Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Didn’t know she had a book. Might give it a listen.
loved newlyweds and saw myself in her a bit blonde lol
I’ve got the dvds so might give them a watch.
I liked nick, he seemed more down to earth than with money.
I remember at the time I wanted to get her wedding book but couldn’t get it over here.

Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
I thought Nick Lachey was horrible to her on Newlyweds and clearly treated her quite badly and was jealous of her success.
It doesn't surprise me she married someone like him considering the example she had of her own father who seemed awful

HandTmum

Here is the latest DM article. The photoshopper must have had weetabix that morning!
I think it's the lack of space between her eyes and her eyebrows (ie a heavy brow) that make her look so masculine.
It's truly bonkers that she and Kim Kardashian are in the ultra-mega-wealthy category. Worth far, far more than Britney.

Jessica Simpson, 42, has a golden glow as she models her new handbag collection | Daily Mail Online
---

That does sound familiar!
How has she made so much money? I remember her pop career briefly but wouldn’t say she’s as well known around the world as say Britney?

emm

VIP Member
It was a female family friend that was around the same age as her who was also being abused.

He's been known as creepy pappa joe for the last decade for a reason! Although none of that will come out in her book. Remember when nick said the best thing about being divorced was Joe not trying to grab him anymore..
Stuff like this seems to happen so often in very religious families, it is awful I feel terrible for her

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
John Mayer described her as sexual napalm. I always assumed she’d be boring in bed. Would love yo know what he meant by that.
He meant that he was obsessed with her and having sex with her, like he was addicted to her. They obviously had a very intense sex life and one would assume it was mutually enjoyable.

Shinythings

VIP Member
I think she's swapped one addiction for another unfortunately (either an ED or Ozempic).

I have a soft spot for her I think because Newlyweds was a huge part of my teenage years. I think she exaggerated how bad things were with Nick in her book to justify what she did with Johnny et al. I think they were happier for a lot longer than she makes out. It's only in the last season of Newlyweds you see the dynamic change. I always get very pick me vibes from her. She moulds to fit the guy she's with. Do not like Eric at all, especially as he's basically been unemployed by choice since being with her.

I like Nick a lot, he seems a very down to earth guy. I have nothing against Vanessa and they seem to suit eachother but she did seem very desperate in the beginning.

Readread

VIP Member
Her book is good, first few chapters are a bit overly religious for me but it's quite juicy!

instamumsaredaft

Chatty Member
She looks ill now. So skinny and not healthy. I hope she can get some help. These poor young stars all seem to have issues.

exhausted_mother

I believe her clothing line etc is what makes the most money, according to wiki it’s worth over a billion dollars! Although it also says her parent company filed for divorce so I don’t quite know

Reactions: 2

Itsjustmesmee

VIP Member
There is a really good series about her on the Podcast Even The Rich
I love that podcast. The Jessica one is really good they took a lot of details from her book. I can't believe she told her parents she was SA and they just ignored it

Shinythings

VIP Member
I think towards the end, the relationship turned so toxic it came across that way.

Nick was embarrassed at getting such a low budget for his video and she rubbed in her huge budgets.

Nick wouldn't have been getting sex and you could see he was getting annoyed with her for example in a restaurant she wanted a bit of his meal and he was getting fed up with her choosing a peice lol.

I think all in all he was very supportive at the beginning.. but at the end he knew the relationship was going to the dogs so gave up pussy footing around.
I agree. I think he was a good man for the most part. Plus a lot of those clips I've seen on TikTok don't have the pre-text to it. For example the classic one is the argument about the house decoration where he's saying she's ungrateful and spoiled. But before that he's spent the whole weekend tidying and decorating the house and she walks in and immediately criticizes it. That is what he was reacting to.

Plus as they've both said they were expected to play a role on Newlyweds where Nick was the dominant Husband and she was the bimbo wife. They both said this ended up spilling into real life.

He put up with a lot having Joe openly criticise him and say to Jessica she didn't like him whilst at the same time sexually assaulting him as Nick has alluded to.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm really not sure I buy her complaining so much about the label and Tommy forcing her to wear skimpy clothes when she admits to really wanting the dukes of hazard role that would entail wearing a bikini and by far the most revealing clothes. She did look amazing in that film.

I knew she'd say that when meeting the interior secretary at the Whitehouse; "ooh I love what you've done to the place" 😆 reminds me of my favourite line from the sopranos.

It really does show that she's has a good team around her the whole time, apart from some dodgy decisions by pappa joe but the good team inpowered her to sack him.

I'm watching newlyweds again now after the chapters on filming.

Nick "if I had a gun I'd shoot....myself in the head" 😂 of course you said yourself while the cameras are rolling, we all know what you wanted to say

Candycrush

Chatty Member
I read the book within a few days. One of the most honest celeb autobiographies I’ve read. I was never a massive fan but really enjoyed Newlyweds and a couple of her albums. The newlyweds/MTV era and her marriage to Nick is really interesting and there are quite a few references to other pop stars of the time. She comes across incredibly sweet and talks a lot about her issues with alcohol, prescription meds and depression. Well worth a read, I think mine was about £14 for the hardback on Amazon.
Did she write the reason for their divorce? I think I read at the time that she surprised him one day by asking for a divorce but interested to know if she wrote why in the book.