Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone watch her?

for the most part I don’t mind her, I used to quite like her 🤷‍♀️

but she’s another one with a husband that doesn’t seem to work,
instead he travels everywhere with her to take her photos.
His job is basically to follow her around like Victoria/Alex (inthefrow) 🤦‍♀️

Does he work as a photographer or does he just work on her content?

I also noticed she labels nothing as an AD or as a freebie.
EVERYTHING on her insta IS a freebie but the furthest she will go to declare it is “some products are gifted” after a list of about 30 products when at least 90% of them are PO BOX items.

Her freebie talons - nothing
Her trips away - nothing.

and her vlogs are painfully lazy and boring now, how many times can we see Jack order food with Jamie snickering in the background.

the UK influencers just don’t seem to give a crap about their content lately and I’m now skipping most of her uploads.

anyone else watch her?

Reactions: 24
Does anyone watch her?

for the most part I don’t mind her, I used to quite like her 🤷‍♀️

but she’s another one with a husband that doesn’t seem to work,
instead he travels everywhere with her to take her photos.
His job is basically to follow her around like Victoria/Alex (inthefrow) 🤦‍♀️

Does he work as a photographer or does he just work on her content?

I also noticed she labels nothing as an AD or as a freebie.
EVERYTHING on her insta IS a freebie but the furthest she will go to declare it is “some products are gifted” after a list of about 30 products when at least 90% of them are PO BOX items.

Her freebie talons - nothing
Her trips away - nothing.

and her vlogs are painfully lazy and boring now, how many times can we see Jack order food with Jamie snickering in the background.

the UK influencers just don’t seem to give a crap about their content lately and I’m now skipping most of her uploads.

anyone else watch her?
I think all her cosmetic procedures are free as well as any beauty treatments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think all her cosmetic procedures are free as well as any beauty treatments
i wondered if she got the boob reduction and filler removal for free?
I liked the fact she was getting rid of the nail extensions, massive boobs, bleached hair and lip fillers but she’s already gone back to the long nails (obviously to sell the gel extensions) and she’s said she’s getting fillers done again, she was in LA for New Years on a free trip but seemed to forget to mention it was free.
It’s frustrating she thinks the rules are beneath her.
and I’m not a fan of jack. No idea why.

Reactions: 6
I agree, I generally like her but recently she's just becoming boring and stagnant - rinsing and repeating the same old things. I dont care about make up, so I'm never going to be into her tutorials, but dip in and out of her vlogs. Maybe I'm not her target audience but...

I think this "influencer and husband photographer duo" trope is beginning to become a bit tired and boring and turn people off. I have absolutely no interest in watching this type of content anymore. The endless freebies (non disclosed of course) and the luxury pr trips... Zzzzz. It's too easy for people to fill vlogs by showing endless stuff they have been sent/treatments they are gifted instead of making unique, creative content.

Obvs this doesnt just apply to Jamie, most people in her bracket are the same, it's like its inevitable at a certain level of youtube success. However, she is someone who is generally likeable and who I think could do better if she put in some effort.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure she said before that Jack now works with her and he edits all her videos.

I go through phases with her, can't watch all her videos as they are very samey

I cannot get past the lip stud, sorry but I hate it! Also she must be doing well but whenever she posts pics of her home it looks like such a dump.

Jack is another Alex Harrison/Mcgrath (husband not brother) in every way. He is plugging freebies all the time!

Reactions: 19
I cannot get past the lip stud, sorry but I hate it! Also she must be doing well but whenever she posts pics of her home it looks like such a dump.

Jack is another Alex Harrison/Mcgrath (husband not brother) in every way. He is plugging freebies all the time!
I feel so bad saying it but the house looks like it needs a good clean.
2 dogs and that tartan carpet 🤮

she always looks like she might not have washed for two days 🤣 is that just me.

I really like her. Anyone see her documentary on bbc3?
No, I didn’t know she was on a documentary. I don’t dislike her but I feel like I will if she continues as she is right now.
Everything about her seems half arsed.
I feel like she sighs her way through videos but can’t really be bothered.

Reactions: 10
I feel so bad saying it but the house looks like it needs a good clean.
2 dogs and that tartan carpet 🤮

she always looks like she might not have washed for two days 🤣 is that just me.

No, I didn’t know she was on a documentary. I don’t dislike her but I feel like I will if she continues as she is right now.
Everything about her seems half arsed.
I feel like she sighs her way through videos but can’t really be bothered.

Yes grubby!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have followed her for a long time and she has historically been one of my very favourite accounts to follow as I love makeup and skincare. I’ve always really enjoyed her content, appreciate the level of care and work that goes into it, the brand consistency and her personality is one I’m drawn to.

That being said I’m beginning to find her very irritating... the failure to disclose ads appropriately is my absolute bugbear - especially when its a lot more tolerable for someone like Jamie in her capacity as an MUA rather than a “mummy blogger” so it’s not like anyone would be upset by it.

The affiliate links for clothes have also started which just seems like total and utter greed and the endless wedding photos and videos are too much. I get that her brand is evolving but we loved her as an MUA and the content is becoming really diluted.

Also... so glad others feel the same as I do about Jack. I’ve never been able to put my finger on exactly why but i just feel like he’s a bit of a hanger on and comes across as super untrustworthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does she even have a vacuum cleaner because her house is 2 inches thick in dog hair😳

Priorities aren’t 100% in order really are they? The house is a state for the most part. Unless that’s just the rooms the dogs stay in a lot of the time so they haven’t “done them up”. They makes me feel ill!!

BUT, that being said.... Her beauty room is gorgeous and I have enjoyed the majority of her content for a very long time. I like that she isn’t up other influencers arseholes.

Wish she would lay off the fillers. She was a pretty girl without all that
agreed she is naturally gorgeous, I thought it was such a shame that in her wedding photos/videos when she’s really happy smiling and beaming you can really notice the fillers

about 6 months ago I considered starting a thread on her in rave 🤣😂🤣😆
Because I didn’t dislike her as much as the rest.

I considered it for half a second.
I made the right decision 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha
What documentary was it? I think she looks ‘grubby’ as that’s her fashion sense, 90s grunge. I am much the same, although I do bath twice daily I do look distressed and in acid wash man clothes. Sorry, she’s still a yes from me. This could change however, look at the Hannah tracks turn around. 😂😂😂

I get annoyed with how little effort goes into her brand trip content. Like she's there to promote the new products, shows them for 5 seconds and that's it. I learnt more watching Tamara's Laura Mercier vlog than Jamie's.

Reactions: 4
I get annoyed with how little effort goes into her brand trip content. Like she's there to promote the new products, shows them for 5 seconds and that's it. I learnt more watching Tamara's Laura Mercier vlog than Jamie's.
the LM press trip was the one that turned me off her.
I watched her’s, Tamara’s and Lydia’s and she made Lydia Millen look professional.

her snickering into the microphone made me turn off.

Reactions: 4
the LM press trip was the one that turned me off her.
I watched her’s, Tamara’s and Lydia’s and she made Lydia Millen look professional.

her snickering into the microphone made me turn off.
it’s like the more in control of content Jack’s getting the less enjoyable it becomes. It appears like he’s trying to give them this sort of power couple notoriety like Bonnie and Clyde, Sid and Nancy style vibe but he’s just not relevant (or likeable if I’m honest) so that’s probably the reason I’m getting a bit fed up of her content. He’s fame hungry and it comes across a bit desperate. I miss old Jamie!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.