Jessica Simpson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Is her autobiography worth reading? The audio book is £26.75 😲

I've got quite a soft spot for her. She's endearing and full of charm.

I've no idea what her shady dad is up to (still chasing twinks in westho?😬) - was obvious back from the reality TV shows he wasn't one to be trusted.

I never liked nick lachey after he was complaining on and on about giving the cleaner $20 for spending several hours sorting out the crap in their mansion.

Reactions: 11

I've no idea what her shady dad is up to (still chasing twinks in westho?😬) - was obvious back from the reality TV shows he wasn't one to be trusted.

I never liked nick lachey after he was complaining on and on about giving the cleaner $20 for spending several hours sorting out the crap in their mansion.
im part way through it, got it brand new on ebay for £10 and am enjoying it, shes a bit too honest and thats what I like about her, nothing is sugar coated so far, looking forward to getting to the meeting Nick part as used to love watching newlyweds, he was a moaning sod though, I remember when she called him to say the bra and pants she bought were more expensive than she thought and he kicked off telling her to return them......despite her being worth a fortune and most of their wealth at that point will probably have come from her......I love a trashy read ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yel

Ha I remember that, he was telling her to return the lingerie when he saw the price.

Then he hired a van and got his brother to help move into the mansion and was taking chunks out of the wall 😂

And that budget music video he filmed where even Jessica with her little grasp of numbers was shocked at how little he was given.

I get that he had a fleeting pop career and wasn't earning anything, but still

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I loved newlyweds! I think it was a shock for Nick as he was the famous one when they married and by the end of it she was the one who had to pay money to him because the show made her a lot more well known. It was a great early reality show. I hope it wasn't scripted because it was tv gold. Always thought it was funny how Jessica went from being famous for waiting until marriage and then got called sexual napalm by John Mayer before having two kids out of wedlock. I like how she's still friends with Cacee after all this time.

Reactions: 9
She's always been nuts it's brilliant 😁 I think I'm gonna get the book too! I never took to the sister though 🤔

Reactions: 4

Yel

That song she released after getting married was so tasteless..

I feel a bit sorry for her sister, their dad seemed quite dismissive over her and she herself said she felt like Jessica's boy sister in that pizza hut advert.

She had this really awkward interview that'll try to find where she's always looking to her husband and does an awful fake laugh after every sentence. I'll try to find it. But her nose job and other tweaks look great.

Think I'm finally signing up for an audible trial to listen to Jessica's book for free 😂

Reactions: 1
I read the book within a few days. One of the most honest celeb autobiographies I’ve read. I was never a massive fan but really enjoyed Newlyweds and a couple of her albums. The newlyweds/MTV era and her marriage to Nick is really interesting and there are quite a few references to other pop stars of the time. She comes across incredibly sweet and talks a lot about her issues with alcohol, prescription meds and depression. Well worth a read, I think mine was about £14 for the hardback on Amazon.

Reactions: 10

Ouch that’s steep. If you subscribe to audible it‘s £7.99 a month but you can normall get first month free. If you are a member, cancel it and they normally offer either a free book for 3 months for half price.
I listen to lots of audible books and have a credit to use, I also loved Newly Weds and have a soft spot for her!

Might give it a listen...although will be interesting to see what my suggested listens are after buying it!

Reactions: 2
Sweetest sin, I remember it all. The waterfall, the 4 poster bed on the beach. It's pretty grim and I'm quite a fan of her music
I remember that haha. I remember it was freezing when they filmed it and they had to try to look sexy lol.

Reactions: 2
Ouch that’s steep. If you subscribe to audible it‘s £7.99 a month but you can normall get first month free. If you are a member, cancel it and they normally offer either a free book for 3 months for half price.
I listen to lots of audible books and have a credit to use, I also loved Newly Weds and have a soft spot for her!

Might give it a listen...although will be interesting to see what my suggested listens are after buying it!
I’m betting:
1. Book about Fred and Rose West
2. Brooklyn Beckhams photography book (David ignored all advice and paid for an audio version to be made)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s also refreshing that she doesn’t necessarily throw Nick under the bus, but it’s quite obvious that he was quite an angry and manipulative guy from the very beginning of their relationship. It’s definitely worth a read (or listen).

I'm really keen to hear what went on between her and Johnny Knoxville. Apparently she calls it an 'emotional affair' in the book but Popbitch reported he'd introduce her to anal so that's quite the euphemism!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
I did not like Nick in the reality show he came across badly to me.

Nick never wanted to spend a single penny on anything, he was tight as a badgers arse!!

He used to lose his temper super quick, his whole demeanour would change!

Aside from that, he reminded me of the tit boyband American version of Peter Andre, so cringe and took himself way to seriously, thought he was the dogs bollocks but only sang absolute shite and couldn’t face it his music was only ever tit in the first place anyway and it was over for him.

Oh god, remember when he was first rumoured to be dating Vanessa and the paps caught him bleeping her outside in a hot tub, the flashbacks!!! lol

Jessica’s dad was so gay even back then it was obvious.

Nick said a few years ago the best thing about not having Jessica’s dad as a father in law anymore was that he no longer had to play grab-ass under the dinner table at the easter family gatherings 😦

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm really keen to hear what went on between her and Johnny Knoxville. Apparently she calls it an 'emotional affair' in the book but Popbitch reported he'd introduce her to anal so that's quite the euphemism!!!
They just used to write each other letters apparently, so maybe it’s not that honest 🤣

I did not like Nick in the reality show he came across badly to me.

Nick never wanted to spend a single penny on anything, he was tight as a badgers arse!!

He used to lose his temper super quick, his whole demeanour would change!

Aside from that, he reminded me of the tit boyband American version of Peter Andre, so cringe and took himself way to seriously, thought he was the dogs bollocks but only sang absolute shite and couldn’t face it his music was only ever tit in the first place anyway and it was over for him.

Oh god, remember when he was first rumoured to be dating Vanessa and the paps caught him bleeping her outside in a hot tub, the flashbacks!!! lol

Jessica’s dad was so gay even back then it was obvious.

Nick said a few years ago the best thing about not having Jessica’s dad as a father in law anymore was that he no longer had to play grab-ass under the dinner table at the easter family gatherings 😦
She tried to leave him a few times and he blamed the fact that the relationship was breaking down on Newlyweds and being filmed etc... When she finally filed for divorce he then signed up for another MTV show (same crew etc...) to follow him recording his new album (the first single obviously supposed to be about Jessica).

A couple of occasions he gets really angry with her and storms off and then comes back 30 mins later and plays the perfect husband, apologises and carries her up to bed - she reckoned MTV had a word because he would then ignore her when they weren’t filming.

Yep, Jessica and Nick turned up to a Rolling Stone magazine shoot and they said they only wanted Jessica. He went nuts.

Last edited:
I loved Newlyweds, I used to have it all on DVD! I watched it recently on YouTube and still loved it 🙈

I like Jessica a lot but I never liked Nick at all and still don’t.

He broke his penis doing a stunt with bulls for the start of one of the jackass movies and it took YEARS to work properly again - so she must be a really accommodating lady

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
He broke his penis doing a stunt with bulls for the start of one of the jackass movies and it took YEARS to work properly again - so she must be a really accommodating lady
I wonder if he used that as a chat up line???? Tbf, I think he was incredibly handsome (not aged well though) so I see the appeal. Nick just looked like a dumb jock.

Reactions: 5