Jemhow #3 jemma mc gowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought whenever someone has stage 4 cancer then that’s basically the end of the road for them? Like there are no treatment plans because the cancer is so far along that nothing will work? And it’s all about managing pain and making the patient comfortable etc? Am I being stupid, is that not the case?

Reactions: 5
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought whenever someone has stage 4 cancer then that’s basically the end of the road for them? Like there are no treatment plans because the cancer is so far along that nothing will work? And it’s all about managing pain and making the patient comfortable etc? Am I being stupid, is that not the case?
Even at stage 4 it's sometimes possible for palliative chemo to be offered to try to slow down the progress of the disease and/or relieve symptoms. Jemma has mentioned having problems with her leg and her most recent scan showed a new tumour on her spine, so this treatment may be to try to help with that. She has said that it's not a cure, but will hopefully prolong her life.

Not necessarily
There are still treatment options available for stage 4 including standard 3rd line treatment and clinical trials using novel treatments or non standard combinations of drugs/ radiotherapy/immunotherapy
some stage 4 patients can have treatment breaks from chemo ( have "blocks " of chemo) and carry on with this for many months/years until chemo stops working/side effects become intolerable ( scanned every 9-12 weeks until further progression)

Reactions: 4
Not necessarily
There are still treatment options available for stage 4 including standard 3rd line treatment and clinical trials using novel treatments or non standard combinations of drugs/ radiotherapy/immunotherapy
some stage 4 patients can have treatment breaks from chemo ( have "blocks " of chemo) and carry on with this for many months/years until chemo stops working/side effects become intolerable ( scanned every 9-12 weeks until further progression)
Thanks, I didn’t know all that. My only medical knowledge is from watching Greys Anatomy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also, Deborah James (bowelbabe) was stage 4 for pretty much her entire diagnosis and lived for 5+ years. I also used to follow a young woman named Emily Hayward (her YouTube videos are still up and so worth watching – she was amazing) and she was also stage 4 for a number of years, but immune therapy managed to keep her cancer under control for quite a long time. Sadly it did eventually stop working and she died back in 2018 at age 24 from melanoma that spread everywhere.

• Sad
Stage 4, for some, doesn't mean 'immediate death' ..
I was diagnosed terminal Aug 2019, I'm still on first line of treatment, and there's a few more treatments to follow when this starts getting active again. I'm hoping to get a few more years yet...esp as I've young kids 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Stage 4, for some, doesn't mean 'immediate death' ..
I was diagnosed terminal Aug 2019, I'm still on first line of treatment, and there's a few more treatments to follow when this starts getting active again. I'm hoping to get a few more years yet...esp as I've young kids 😢
I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, see this is what annoys me with Jemma, you're in the exact same position and not got 13 GFMs 😢

Reactions: 8
I had to give up work, money is nothing to me - my life with my husband and kids is most important 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Do you believe the doctors said that to her when she was first diagnosed?
I don't doubt she was given a years prognosis... Or that she was desperate to try alternative therapy in Mexico... But I believe when the money poured in and exceeded the original amount needed, greed took over. It's even easier to sit back and continue to take donations when you have strangers (Eg. Bried and the hope page) doing it for you so it is not personally yourself constantly on the beg. Sure how could you possibly tell someone NOT to do a fundraiser?!

Then comes the freebies, ads, the agent, the events to meet your fans followers. I mentioned this on another thread also, what starts as a genuine page seeking help becomes a lifestyle that nobody wants to give up

Edited to add: @The original derry girl sorry, I realise I totally rambled & digressed there from the original question you posed to @Grasshopper !!

Reactions: 10
I don't doubt she was given a years prognosis... Or that she was desperate to try alternative therapy in Mexico... But I believe when the money poured in and exceeded the original amount needed, greed took over. It's even easier to sit back and continue to take donations when you have strangers (Eg. Bried and the hope page) doing it for you so it is not personally yourself constantly on the beg. Sure how could you possibly tell someone NOT to do a fundraiser?!

Then comes the freebies, ads, the agent, the events to meet your fans followers. I mentioned this on another thread also, what starts as a genuine page seeking help becomes a lifestyle that nobody wants to give up

Edited to add: @The original derry girl sorry, I realise I totally rambled & digressed there from the original question you posed to @Grasshopper !!
thank you i was just interested in your opinion of it all as i just dont believe all she says

When greed takes a hold, all morals go out the window. It’s sad

Reactions: 8

Back when Jemma did the original fundraiser, her initial target was £50k which was hit within a day. Rather than saying that’s enough she asked people to keep donating as she was going to use the leftover money to help other mothers in need.

To this day I’m not aware of a single penny she has personally donated to someone else. Fair enough she has raffled off freebee tickets for Tanya but anything else she has done claiming to be charitable was done to benefit herself.

Think this is why people are so annoyed about what she’s doing. There are soooo many people out there who could do with the help

• Wow
Back when Jemma did the original fundraiser, her initial target was £50k which was hit within a day. Rather than saying that’s enough she asked people to keep donating as she was going to use the leftover money to help other mothers in need.

To this day I’m not aware of a single penny she has personally donated to someone else. Fair enough she has raffled off freebee tickets for Tanya but anything else she has done claiming to be charitable was done to benefit herself.

Think this is why people are so annoyed about what she’s doing. There are soooo many people out there who could do with the help
She could have done wonders by asking people to donate to cancer charities after she hit 50K. People would respect her and applaud her for it but now people know she’s totally money orientated in sucked in to the bullshit influenza lifestyle.

I couldn’t do it, I’d find it so boring and repetitive and FAKE. I much prefer being self-employed and working my arse off

She could have done wonders by asking people to donate to cancer charities after she hit 50K. People would respect her and applaud her for it but now people know she’s totally money orientated in sucked in to the bullshit influenza lifestyle.

I couldn’t do it, I’d find it so boring and repetitive and FAKE. I much prefer being self-employed and working my arse off
and yet there is people out there who keep giving, who are Still oblivious to what she’s doing.

Remember back at the very start when she was interviewed the day after she hit double her GFM target and said she was going to give the other half to another family that would find themselves in the same situation so that both of them could benefit?

Reactions: 9
No way did that kid ask about that song. She didn’t even know the words when she was being filmed. How the mother of the year exposes all her kids and their private chats tells how much she uses then just for public sympathy and money.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.