they were still pushing him.

Again... personal taste but Jessie is ...from my perspective far funnier in the perfect self observational, neurotic way. She is very good at performing the type of inner dialogue that can run rampant in your mind.

Reactions: 10
I have been listening to their podcast, I quite enjoy it. I live alone so it's nice to hear other female voices just having a friendly chat about nothing in particular :LOL:
I do wonder how they keep it all going though - 3 kids under 10! And although they both work I can't imagine they make millions, although Jessie does a few Instagram ads now which I don't begrudge her at all.

I dont know how they were making enough to live in London. I think Bebe lives with their mum? But neither Jessie or Alfie seem to be that successful in their respective careers. I do think it's nice to hear from smaller, 'struggling' actresses though rather than those who have already 'made it' and who are in the midst of all the glitz and glamour. It's not a perspective you hear very often and it's interesting to hear what it's like behind the scenes with auditions and supporting artist work and all that.
I have been listening to their podcast, I quite enjoy it. I live alone so it's nice to hear other female voices just having a friendly chat about nothing in particular :LOL:
I do wonder how they keep it all going though - 3 kids under 10! And although they both work I can't imagine they make millions, although Jessie does a few Instagram ads now which I don't begrudge her at all.

Reactions: 4
I dont know how they were making enough to live in London. I think Bebe lives with their mum? But neither Jessie or Alfie seem to be that successful in their respective careers. I do think it's nice to hear from smaller, 'struggling' actresses though rather than those who have already 'made it' and who are in the midst of all the glitz and glamour. It's not a perspective you hear very often and it's interesting to hear what it's like behind the scenes with auditions and supporting artist work and all that.
i think Jessie makes more than you’d think from her doodles. back when her and Alfie were broken up she lived a flat in the barbican which is VERY expensive. She’s definitely the breadwinner anyway.

also remember his parents are jan ravens from spitting image and steve brown who is a successful composer, so i expect there’s some family support there too.

i think Jessie makes more than you’d think from her doodles. back when her and Alfie were broken up she lived a flat in the barbican which is VERY expensive. She’s definitely the breadwinner anyway.

also remember his parents are jan ravens from spitting image and steve brown who is a successful composer, so i expect there’s some family support there too.
Thank you for mentioning this. Alfie only has a career because of his Mother, of which he should be grateful has enough fame to boost him. (in my opinion even if it would irk him). His father is also very successful in his own field.

I’m doubtful they would see the grandchildren living in a damp squalid conditions.

I think they probably just feel like renting at such high prices ( just to stay in London) instead of saving up to buy is a waste ( I don’t personally see renting as worthless ...I just sympathise slightly with people with extortionate rent).

It's so bizarre that in the last year, Jessie, Jan Ravens and Steve Brown have all separately appeared on Pointless Celebrities and won 🏆🏆🏆 I feel like Alfie or Bebe need to go on and win to continue the family's dominance.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say Alfie only has a career because of his mum. Of course having a parent in the industry is a massive privilege, but he's also a very good comic in his own right.

Alfie may not be the most likeable person, but he's undoubtedly talented and was doing well on the touring circuit pre lockdown. Both he and Jessie are great performers and writers!

Their relationship, however, seems toxic AF. I also think people sometimes see Jessie through rose tinted spectacles. They're like "Alfie is sooo horrible! She deserves better!", But Jessie knows exactly what Alfie is like, they seem to share the same sense of humour, and she has actively pursued him even after he's ended things or he's started relationships with other women.

I’m sure Jessie makes a decent monthly income through Patreon as well. I think it’s a con personally, but some people are better at Patreon than others when it comes to actually giving something back to their backers.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say Alfie only has a career because of his mum. Of course having a parent in the industry is a massive privilege, but he's also a very good comic in his own right.

Alfie may not be the most likeable person, but he's undoubtedly talented and was doing well on the touring circuit pre lockdown. Both he and Jessie are great performers and writers!

Their relationship, however, seems toxic AF. I also think people sometimes see Jessie through rose tinted spectacles. They're like "Alfie is sooo horrible! She deserves better!", But Jessie knows exactly what Alfie is like, they seem to share the same sense of humour, and she has actively pursued him even after he's ended things or he's started relationships with other women.

I simply meant in the ‘doubtful he would have been so enamoured with the life of a comedian’ without his mother and her circle being an influence. The amount of interviews that mention his mother are too many to count.

I may or may have been harsh 😅 because one of his sketches that made it to tv irks me. I know many comedians repeat material, and maybe I noticed him when he was a little stale (few years back) and that impression stuck with me. That and the whole Bebe schtick ( which I know Jessie spearheads often on podcasts).

He is leaps above Horatio.

I still think he would make a better deadpan comedic commentator~ instead of a stand up, Unless his material has gotten better since I last observed. His twitch streaming ( ignoring the name dropping) isn’t too bad.

And yes...I think Jessie seeks it out (whilst being honest that she is a pessimist and thinks her relationship will end). Maybe the fact that they drift from each other but always end up back together is calming for her.

If she was with someone considerably more successful and busy with work... would that make her feel less secure? The dynamic is s mess but they still manage with two children and a newborn in a pandemic.

I’m sure Jessie makes a decent monthly income through Patreon as well. I think it’s a con personally, but some people are better at Patreon than others when it comes to actually giving something back to their backers.
jessie gave out monthly prints for a while but they’ve stopped that because it was costing her so much more!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.