Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting, I had no idea about Alfie's parents. I guess they're never really gonna struggle that much then. Even so, their lifestyle seems incredibly chaotic to be raising three children in. I guess it works for them though.

Also, lol at Bebe incorrectly correcting Jessie's grammar again with total confidence and sense of superiority. (It's Tenn and me not Tenn and I.)

Reactions: 5
Interesting, I had no idea about Alfie's parents. I guess they're never really gonna struggle that much then. Even so, their lifestyle seems incredibly chaotic to be raising three children in. I guess it works for them though.

Also, lol at Bebe incorrectly correcting Jessie's grammar again with total confidence and sense of superiority. (It's Tenn and me not Tenn and I.)
I think 'struggle' means something else to people from middle or upper-class families...I don't think it is as bad as they make it sound otherwise surely Alfie would have to get a regular job to support the family?

Horatio is from a very rich family too. Firstly, he is from Lewes which is very posh and his dad is some fancy travel business person. I don't think they can really be in a support bubble with Horatio? I thought you could only be in a support bubble with people who live alone?

Reactions: 4
Fairly unsurprising that Bebe is a big fan of Lena Dunham.

Dunham has ridiculously elite artsy parents who encouraged dysfunction in the name of creativity. She had a multi million book deal by her mid 20s, every opportunity you could ask for and still couldn’t stop her self absorbed self from talking 💩 ...she goes beyond problematic. ( side note it probably was pretty jarring to have Carroll Dunham as a Dad. His art is ...well you can see for yourself)

So Bebe thinking that Lena has had such a hard time and it is underserved...I’m just going to hope its just immaturity.

( that being said I think they both looked very cute and Jessie seems a lot more grounded so maybe going back to work balances her out more)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Horatio is from a very rich family too. Firstly, he is from Lewes which is very posh and his dad is some fancy travel business person. I don't think they can really be in a support bubble with Horatio? I thought you could only be in a support bubble with people who live alone?
Yeah you can bubble up with a whole other household but that seems unlikely in this case given that he lives with three other guys who no doubt each have their own families that they're in contact with.

Reactions: 2
I will share one little tidbit. I first met Bebe in Edinburgh the year Jessie was doing "I Loved Her" and Bebe was her flyerer. My friend and I stopped to talk to her (they knew each other) and I complimented her outfit and Bebe said that Jessie made her wear it and that Jessie buys and "forces" Bebe and their mum to wear "quirky" clothes in public so she can talk about how "quirky and weird" the family is.

By that brief conversation I got the impression that Jessie is very very controlling of how she is perceived and Bebe seemed a bit pissed off that she was flyering in this polkadot top with patterned leggins. I think it's telling when Jessie seems annoyed when Bebe wears flattering clothes that that image of Bebe doesn't fit into Jessie's ideal of what she wants the Cave family to look like or be.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I will share one little tidbit. I first met Bebe in Edinburgh the year Jessie was doing "I Loved Her" and Bebe was her flyerer. My friend and I stopped to talk to her (they knew each other) and I complimented her outfit and Bebe said that Jessie made her wear it and that Jessie buys and "forces" Bebe and their mum to wear "quirky" clothes in public so she can talk about how "quirky and weird" the family is.

By that brief conversation I got the impression that Jessie is very very controlling of how she is perceived and Bebe seemed a bit pissed off that she was flyering in this polkadot top with patterned leggins. I think it's telling when Jessie seems annoyed when Bebe wears flattering clothes that that image of Bebe doesn't fit into Jessie's ideal of what she wants the Cave family look to be.
Interesting. Maybe Bebe should have just changed her clothes then? :D I have two older sisters, and there is no way they could force me to wear something I wouldn't want to. Maybe Jessie saw it as wearing a costume.

By that brief conversation I got the impression that Jessie is very very controlling of how she is perceived and Bebe seemed a bit pissed off that she was flyering in this polkadot top with patterned leggins. I think it's telling when Jessie seems annoyed when Bebe wears flattering clothes that that image of Bebe doesn't fit into Jessie's ideal of what she wants the Cave family to look like or be.
I can remember on the podcast that they seemed to argue ( Bebe would get tearful) when Bebe was wearing clothes that seemed more her style (Bardot tops ect).

Considering the age gap and how Bebe was often in Jessie’s skits from a young age ( dressed up similar to Jessie), I can definitely see how the dynamic could be a little unbalanced.

Bebe despite being of the demographic that is about Instagram exposure seems to dislike being overly active there ( Jessie probably recognised that Instagram or twitter increases interaction / viewership).

I think the control thing is perhaps her emotional response to the past.

I can remember on the podcast that they seemed to argue ( Bebe would get tearful) when Bebe was wearing clothes that seemed more her style (Bardot tops ect).

Flicking through her insta I swear I can see clothes that Bebe has worn on the podcast that Jessie has worn years ago

Considering the age gap and how Bebe was often in Jessie’s skits from a young age ( dressed up similar to Jessie), I can definitely see how the dynamic could be a little unbalanced.

Bebe despite being of the demographic that is about Instagram exposure seems to dislike being overly active there ( Jessie probably recognised that Instagram or twitter increases interaction / viewership).

I think the control thing is perhaps her emotional response to the past.

Last edited:
They're 10 years apart right? It's quite weird for someone to argue with a sibling like they do when your age gap is so wide isn't it?

Reactions: 4
They're 10 years apart right? It's quite weird for someone to argue with a sibling like they do when your age gap is so wide isn't it?
There’s ten years between me and my sibling and we’re like two only children (which is great!). We are two different generations to be honest. We never had to compete for anything and we never argue.

Maybe it’s a sister thing; I have a brother.

Horatio is from a very rich family too.
I have no idea who Horatio is (I’m guessing it’s Bebe’s boyfriend) but it’s impossible to be an English boy called Horatio and not be stinking rich 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
At one point Alfie was working as an Uber driver as well as doing comedy. I don’t know if he still does.

I feel terrible saying this, but there’s something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. She’s in such a privileged position and she complains a lot. Her refusal to interact with anyone out side of her ‘class’ makes it hard to connect with her. I’m kinda getting over the whole ‘I’m a celebrity and you’re not so therefore not worthy of my time’ thing she has going. I feel like a massive witch saying that.

Reactions: 11
I feel terrible saying this, but there’s something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. She’s in such a privileged position and she complains a lot. Her refusal to interact with anyone out side of her ‘class’ makes it hard to connect with her. I’m kinda getting over the whole ‘I’m a celebrity and you’re not so therefore not worthy of my time’ thing she has going. I feel like a massive witch saying that.
She does give off that vibe. I think I find it kind of fascinating though because she's so stuck between the celebrity world and the 'normal' world. Like she's not really famous in mainstream media other than for a small role in Harry Potter but her entire social circle seems to consist of C-listers who are more famous than her and whose careers are taking off in different areas of showbiz. I find it really interesting to watch her deal with that dynamic but I also think the 'struggle' makes her more relatable somehow, despite her obvious privilege.

Does anyone else feel like they admire several questionable people? I am not sure if they are trying to be a 'devil's advocate' but it almost seems like they want to be really 'anti-woke' lol you know the whole talking about binging, diets and looking fat or whatever... and then they like Lena Dunham, Woody Allen (aka child abuser) and several other celebs who are really not people who we should look up to.

I have been to several of their shows but every time I watch the podcast now it is clear to me that their views really don't align with mine and it will definitely affect my opinion of any of their future shows. You cannot really separate them as artists and as people since their art is so personal whether that is the podcast or a stand-up show...I mean I have no idea who is in this thread so I might be alone with this opinion!

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else feel like they admire several questionable people? I am not sure if they are trying to be a 'devil's advocate' but it almost seems like they want to be really 'anti-woke' lol you know the whole talking about binging, diets and looking fat or whatever... and then they like Lena Dunham, Woody Allen (aka child abuser) and several other celebs who are really not people who we should look up to.

I have been to several of their shows but every time I watch the podcast now it is clear to me that their views really don't align with mine and it will definitely affect my opinion of any of their future shows. You cannot really separate them as artists and as people since their art is so personal whether that is the podcast or a stand-up show...I mean I have no idea who is in this thread so I might be alone with this opinion!
I really like Jessie and Bebe but yes this has bothered me too! More so with Bebe to be honest and I have really complicated thoughts about separating the art from the artist (I still think Lena Dunham’s work is brilliant and love some woody Allen films) but it’s odd that for all Bebe’s intellectualising, she’s never interrogated that? And when she said she was a massive Red Scare podcast fan, I was like woahhh red flag (their whole thing is anti-woke liberalism). I take it more as naivety than anything else though

I really like them both and don’t agree they give off a celebs only vibe at all but I don’t know that I would want to be friends with them IRL.

Bebe is definitely gives off ~I’m a cool girl~ vibes. As in might like topics/individuals that are not so woke and love a dip into pseudo intellectualism...and views it as giving her more appeal ( to edgy bois even if this something she would yell isn’t the case).

A lot of supposedly liberal men are doing the ‘everyone is so sensitive these days !!! why can’t I say piss poor jokes :(‘ bit

Also the shrugging way of admitting to liking certain individuals just gives the impression that if it doesn’t involve them they don’t care. Self absorbed.

Even if an individual hasn’t personally harmed me, I’m not going to boom box my love for them and start the separate the artist babes! 💩

Reactions: 10
There's a lot of talk on here about them being posh and from a privileged background but I never realised how posh their background actually is! Her grandfather was chief secretary to Hong Kong and the family is full of judges, lawyers and property developers. Jessie also went to a public school that currently charges £20,000 a year. Not the bohemian, artsy family of kooks Jessie wants us to think she comes from:LOL:

Reactions: 16
There's a lot of talk on here about them being posh and from a privileged background but I never realised how posh their background actually is! Her grandfather was chief secretary to Hong Kong and the family is full of judges, lawyers and property developers. Jessie also went to a public school that currently charges £20,000 a year. Not the bohemian, artsy family of kooks Jessie wants us to think she comes from:LOL:
To be fair, I think I read somewhere that Jessie won a scholarship to the school.

Apart from having a bit part on Harry Potter what has she done? Her and Alfie are on and off more times than a lightbulb. I wonder if their relationship was more stable whether they'd have three kids together at this point... Like others have said, they seem really privileged but seem to push against it to try and be relatable to the "lower classes". Bebe is only known because of Jessie. That can't help their weird relationship being in the shadow of your sister who even though had a crap part in Harry Potter has acted in a massive franchise. Did we ever find out how her brother died? As far as I am aware, he died at a railway but the rumour going around was he was train surfing but they've said that he wasn't train surfing.

Apart from having a bit part on Harry Potter what has she done? Her and Alfie are on and off more times than a lightbulb. I wonder if their relationship was more stable whether they'd have three kids together at this point... Like others have said, they seem really privileged but seem to push against it to try and be relatable to the "lower classes". Bebe is only known because of Jessie. That can't help their weird relationship being in the shadow of your sister who even though had a crap part in Harry Potter has acted in a massive franchise. Did we ever find out how her brother died? As far as I am aware, he died at a railway but the rumour going around was he was train surfing but they've said that he wasn't train surfing.

There was an inquest which said he died after he climbed on top of a freight train and was electrocuted by cables.

• Sad
She oozes privilege!

And let’s face it, to get a high profile acting gig when you’re really young you need to be privileged and have connections. It’s all about the nepotism in that industry.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.