Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
I said it earlier in the thread but it bears repeating: Nick was borderline emotionally abusive. Jealous, controlling, disapproving, he constantly made fun of her, and although Jessica had a good sense of humour about herself, he often took it too far. Laughing at her rather than with her. He often enjoyed tormenting her too in small ways, like delighting in telling her about the baby rattlesnake he found when she was visibly upset by it, or joking he was going to go and spend time with his sexy dancers instead of her when she was clearly feeling a bit insecure. Absolutely vile man.

Do not forget that Nick refused to marry Jessica until she made an effort to “become a woman”, which meant learning to cook, clean and keep house. Such misogyny.

I will never forget him on that Newlyweds episode, being suspicious of the cleaner he hired, based on absolutely nothing. Also moaning the cleaner didn’t do what he wanted when he didn’t tell her properly, oh and then thinking he had paid her way too much! Horrible attitude.
Yeah he treated her like a child, I always found their relationship so uncomfortable to watch. It is so ridiculous as well as she was clearly much more successful in her career than he wsa so was definitely earning more, they never would have even had a show about him if he wasn't with her.
I found her dad so creepy, I remember one episode where they were filming a music video of hers and it was her and Nick on a bed kissing etc and the dad was practically leering, no way would either of my parents want to watch me do something like that

Reactions: 7

Princesst

Chatty Member
I used to love watching Newlyweds ...

I think as Jessica matured she regretted divorcing Nick and probably secretly loves him more now
Same. Loved them together. I don’t see the same connection between Nick and Vanessa on love is blind. She always says how she basically forced him to marry her 😂 it was rumoured because he didn’t want to give up his alimony from Jessica. I think as Jessica got really famous in the last few seasons though he was jealous of her and it wasn’t going to end well

Yel

Chatty Member
Ha I remember that, he was telling her to return the lingerie when he saw the price.

Then he hired a van and got his brother to help move into the mansion and was taking chunks out of the wall 😂

And that budget music video he filmed where even Jessica with her little grasp of numbers was shocked at how little he was given.

I get that he had a fleeting pop career and wasn't earning anything, but still

• Haha

Handerton

Chatty Member
I wonder if he used that as a chat up line???? Tbf, I think he was incredibly handsome (not aged well though) so I see the appeal. Nick just looked like a dumb jock.
I doubt it - he said for seven years he had to insert a catheter right up every time he needed to wee 😱
I bet they had a blast making that Dukes of Hazard movie

• Wow
  • Haha

Princesspoppy666

I remember the MTV series. Jessica used to say ‘oh my Gah’ because she was a good Christian girl who couldn’t say God, lol.

And also the buffalo wings. Couldn’t get her head round that they came from chickens not buffaloes!
I’ll always remember chicken from the sea... she genuinely thought tuna was chicken 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
It was a female family friend that was around the same age as her who was also being abused.

He's been known as creepy pappa joe for the last decade for a reason! Although none of that will come out in her book. Remember when nick said the best thing about being divorced was Joe not trying to grab him anymore..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

GeorgeP123

Chatty Member
yeah exactly, he seems like a complete dick tbh, did anyone else see him on married at first sight as a host introducing himself , "of course, I am Nick Lachay".... like I am sure over 50% of the audience wouldn't even have recognised him/known who he was
No way! Didn't even know he hosted it Haha. Gonna have to watch the American version just to see him embarrass himself. I didn't like the way on newlyweds, he epipd complain to Jessica that in his interviews they would always ask about her, instead of his new single or whatever and he would be raging lol! Everyone just wanted to know about her and ge only got airtime because of her and I bet he knows it.

• Haha

Lonette

To Jessica's credit, she could actually sing. It's a shame her pop career fizzled out pretty quickly. She released several albums but IIRC only the first two made any sort of impact.

Yel

Chatty Member
I know her dad came across as creepy vibes with his daughter but to me it was always in an obsessive way like he actually wanted to be her!!!

He would leer at Jess with both adoration and jealousy at times her and Nick were together. Like he wished he was her getting to have sex with a guy like Nick. He wanted a piece of him.

The guy was clearly closeted in my opinion and once you got in to his and his wife’s background it all began to make sense...i hope he is able to live his truth now, last i heard he has cancer.
I think you're spot on. I misunderstood him a decade ago when he was talking about Jessica's double D's but now it seems so clear he wanted to be her. I do feel sorry for him that he spent so many years being closeted, but he's still creepy.

Just watched the episode of newlyweds where they made videos and watched them back. Nick's face after seeing Jessica's video and pappa joe confirming the budget 😆 Jessica asks how much his budget was and he sulks off saying he doesn't want to talk about it😂 Jessica knew the ballpark figure for her video so obvious wasn't an airhead.

PSX_20200620_095601.jpg

Nick would be so much more attractive without the generic and boring tattoos.

This isn't far off being a good song, I had to watch it after reading Jessica talking about him recreating their life for a video:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
I used to love watching Newlyweds ...

I think as Jessica matured she regretted divorcing Nick and probably secretly loves him more now

lalalanded

VIP Member
He broke his penis doing a stunt with bulls for the start of one of the jackass movies and it took YEARS to work properly again - so she must be a really accommodating lady
I wonder if he used that as a chat up line???? Tbf, I think he was incredibly handsome (not aged well though) so I see the appeal. Nick just looked like a dumb jock.

WaWooWeeWa

Chatty Member
I agree that something is off with her. Her face looks strange now, her body is strange, her mannerisms are strange. She doesn't seem like a bad person or anything but I do think there's something unhealthy going on behind the scenes.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm starting to not believe her and the constant going on about how uncomfortable she was showing her body. It plays very well in 2020 with the current atmosphere and blaming a music exec and really helps her brand. But I think Jessica or her team is overegging it a bit. That said she was very thin and toned in the irresistible video and I do believe she was living off velveeta and microwaved meat. The truth is something in the middle probably.

AdoraDelano

Chatty Member
I love Jessica Simpson. Feel sorry for Ashlee too as she was really ripped to shreds for mining on SNL or whatever show it was. I'd love the name of who did her nose job, it's perfect.

emm

VIP Member
I think she's swapped one addiction for another unfortunately (either an ED or Ozempic).

I have a soft spot for her I think because Newlyweds was a huge part of my teenage years. I think she exaggerated how bad things were with Nick in her book to justify what she did with Johnny et al. I think they were happier for a lot longer than she makes out. It's only in the last season of Newlyweds you see the dynamic change. I always get very pick me vibes from her. She moulds to fit the guy she's with. Do not like Eric at all, especially as he's basically been unemployed by choice since being with her.

I like Nick a lot, he seems a very down to earth guy. I have nothing against Vanessa and they seem to suit eachother but she did seem very desperate in the beginning.
I don't think nick seems like a particularly nice guy or down to earth (remember on love is blind 'and of course I'm nick lachey 🤣)but I agree she might have exaggerated. Ultimately the whole relationship for me just epitomises the problems with not living with someone etc before marriage

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
She's on ozempic for sure. She's had lots of fillers and she always does that mouth slight ajar pose. I think she's also slightly damaged with her speech from her alcoholism. She is so naturally beautiful, she didn't need cosmetic procedures. I have a soft spot for her from the Newlyweds days but I think she's one of those women who doesn't help themselves.
I also have a soft spot for her from Newlyweds, she was so innocent, I felt for her.
She has almost like a childlike spirit.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I think towards the end, the relationship turned so toxic it came across that way.

Nick was embarrassed at getting such a low budget for his video and she rubbed in her huge budgets.

Nick wouldn't have been getting sex and you could see he was getting annoyed with her for example in a restaurant she wanted a bit of his meal and he was getting fed up with her choosing a peice lol.

I think all in all he was very supportive at the beginning.. but at the end he knew the relationship was going to the dogs so gave up pussy footing around.
Very true

I am fascinated by the Simpson family to be honest.
Has anyone read Jessica's book? It is actually very good

Yel

Chatty Member
Bib regardless of Joe being a creep, that just reeks of homophobia on Nick's part. I very much doubt Joe would have cracked onto Jessica's husband. Lachey is a total twat.
Yeah I don't disagree, nick was very uncomfortable with the Dick LaGay (IIRC) parody. Joe being a creep and Nick being homophobic are not mutually exclusive.

I doubt he actually tried anything but I think nick did sence something. But very classless and bitter to say what he did, even though it's interesting for the drama

Reactions: 4