Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet Jessie reads this threads and reads bit out to Alfie about how terrible everyone thinks he is!

Reactions: 1
I really don't think they realise that Patreon is usually used as a structured monthly service and not just people 'donating' to them in exchange for content at their whim. They didn't post anything at all in September and still collected people's monthly fees and then promised to put out double the content in October and so far have posted 2 things - and they didn't even have to work for either of those things. The first thing was just latitude audio and the second was something they recorded as a main podcast episode but couldn't end up releasing because of a fight. They didn't try to create anything new or specific for Patreon. Just comes across as so incredibly entitled, if they aren't willing to work/make Patreon content, why do they think they're entitled to money from subscribers? And their comments in one of their recent podcast makes that even more clear - Bebe joking about Patreon money feeding Jessies' kids and Jessie getting all defensive talking about how she just subscribes to support people she likes even if she doesn't get anything back. Sounds like she's just fine with exploiting people's good will.

Reactions: 5
My partner did for a bit. They were… weird. Can’t really remember much about it apart from Jessie bigging it up, and them being underwhelming. They seemed kind of pointless, and his humour seemed to be that he’s depressed. What did you think?
I used to watch regularly, and I did enjoy them, for the most part. But, Alfie suddenly ditching his audience because he could make television programmes and gain mainstream popularity - that was a kick in the teeth. Seems like he only started the streams so he could beg for money so he wouldn't be seen as useless by Jessie and her family.

Don't know what you guys think about this but when Jessie talks about Alfie so negatively it make me think less of her? Like, they have been together for ages, have three(!) kids together, he clearly has tried to end their relationship before but she clings to him - but then she also constantly publicly witches about him - it's like??? When you are a kid you learn so much about relationships from observing your parents, and those kids are gonna be so messed up by witnessing the apparent disdain-obsession hybrid they have with each other.

But also it doesn't always ring true. I think Jessie likes to think of herself as *~special~* and maybe she thinks that presenting herself as a victim of this awful but "talented" man will win her points? It's like...if he is as awful as she says then just LEAVE him, but if she exaggerates for effect then that's a messed up way of talking about your partner?

Also this is my first post hello! :geek: Been watching their podcast and wondered if anyone else found them as frustrating as me - looks like i've found my people! It drives me bananas that Bebe thinks she's so clever but constantly uses the wrong words and talks very confidently about stuff but when you actually listen she has no idea what shes on about!

Reactions: 13
Don't know what you guys think about this but when Jessie talks about Alfie so negatively it make me think less of her? Like, they have been together for ages, have three(!) kids together, he clearly has tried to end their relationship before but she clings to him - but then she also constantly publicly witches about him - it's like??? When you are a kid you learn so much about relationships from observing your parents, and those kids are gonna be so messed up by witnessing the apparent disdain-obsession hybrid they have with each other.

But also it doesn't always ring true. I think Jessie likes to think of herself as *~special~* and maybe she thinks that presenting herself as a victim of this awful but "talented" man will win her points? It's like...if he is as awful as she says then just LEAVE him, but if she exaggerates for effect then that's a messed up way of talking about your partner?

Also this is my first post hello! :geek: Been watching their podcast and wondered if anyone else found them as frustrating as me - looks like i've found my people! It drives me bananas that Bebe thinks she's so clever but constantly uses the wrong words and talks very confidently about stuff but when you actually listen she has no idea what shes on about!
I totally agree with you about Jessie and Alfie. I think Jessie knows exactly how bad she makes Alfie sound (I don’t doubt he is that terrible, by the way - he doesn’t seem to dispute it) and what listeners will think of him. I can’t imagine putting up with his behaviour but also can’t imagine ever being so openly critical of somebody I was still choosing to be in a relationship with.

I really enjoyed the podcast when it started, but I’m almost ready to unsubscribe. Jessie and Alfie’s relationship is infuriating to hear about and I find Jessie and Bebe’s relationship increasingly grating - I think they’re interesting individuals but somehow together they seem to bring out the worst in each other, or encourage each other in weird or uncomfortable conversation. The weight/body stuff is a bit tiresome, and I do find the grief to be a bit much at times too. I’d be interested in watching Bebe’s stand-up, and more of Jessie’s too, but no more of them together.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s easy to doubt he’s that terrible because it’s difficult to understand why she would share it and put up with it if he was… But truly I don’t think he can be up to much just by what they have both said.

I wonder if Jessie shares stuff because she actually wants women to feel a bit sorry for her so they’ll find it in themselves not to shag Alfie or just to ward women off him… It wouldn’t surprise me if she had some similarly bizarre motive! Also think what @sixback says about her belief that it makes her special rings true. She’s very different to all the sad normies and her relationship with this ravishing intellectual hunk who cannot be tamed is so romantic so back off basics.

It’s just very childish and quite sad.

Looks like she's started covering the baby's face now too - seems like it much earlier/younger than she did for her other two kids. Not sure if this is just me but her kids (bar the baby) always look so unkempt and dishevelled when she posts them, like they need a good wash or something. Idk, perhaps I'm being too harsh

Reactions: 6
I really don't think they realise that Patreon is usually used as a structured monthly service and not just people 'donating' to them in exchange for content at their whim. They didn't post anything at all in September and still collected people's monthly fees and then promised to put out double the content in October and so far have posted 2 things - and they didn't even have to work for either of those things. The first thing was just latitude audio and the second was something they recorded as a main podcast episode but couldn't end up releasing because of a fight. They didn't try to create anything new or specific for Patreon. Just comes across as so incredibly entitled, if they aren't willing to work/make Patreon content, why do they think they're entitled to money from subscribers? And their comments in one of their recent podcast makes that even more clear - Bebe joking about Patreon money feeding Jessies' kids and Jessie getting all defensive talking about how she just subscribes to support people she likes even if she doesn't get anything back. Sounds like she's just fine with exploiting people's good will.
Looks like she's started covering the baby's face now too - seems like it much earlier/younger than she did for her other two kids. Not sure if this is just me but her kids (bar the baby) always look so unkempt and dishevelled when she posts them, like they need a good wash or something. Idk, perhaps I'm being too harsh
Definitely not harsh, I think because they look like the kids dress themselves, wear a lot of mismatched clothes, colour clashing, random dress up stuff and there looks like no attempt to style the kids hair ever.. These things are all OK in isolation but put those factors together and in their dumping ground style house it just makes them appear messy and unclean

Reactions: 4
Firstly, welcome @sixback you have indeed found your people!

I don't want to be mean about people's kids but both Donnie and Margot are products of their parents. Eg mismatched clothes, clashing colours, wild unbrushed hair (altho Jessie has beautiful hair) and bohemian, boundary free lifestyle. From what both Cave Sisters say about Margot; she is very naughty and a compulsive liar. She never gets disciplined by either of her parents so she is sadly going to be an unruly lil' fucker.

This is the end of my Ted Talk on parenting.....

Firstly, welcome @sixback you have indeed found your people!

I don't want to be mean about people's kids but both Donnie and Margot are products of their parents. Eg mismatched clothes, clashing colours, wild unbrushed hair (altho Jessie has beautiful hair) and bohemian, boundary free lifestyle. From what both Cave Sisters say about Margot; she is very naughty and a compulsive liar. She never gets disciplined by either of her parents so she is sadly going to be an unruly lil' fucker.

This is the end of my Ted Talk on parenting.....
Yessss to this!!!! Bebe tries to laugh the rudeness off and say she's so clever and hilarious but my daughter is also 4 and yes she can be rude, but I do something about it head on. You could also tell Jessie was genuinely alarmed by Margot saying she got the train to see her boyfriend and they sleep in the same bed 😬 the comment was funny but it does show Jessie should maybe expose her to less adult TV. Anyway I'm no expert and everyone makes different choices (I watch game shows around my kids to take a sanity break from cbeebies) each to their own!

• Heart
Yessss to this!!!! Bebe tries to laugh the rudeness off and say she's so clever and hilarious but my daughter is also 4 and yes she can be rude, but I do something about it head on. You could also tell Jessie was genuinely alarmed by Margot saying she got the train to see her boyfriend and they sleep in the same bed 😬 the comment was funny but it does show Jessie should maybe expose her to less adult TV. Anyway I'm no expert and everyone makes different choices (I watch game shows around my kids to take a sanity break from cbeebies) each to their own!
Oh I totally hear ya! I watch Married at First Sight (very addictive and tragic, trashy show) to break up the manotomy that is Disney Plus and Sky Sports. My daughter is 6 months older than Margot and very bizarrely she has just discovered The Brittas Empire (a 30 Yr old British sitcom) on YouTube which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Margot however sounds like she is addicted to Friends and the mature things she says are clearly influenced by her adult TV she is exposed to. A few weeks ago she told Jessie she makes all the costumes for Strictly! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Totally agree with what's been said about Jessie and Alfie's relationship and what Jessie puts up with but I also wonder what's going on in Alfie's head. He's apparently always on the verge of leaving but why doesn't he just leave if it's really not what he wants?

Of course Donnie and Tenn’s birthday party was at a stand up venue. It’s so jarring that Jessie is like ‘I am so worried it will be disappointing for them’ and then organises it at a venue based on her and Alfie’s interests. I get that kids wouldn’t care where it is but it’s so obnoxiously obvious that it’s just about the parents.

Also… her skin looks amazing. She is 34, has three kids, and according to her Instagram story, never sleeps. There’s no way she hasn’t had Botox. Absolutely no shame in it if she has, but she’s said she would never on her podcast and I don’t buy it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Of course Donnie and Tenn’s birthday party was at a stand up venue. It’s so jarring that Jessie is like ‘I am so worried it will be disappointing for them’ and then organises it at a venue based on her and Alfie’s interests. I get that kids wouldn’t care where it is but it’s so obnoxiously obvious that it’s just about the parents.

Also… her skin looks amazing. She is 34, has three kids, and according to her Instagram story, never sleeps. There’s no way she hasn’t had Botox. Absolutely no shame in it if she has, but she’s said she would never on her podcast and I don’t buy it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Na, I completely believe that she hasn’t had Botox or any procedures. They constantly talk about how she drinks a lot of water, wears factor 50 daily and has been super conscious about ageing and her skin since she was a young teen and I think she even mentioned that she tries not to smile or frown or something a lot to prevent lines? Her skin just looks naturally amazing instead of the stretched out frozen look people with Botox seem to have.

I did find the choice of party venue super weird and also the fact that her sunset podcast background thing was brought along as a decoration.

Good Botox in the right places doesn’t look stretched out or frozen. There’s literally not even a crease near her eyes even when she’s smiling. I know she’s super on it with this stuff but even children’s eyes and foreheads crease when they move their facial muscles. Plus even if it was genetics, Bebe has lines despite being a decade younger.

Great spot with the backdrop!

I though it was a weird choice to as presumably they don't live near there. Absolutely no way would I be travelling any distance to one of my children's school parties.

Interesting re Botox. I think she definitely would as she’s obsessed with her looks but I also remember her saying she hasn’t. I mean her face doesn’t move which is a usual give away - if she can’t frown then she’s had it. Even being socio enough to refrain from emoting couldn’t stop the occasional involuntary frown right? I may need to investigate further 🧐 She must have frowned during that cringey roast battle she and Alfie did 😩

Right!! If you look at the podcast videos, around her eyes don’t move at all, there are no creases and no lines that set in (which would be totally normal!) and she has no above eyebrow movement. Anyway, she definitely strikes me as being the sort of person who would deny it emphatically because they want to seem like they just have magical special ageless skin and other people just don’t work hard enough to get it.

I often think she looks ill tbh because she's so pallid. Especially when she's next to Bebe who has such an expressive face and a rosy, healthy glow.

Is anyone going to see Bebe do stand-up who can report back? I'm v v curious what it will be like. I don't actually think she's as funny as she likes to think she is... 😬

Reactions: 7
I often think she looks ill tbh because she's so pallid. Especially when she's next to Bebe who has such an expressive face and a rosy, healthy glow.

Is anyone going to see Bebe do stand-up who can report back? I'm v v curious what it will be like. I don't actually think she's as funny as she likes to think she is... 😬
I totally get what you mean re her looking ill sometimes - probably doesn't help that she deprives herself of food (willingly starving herself during the podcast before finally accepting she needs to eat) 😬. I'm going to Bebe's show on November 20th - curiousity got me so I thought I'd have a nosey 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.