Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See i usually really like jamie but she always tries to hide the AD on insta stories it pisses me off just be upfront about it???

Reactions: 12
Also think there's something shady going on with the views. last night for her new video she was on 16k and it had been up for like a day, then it jumped to 47k in a few hours now up to 64k

Reactions: 1
might be in the minority but I liked the section about how to take insta pics in her vlog, I'll never be an influencer but I find how they do it quite interesting 😂

Reactions: 8
might be in the minority but I liked the section about how to take insta pics in her vlog, I'll never be an influencer but I find how they do it quite interesting 😂
It was interesting but what an effort just to post a photo on Instagram! I could not be bothered with that!

Reactions: 1
It was interesting but what an effort just to post a photo on Instagram! I could not be bothered with that!
hence why I'd never be an influencer, spend far too much time with no make up and my hair shoved in a bun. duck that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I found it soo boring I just stopped watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i used to love her then jack started annoying me and I totally got put off. Like I really used to root for them as I'm also Scottish and it was cool she was becoming successful.
I even unfollowed her on youtube! I don't even know why - I just got so bored of Jack

:-\

Reactions: 8
I hate the stupid faces she pulls in her poses. She looks nowt like her photos.

Reactions: 4
snap. Just could not be arsed. I actually don’t like the way she manipulates her shots so much they look odd at times.

Reactions: 5
I seen her say in a vlog before that she chews on the insides of her cheek and pushes her tongue to the roof of her mouth when posing for photos. I think it’s supposed to give you cheekbones and eliminate any double chin action but I honestly think it gives off a Desperate Dan look. The way she makes her chin look in photos doesn’t do her any favours in my opinion.

Reactions: 3
She is getting proper shady with the gifting and ad tags.
She is really pissing me off with it now. She can’t do #ad It’s always just ‘ad’ and never states exactly what she is using is gifted. She’s a twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What would be the benefit in not properly disclosing ads and gifts? She isn't being fully transparent, that's clear, but can somebody explain to me what she gains from that? I could be having a real silly moment here.

What would be the benefit in not properly disclosing ads and gifts? She isn't being fully transparent, that's clear, but can somebody explain to me what she gains from that? I could be having a real silly moment here.
It’s a legal requirement - have a look at ASA guidelines for influencer marketing. Presumably she thinks she will be less popular or come across less genuine if people realise the extent of products she loves (but is paid handsomely to feature).

It’s mainly to protect consumers though - think young people buying make up because according to a YouTuber the product is amaaaazing, and will solve all their problems and insecurities (which they probably have in the first place because of Instagram influencers!) - when really they’re only posting because they’ve been paid to do so and are reading off a script.

It’s so easy to declare stuff as an ad - two letters! Ask yourself why influencers tie themselves in knots to avoid it 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s a legal requirement - have a look at ASA guidelines for influencer marketing. Presumably she thinks she will be less popular or come across less genuine if people realise the extent of products she loves (but is paid handsomely to feature).

It’s mainly to protect consumers though - think young people buying make up because according to a YouTuber the product is amaaaazing, and will solve all their problems and insecurities (which they probably have in the first place because of Instagram influencers!) - when really they’re only posting because they’ve been paid to do so and are reading off a script.

It’s so easy to declare stuff as an ad - two letters! Ask yourself why influencers tie themselves in knots to avoid it 🤔
I feel like 90% of her popularity is her pretending to be humble and 'real', but if people knew how well she was paid and the insane amount she is gifted, it doesn't really relate to her image

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Oh, yes, I'm aware of the legalities! Thank you for taking the time to explain that, though. I guess I was just confused because I would assume that her vague disclosing of them would make people not trust her, so I wondered what exactly she was gaining by being so shady around it. I trust influencers so much more who are open and honest about their paid promotions, so to me it seems like not disclosing them properly would do the opposite, but I suppose not everybody sees it that way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.