Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Is her autobiography worth reading? The audio book is £26.75 😲

I've got quite a soft spot for her. She's endearing and full of charm.

I've no idea what her shady dad is up to (still chasing twinks in westho?😬) - was obvious back from the reality TV shows he wasn't one to be trusted.

I never liked nick lachey after he was complaining on and on about giving the cleaner $20 for spending several hours sorting out the crap in their mansion.
Ouch that’s steep. If you subscribe to audible it‘s £7.99 a month but you can normall get first month free. If you are a member, cancel it and they normally offer either a free book for 3 months for half price.
I listen to lots of audible books and have a credit to use, I also loved Newly Weds and have a soft spot for her!

Might give it a listen...although will be interesting to see what my suggested listens are after buying it!

Reactions: 2

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I listened to the Audio book and really enjoyed it. She is much more interesting and tougher than that reality show she did suggested!

Yel

Chatty Member
Stuff like this seems to happen so often in very religious families, it is awful I feel terrible for her
Sadly that's often the case. Her parents seem to have pretty much ignored it when she told then (from where I'm up to in the book) - her mum just told her dad "I knew it!" And neither looked to the backseat at Jessica. They never visited that family again and that was that.

• Wow

netflixbritney

I did a search and I found that yes indeed, Jessica does appear on many people's Celebrity Death Pool lists. Shame.
---
Here is the article which has increased concern:
Jessica Simpson displays her toned and tanned body in a sexy lime green SKIMS bikini | Daily Mail Online
---
I commented: Jessica has such a manly face anyway (heavy brow and jaw) and it looks WAY worse when she is overly skinny.

@I'm luvvin it hunz commented: I'm obsessed with all things Jessica lately, but I do think she has a lot of support from family and real people in her life, have you seen on her Instagram the video where she's showing off Birdies room, it's an ad, but she's absolutely off her head in it

@WaWooWeeWa commented: Jessica is a whole MESS, I think it's pretty clear she traded her alcoholism for something lower-calorie but just as harmful.

@Lonette commented: I didn't realize Jessica was in such a bad way again, I loved her too when I was a teen and it was all about Britney, Christina, Jessica and Mandy! I still really enjoy her earlier songs. I Wanna Love You Forever is stunning. I hope she'll get help.

@MrsLucas commented: Britney and Jessica are in totally different situations rn. Personally I think Jessica is clearly on something god knows what maybe the new Hollywood thing that maintains your body. I don’t think Jessica is going to die anytime soon.

@JessicaRabbit commented: I loved Jessica Simpson, Christina Augilera, all the era, I did not know Jessica was an alcoholic and on drugs OMG , im off to catch up on her! I thought she just had weight issues and drifted off the scene? Maybe only more publiced in the US ??

OK, so I think we are ready to go!

Last edited:

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Sweetest sin, I remember it all. The waterfall, the 4 poster bed on the beach. It's pretty grim and I'm quite a fan of her music
I remember that haha. I remember it was freezing when they filmed it and they had to try to look sexy lol.

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
I think the chicken of the sea question was fake.. i don't think she was anywhere near a thick as she was trying to make out.
---
Remember the buffalo wings act too 🙄
---
it was very awkward and embarrassing for Drew and Lea.

shellie

VIP Member
replying to this really late to say it was johnny knoxville. they had a very intense (by her own admission) “emotional affair”:

they apparently wrote each other love letters every day but never acted on it (which, hmmm 🤨)
She was with Bam as well. It was part of the reason he and his ex-Jenn broke up. Shortly after, she (Jenn) called into a radio station and said Jessica was one of over 40+ girls he cheated on her with, and he admitted to it after they got into an argument. His dad Phil also said it was true during a radio interview as well. Then Bam more or less said it happened when he was on Howard Stern with Steve O back in 2014.

Princesst

Chatty Member
I just want to throw in that I absolutely loved them together. I’ll forever hope they get back together 💔 😂 I secretly think both of them actually would be so much better together than her with that other guy and him with Vanessa

Emerald37

VIP Member
It was a female family friend that was around the same age as her who was also being abused.

He's been known as creepy pappa joe for the last decade for a reason! Although none of that will come out in her book. Remember when nick said the best thing about being divorced was Joe not trying to grab him anymore..
Bib regardless of Joe being a creep, that just reeks of homophobia on Nick's part. I very much doubt Joe would have cracked onto Jessica's husband. Lachey is a total twat.

Shinythings

VIP Member
I don't think nick seems like a particularly nice guy or down to earth (remember on love is blind 'and of course I'm nick lachey 🤣)but I agree she might have exaggerated. Ultimately the whole relationship for me just epitomises the problems with not living with someone etc before marriage
I took that as him making fun of himself rather than being serious
---
They've both said separately that they were expected to play certain roles on Newlyweds. Both said Nick was meant to play the angry Husband annoyed with Jess and who loved DIY and both have said Jess was meant to play the bimbo. So I don't think we can take too much of how they acted towards eachother in that regard on the show too seriously. The only issue Jess raised with Nick on her book was she felt he was jealous of her career and he went to clubs too much.

Last edited:

Halliestar

VIP Member
I thought Jessica slept with Bam Magera when she was filming The Dukes of Hazzard? I’m sure there’s an interview where he said they did

Reactions: 1

Allaboutthehashtag

Chatty Member
I loved them on newlyweds and always wanted to try her Dessert stuff! Didn’t realise she went through addiction. Her best gaff was the chicken of the sea question
1620.jpg

emm

VIP Member
Who did she say she was abused by? I always got such a creepy vibe from her dad, I remember watching the making of of one of her videos z(do mtv still do these.) and it was some scene of her and nick ( I think) kissing on a bed in very skimpy clothes and he was like leering at her, anyone else remember this? 🤢

emm

VIP Member
Wait until you get to the beetlejuice and cousin stuff 😔 I'm on the audiobook finally taking an audible free trial.

I'm now on the music industry stuff which is what I'm most interested in. Although the book is coming off as good pr for the Jessica Simpson brand, not that I blame them - it makes sense.
Ooh going to try the free audible trial and get it, good idea!