Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my flat was offers over £99,000 and I got it for £112,000. It was valued at £110,000. Generally, they don't go for less than the valuation price.
ah thanks. It’s been a long time since I lived in Scotland (and I can’t move back cos of ex/daughter relationship).

I do like Jamie’s gaff. It’s got a lot of potential but that tartan carpet and kitchen would be first in a skip

I imagine it’ll go for between 310-330k but the market isn’t great right now.
The housing market in England is doing great. We’ve just bought and are moving in a few weeks

you know with “offers over”? How much over do they generally go?
The offers over price is usually quite a bit below the valuation (the home report.) If you offer above the home report you need to pay the excess up front (so if I offered 310k on a house valued at 300k, I'd need to pay my deposit and the 10k up front) because the mortgage will only cover what the house is worth.

Generally speaking at the moment, in areas of Glasgow where theres a demand, you can expect to pay 10% above home report value at the moment - maybe more just now due to the ups and downs of the market with covid. The west end and immediate south side and east end can go quite high over valuation but I can't see East Kilbride going too high over the HR value.

Reactions: 4
My friends an estate agent and during the summer houses were going for 15% over the HR. Things have definitely slowed down and although she is still working they have furloughed a few staff. With the stamp duty holiday they might be in luck but there’s a lot of new builds around that area for the same price

Reactions: 1
My friends an estate agent and during the summer houses were going for 15% over the HR. Things have definitely slowed down and although she is still working they have furloughed a few staff. With the stamp duty holiday they might be in luck but there’s a lot of new builds around that area for the same price
I tried unsuccessfully to sell mine last year. It’s really hard to sell a house when there are new builds for sale nearby. I can’t offer the incentives that developers can offer. They were offering things like part exchange, free carpets and mortgages paid for a few months.

Reactions: 2
I tried unsuccessfully to sell mine last year. It’s really hard to sell a house when there are new builds for sale nearby. I can’t offer the incentives that developers can offer. They were offering things like part exchange, free carpets and mortgages paid for a few months.
I’m so about that. I think people just want the Instagram look house now but don’t realise they are so small once normal furniture is in. My estate agent friend has to ask people to get rid of large beds etc when trying to sell secondhand new builds

I bought an old house a few years ago at the fixed price and totally gutted it ( perfectly lovely just old fashioned).It was on the market for a year and I still look at the place and wonder why someone didn’t snap it up

Reactions: 4
I’m so about that. I think people just want the Instagram look house now but don’t realise they are so small once normal furniture is in. My estate agent friend has to ask people to get rid of large beds etc when trying to sell secondhand new builds

I bought an old house a few years ago at the fixed price and totally gutted it ( perfectly lovely just old fashioned).It was on the market for a year and I still look at the place and wonder why someone didn’t snap it up
I agree. Also my house had a bigger garden and better view than the new builds and it’s pristine inside. But there’s no competing with new builds.

anyway - might get my sister in law to go do a viewing. She lives nearby

Reactions: 3
you know with “offers over”? How much over do they generally go?
10-15% of the price is what your lawyer would suggest you accept as a minimum.

Ie if it’s offers over £100,000. Lawyer should advise not accepting below £110,000-£115,000

10-15% of the price is what your lawyer would suggest you accept as a minimum.

Ie if it’s offers over £100,000. Lawyer should advise not accepting below £110,000-£115,000
Think it can vary so much. We got our house for 1k over the offers over price and 2k below home report value. But it had been on the market for several months and the owners were keen to move.

New thread....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.