Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like them and enjoy the podcast and Jessie’s artwork but I could’ve used some trigger warnings at points and think they should swerve the topic of weight and food altogether as Jessie clearly has massive issues there and they’re not really in a position to influence anyone about eating, things like just surviving on nuts are seen as the norm

Reactions: 6
Wow, just seen Jessie’s response on instagram.

Anyone that listens to their podcast knows that Bebe and their mother don’t live with Jessie and Alfie, they talk about Bebe ‘coming over’ and mention things that just make it clear that they don’t see each other every day and definitely don’t live together.

It’s bizarre, you’d think that for a family that’s just had a frightening experience with Covid, they’d be more careful, especially after all the preaching they did over Christmas time and when the baby was ill. Didn’t they also mention having frontline doctors in the family?

Ridiculous that they’d break rules so blatantly and frequently and then try to cover up with a lie that anyone with half a brain could see through. They really do think they are above it all, complete hypocrites - respect for them has gone down several notches.

Reactions: 5
I think turning comments off on that post where Jessie explains the situation is a giveaway for being guilty of something.

If she’s living with other people, firstly how big is their house? Secondly, why hasn't this come up before? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed the first few episodes of their podcast, and have followed Jessie's stand-up and doodles for a while (even have one hanging in our hall), but I had to stop listening with all the weight chat. Felt way too triggering from an ED perspective. Think I've also had my fill of podcasts from thin white women with posh voices!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They definitely give off a 'the rules don't apply to us cos we're so quirky and special' vibe. But to be fair the house in Jessie's insta pictures does look different and bigger to her old apartment so they may well have all moved in with their mum during this current lockdown.
But you can tell they can't take criticism from the way Bebe has to bring up every negative comment they get and tell whoever left it to go duck themselves. So immature and insecure. She must be fuming now that people are starting to question them.

Na, they definitely don’t live together - they often talked about Bebe arriving just that morning or when she ‘came over’ the other day (and this has all been since the lockdown). I think even in the previous lockdowns before they’d moved (and before baby was born so the under 1 thing didn’t apply) they were also clearly breaking the rules. I just find the whole thing incredibly hypocritical after they urged people to stay safe and follow the rules etc when the baby was ill.

That being said, I do enjoy listening to Jessie and while I find some things that Alfie has said quite questionable, I would quite enjoy a podcast hosted by the two of them. The sister thing was fun to listen to for a while but it’s becoming quite bland now and I’m honestly a bit sick of listening to Bebe and would prefer a podcast without her tbh.

I think someone earlier said something about Bebe being quite knowledgeable and showing Jessie up but honestly I think it’s just a tone thing - Bebe says her takes with such confidence even when it’s complete BS and the self assuredness makes her come across as more well read etc when in reality she’s parroting truisms (but phrasing it in a way that makes it seem unique) or saying things that are blatantly incorrect but with such confidence that it goes unquestioned (eg when she said lactose was an enzyme not a sugar and called lactase the sugar and somehow tried to suggest that lactose has something to do with cow’s having 4 stomachs 🤦that was quite funny).

Jessie comes across as much more unsure of herself and less confident when she says things so it almost creates an illusion of cluelessness when in reality she’s just being more humble when voicing her takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Bebe’s ‘mm mm’ listening noise is very distracting for me.

I think they’ve been a bit daft not thinking through how it would look and panic-lying has made it worse. It’s a shame daily mail have latched onto Jessie recently really as I don’t think she or Bebe are able to handle the negativity/rejection side of their industry. It must be quite a thing to be constantly related back to Harry Potter but as a huge potter-head they’re sometimes very rude about the fans (and I’ve seen the random comments she gets on Instagram which are weird but you could just overlook).

Considering they’ve all been impacted by covid on how they earn their money I don’t blame them for trying out the podcasting but eg red handed and Louis Theroux have made it work at a distance. Had they done the podcast without YouTube no one would’ve had to know they were physically together (I’m not advocating breaking lockdown just saying). They possibly could’ve just explained it away rather than lie and say they live together and the bubble with the boyfriend doesn’t really fit.

Anyway I didn’t enjoy Alfie slagging off the comments left for the podcast either. The dynamic is all very weird and the making out he fancies Bebe thing is cringe though I’m sure they’d say it’s just a joke.

I understand they’re openly discussing their lives and that’s the point of the podcast but when Jessie just randomly interjects ‘I was r*ped’ there’s no consideration of how triggering this may be for listeners. Ditto with the food and weight issues.

Last edited:
The DM have latched onto Jessie recently haven’t they? I think it’s because they like to post that almost naked “just given birth” photo she posted on Instagram. I’m sure I’ve seen it two or three times. It’s pure clickbait for them.

They have run several stories about her since the baby yeah and continually call him by the name she first announced then changed. It’s kind of a weird fit for me I don’t think people who read it would be that interested they must just find it easy to lift stories and click bait them. I do think that’s not a nice place for anyone to be. I think perhaps because of the lack of earning potential for those in the arts nowadays she’s had to go on lorraine and do some adverts on Instagram and so now she’s entered a different sphere this is possibly coming with that territory.

I love Jessie's Instagram and her drawings and think she's a really interesting interviewee on other podcasts, but not a fan of their podcast at all. It's just too rambling and feels like the end of a conversation that you didn't hear the first part of

The whole explanation about who or who isn't in their bubble was weird. Surely they would know what a 'support bubble' means? I know there are exemptions for childcare and work, but that still means you have to be careful

Reactions: 4
I love Jessie's Instagram and her drawings and think she's a really interesting interviewee on other podcasts, but not a fan of their podcast at all. It's just too rambling and feels like the end of a conversation that you didn't hear the first part of

The whole explanation about who or who isn't in their bubble was weird. Surely they would know what a 'support bubble' means? I know there are exemptions for childcare and work, but that still means you have to be careful
I'm here for your username. Love me some Ben Wyatt.

Reactions: 7
Why didn't they just say they were seeing each other for work purposes though?! As that is allowed isn't it? And if Bebe's bf is producing the podcast that's his excuse too? Why lie about living together? Or am I missing something?

I feel like there is some definite dysfunction in the Cave family. Understandable considering the brother passed, but it seems to go further back.

In terms of the weight/body talk.

I get the vibe that Jessie resents Bebe slightly for having a more ‘feminine’, curvy shape. Perhaps dislikes the attention her little sister gets and feels lacking.

She seems so insecure in herself, despite being in her 30s, and a mother...that she compares herself to her younger sister ( who imo has a very different body type). She has at times been fairly skinny, but it seems like something that isn’t easily maintained.

Jessie was definitely weightier during her Harry Potter days. She was very cute ( imo) but I think the fact that she was older compared to the main cast, yet they looked sophisticated ect at film premieres might have hurt her a little bit. Those pictures are out there forever, and she looks so young ( and very fun and quirky) compared to Bonnie and Emma Watson.

I do think what happened has impacted her, despite what she says. The conversations they have on the podcast and her neurotic, paranoid nature imply she isn’t fully over it, and how it might impact her relationships and view of love/intimacy ( again understandably).

I think the love she has for the idea of family, encouraged her to have more children, in a relationship that seems unstable, that she openly admits doesn’t think will last. You can see how much she adores her children, but I feel like Alfie is just a tag along...not a vital part of the family unit.

I do really like the simplicity of her art though and I hope to see her in more projects.

I know this is petty in comparison but wtf was she thinking naming her kid Tennessee? Donny and Margot might be unusual names but at least they're actual names. Tennessee is peak stupid celebrity/influencer baby name.

Reactions: 7
I’m a big fan and find Jessie so compelling but they are very clearly breaking lockdown rules lol

I know this is petty in comparison but wtf was she thinking naming her kid Tennessee? Donny and Margot might be unusual names but at least they're actual names. Tennessee is peak stupid celebrity/influencer baby name.
I reckon if I had another chance and it was my last kid I’d go wild and call it something ‘out there’. I don’t see any theme or consistent style in her naming choices but probably I guess not everyone does that, kids are individuals after all

I love the name Tennessee, makes me think of Tennessee Williams 🤓 I think I like it the best out of all her kids' names. Maybe like Alansbigplate said, this could be the last baby and she wants to go for a more exotic name choice. I know that when he was first born she announced him as Abraham.

Tennessee > Abraham

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think Jessie has the most beautiful skin ever...? It is flawless in every single picture and video I've ever seen of her. Probably genetics, as she has beautiful hair too, but I'd love to know her skin care routine...

Reactions: 16
I'm thinking she chose Tennessee just to use the nickname Tenn, just like they originally chose the name Abraham just to use Bam but maybe wanted a more 'mature' full name to fall back on, but with Tenn/Tennessee, the longer name sounds less mature so I'm not too sure... Also, I guess they were happy using Donnie as a name without using a longer name - or maybe she regrets that and so went with longer version for the younger child? Idk just speculating, might be way off. Love her daughter's name though, wonder what she'd have named Tenn if he were a girl

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.