Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Yeah I remember that episode. They were under a waterfall kissing n that and in bed and the dad was proper talking about her sex life. It was horrid!

I think she said something in the book about nick not supporting her while she was working away. He refused to accompany her to an event and that. Refused to save their marriage. Look how successful she is now though. She's made loads of money.
yeah exactly, he seems like a complete dick tbh, did anyone else see him on married at first sight as a host introducing himself , "of course, I am Nick Lachay".... like I am sure over 50% of the audience wouldn't even have recognised him/known who he was

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Candycrush

Chatty Member
I loved newlyweds! I think it was a shock for Nick as he was the famous one when they married and by the end of it she was the one who had to pay money to him because the show made her a lot more well known. It was a great early reality show. I hope it wasn't scripted because it was tv gold. Always thought it was funny how Jessica went from being famous for waiting until marriage and then got called sexual napalm by John Mayer before having two kids out of wedlock. I like how she's still friends with Cacee after all this time.

lalalanded

VIP Member
I'm really keen to hear what went on between her and Johnny Knoxville. Apparently she calls it an 'emotional affair' in the book but Popbitch reported he'd introduce her to anal so that's quite the euphemism!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Shinythings

VIP Member
She's on ozempic for sure. She's had lots of fillers and she always does that mouth slight ajar pose. I think she's also slightly damaged with her speech from her alcoholism. She is so naturally beautiful, she didn't need cosmetic procedures. I have a soft spot for her from the Newlyweds days but I think she's one of those women who doesn't help themselves.

Reactions: 8

S4buk

VIP Member
I thought Nick Lachey was horrible to her on Newlyweds and clearly treated her quite badly and was jealous of her success.

S4buk

VIP Member
I'm really keen to hear what went on between her and Johnny Knoxville. Apparently she calls it an 'emotional affair' in the book but Popbitch reported he'd introduce her to anal so that's quite the euphemism!!!
They just used to write each other letters apparently, so maybe it’s not that honest 🤣

I did not like Nick in the reality show he came across badly to me.

Nick never wanted to spend a single penny on anything, he was tight as a badgers arse!!

He used to lose his temper super quick, his whole demeanour would change!

Aside from that, he reminded me of the shit boyband American version of Peter Andre, so cringe and took himself way to seriously, thought he was the dogs bollocks but only sang absolute shite and couldn’t face it his music was only ever shit in the first place anyway and it was over for him.

Oh god, remember when he was first rumoured to be dating Vanessa and the paps caught him fucking her outside in a hot tub, the flashbacks!!! lol

Jessica’s dad was so gay even back then it was obvious.

Nick said a few years ago the best thing about not having Jessica’s dad as a father in law anymore was that he no longer had to play grab-ass under the dinner table at the easter family gatherings 😦
She tried to leave him a few times and he blamed the fact that the relationship was breaking down on Newlyweds and being filmed etc... When she finally filed for divorce he then signed up for another MTV show (same crew etc...) to follow him recording his new album (the first single obviously supposed to be about Jessica).

A couple of occasions he gets really angry with her and storms off and then comes back 30 mins later and plays the perfect husband, apologises and carries her up to bed - she reckoned MTV had a word because he would then ignore her when they weren’t filming.

Aside from that, he reminded me of the shit boyband American version of Peter Andre, so cringe and took himself way to seriously, thought he was the dogs bollocks but only sang absolute shite and couldn’t face it his music was only ever shit in the first place anyway and it was over for him.
Yep, Jessica and Nick turned up to a Rolling Stone magazine shoot and they said they only wanted Jessica. He went nuts.

Last edited:

Handerton

Chatty Member
Ouch that’s steep. If you subscribe to audible it‘s £7.99 a month but you can normall get first month free. If you are a member, cancel it and they normally offer either a free book for 3 months for half price.
I listen to lots of audible books and have a credit to use, I also loved Newly Weds and have a soft spot for her!

Might give it a listen...although will be interesting to see what my suggested listens are after buying it!
I’m betting:
1. Book about Fred and Rose West
2. Brooklyn Beckhams photography book (David ignored all advice and paid for an audio version to be made)

• Haha

S4buk

VIP Member
It’s also refreshing that she doesn’t necessarily throw Nick under the bus, but it’s quite obvious that he was quite an angry and manipulative guy from the very beginning of their relationship. It’s definitely worth a read (or listen).

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not regretting the (free trial) download of her audiobook. I've just got to where Tommy mottola rejected the first video of " I want to love you forever" and says she needs Janet Jackson abs 😬

I love that she outed Justin Timberlake as a prick, always thought he was.

I was wondering where's Britney in the mouse club thing, and then she popped up, and again, and again 😆

I wonder if that is her real talking voice in the audio book? Obviously had some sort of coaching but it's pretty different to her interview voice.

The beetlejuice stuff was pretty hard to listen to and by the time she got to the chapter on her cousin (that we knew was coming) I welled up while in the frozen aisle.

She's obviously not going to chuck creepy pappa joe under the bus (like lily Allen did to her own dad). But so far definitely worth checking out and the religious stuff wasn't too bad - although I'm unsure how genuine she is with it. Even more than most celebs she's got a big brand and lots of Bible belt fans that her team will have edited the book to not get off side. But that's all celeb books and them retelling a story in their favour I guess.

I wonder if they brushed over how much vocal training she had in her teens? She must have had alot to go on promoting "I want to love you forever" almost every day for months on end and not cause damage. That's an insanely difficult song to sing, I remember her nailing it on Richard and Judy with artificial sunflowers 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha

Lonette

It's horrific what drink can do to people. Makes me relieved I've never had much to do with it apart from a tipple on special occasions.

netflixbritney

Yes, it's the weight gain, general puffiness and redness.
I'm in my 9th year alcohol free and this sort of thing puts me off ever going back to it!

netflixbritney

It was pretty creepy that the minster at her wedding announced that she was entitled to wear white because she was a virgin.
---
In any event, people wear white because Queen Victoria did. And she did it so that she could be spotted easily on the day among the crowds.

GeorgeP123

Chatty Member
im part way through it, got it brand new on ebay for £10 and am enjoying it, shes a bit too honest and thats what I like about her, nothing is sugar coated so far, looking forward to getting to the meeting Nick part as used to love watching newlyweds, he was a moaning sod though, I remember when she called him to say the bra and pants she bought were more expensive than she thought and he kicked off telling her to return them......despite her being worth a fortune and most of their wealth at that point will probably have come from her......I love a trashy read ;)
I used to LOVE newlyweds too! I never really liked him either. Always telling her off. He went mad when she bought expensive sheets too for the bed. She was always so generous to him.

Reactions: 7

Handerton

Chatty Member
He broke his penis doing a stunt with bulls for the start of one of the jackass movies and it took YEARS to work properly again - so she must be a really accommodating lady

• Haha
  • Wow

GeorgeP123

Chatty Member
Yeah I remember that episode. They were under a waterfall kissing n that and in bed and the dad was proper talking about her sex life. It was horrid!

I think she said something in the book about nick not supporting her while she was working away. He refused to accompany her to an event and that. Refused to save their marriage. Look how successful she is now though. She's made loads of money.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
He was definitely jealous. He was the ‘big’ boyband star when they first got together and she was a low rent Britney. Then newlyweds shot her fame level up and then her daisy duke era, he couldn’t handle it.
His jealousy was so obvious.

Honestly, if Britney wasn't around in the late 90's/early00's I think Jessica could have been HUGE. She has a great voice and would have appealed to the whole American Christian, purity ring wearing, 'good' girl market

Chinwag

I know her dad came across as creepy vibes with his daughter but to me it was always in an obsessive way like he actually wanted to be her!!!

He would leer at Jess with both adoration and jealousy at times her and Nick were together. Like he wished he was her getting to have sex with a guy like Nick. He wanted a piece of him.

The guy was clearly closeted in my opinion and once you got in to his and his wife’s background it all began to make sense...i hope he is able to live his truth now, last i heard he has cancer.