James Smith PT #3 How (not) to be a James blunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bleeping hate that phrase ‘if it’s not a duck yes it’s a no’. Sometimes my marriage is hard,I don’t just walk away from it. Sometimes (most of the time 😂) I don’t want to do housework-I still do it. Sometimes my kids drive me up the wall-I still care for them. Sometimes my job makes me miserable-I stick it out because it provides for my family.

I’m not special in doing those things-it’s called life,being committed and taking responsibility for things,not just walking away at the first signs of trouble or hardship. By all means do not remain in a relationship or job or any situation which is truely affecting your wellbeing or happiness (but realistically this isn’t always possible especially with jobs and the current climate) but encouraging people to just give up when it’s not all rainbows and sunshine is just poor advice and seems so immature.

no doubt plenty of his sad minions are dumping their fellas off the back of his statements and blowing smoke up his arse about how he has changed their lives. Pathetic.

Also that whole ‘if it’s in your mind you must act upon it’ sounds very dangerous to me-not everything in people’s minds is positive-plenty of people have depressing or suicidal thoughts and do not want to be alive anymore-because their life isn’t feeling like a ‘duck yes’ should they just check out? Maybe I’m just reaching and being dramatic but for all his harping on about mental health he really says some bleeping stupid things (but thinks he is saying something really profound)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Such an immature attitude 🙄
My marriage is tough at times - we’ve been married 10yrs. Sometimes I think “I should leave, this is too hard”. But I don’t because I love him, he loves me, we have a house, a child and joint responsibilities that mean we work at the marriage and overall I don’t think the grass would be greener.

I’m 4yrs older than James. We’re like a different generation 😂

Reactions: 8
It’s low of him to send that email about his relationship and how ‘he ended it’

Very disrespectful and humiliating to makenna

Reactions: 12
Exactly he was revelling in showing her on his stories and making sure people knew he was seeing her. If you were only just starting to see someone normally would you be posting them so much, never mind if you had a huge following. He only started seeing her around sept or so?

Reactions: 6
He definitely seems to have some commitment issues. His whole lifestyle is based on being able to run away from things without any notice. The only consistency is wanting an audience to play to.

Don't commit or tie yourself down as tomorrow you might wake up and unilaterally decide to bail out if things don't go 100% your way. If you're like that, then the chances are you're going to doomed to repeat a cycle of that.

Don't commit to job, you won't progress and you'll get frustrated, then leave to start from the bottom again. Don't commit to a relationship after the initial honeymoon period and end up leaving or being dumped as you don't value your partner.

Or maybe stick at some of these and reap the benefits later in life. I've got mates who I worked with 20 years ago who are still bouncing around entry level jobs struggling to support families. I worked hard and got opportunities that have meant I'm financially secure. Similarly in my relationships, I've been with Mrs Steeevo for a few months short of 20 years. Not all plain sailing, but we're happy together and I wouldn't change it for the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That’s exactly the point of all his books

If you’re not happy, QUIT EVERYHING
Haha well aren't we lucky James wasn't around when civilisation came about or we would all still be happily living in caves god he is a twit. So with that attitude women still wouldnt have a right to vote, poc of colour would have separate public toilets, the Irish would be refused service in shops and so on so forth. Because even though it didn't make the majority happy they still followed the party line till people decided to not be happy with the situation and sort tit out. Ohhh god his white man entitlement must make him smell fierce awful. God if I quit everything that didn't make me happy I'd literally have achieved nothing. His silver spoon must be digging into his assh*le because that is all he is. Sorry for the rant.

Reactions: 7
He definitely seems to have some commitment issues. His whole lifestyle is based on being able to run away from things without any notice. The only consistency is wanting an audience to play to.

Don't commit or tie yourself down as tomorrow you might wake up and unilaterally decide to bail out if things don't go 100% your way. If you're like that, then the chances are you're going to doomed to repeat a cycle of that.

Don't commit to job, you won't progress and you'll get frustrated, then leave to start from the bottom again. Don't commit to a relationship after the initial honeymoon period and end up leaving or being dumped as you don't value your partner.

Or maybe stick at some of these and reap the benefits later in life. I've got mates who I worked with 20 years ago who are still bouncing around entry level jobs struggling to support families. I worked hard and got opportunities that have meant I'm financially secure. Similarly in my relationships, I've been with Mrs Steeevo for a few months short of 20 years. Not all plain sailing, but we're happy together and I wouldn't change it for the world.
His commitment issues stem from his biological parents putting his up for adoption. I know the parents that raised him are his mum and dad but it’s obviously caused some issues. He should address them now with therapy. He’ll he the oldest swinger in town, trying to be relevant on insta and spouting any old crap that gives him short term attention.

Reactions: 9
He seems like the kind of guy that would need a girl to just do everything he says and fit into his life but in the same way he wouldn't respect a girl that didn't have her own mind/stuff going on. Can't please him

Reactions: 8
Yeah it's weird to me when he's mentioned a few times that he's a feminist or "secret feminist" because a) I don't think he's smart enough to actually *understand* feminism is and b) his actions prove time and time again that he is more misogynist than the average man.

He really reminds me of some of the fuckboys myself and/or friends hooked up with in university at like 19 years old. Just....man children, honestly. Really wonder if all of his guy friends treat women like that.

He’s going to be the 40 year old partying with the mid 20’s, most groups have one! Everyone thinks he’s sound enough, but you wouldn’t leave your mate alone with him and most of you grow up and out of the phase, he moves on to a new crowd!

Reactions: 6
I feel like that attitude of if it’s not a f*ck yes it’s a no, is a bit like that series of love island where they kept saying, I’m happy but I could be happier. It’s typical our generation never happy with something and wanting better, not that’s it’s a bad thing to aspire for more but I think people can forget that good and happy is okay we don’t have to aspire further to make it even better. I’m not sure if I’ve explained what I mean very well 😂 but what I imagine with James is that that beginning excited part you get at the very beginning may have worn off, it’s not to say the relationship is bad but it’s not going to be a novelty or exciting every single day!

Sven (Paul) is a nasty human being. Everyone hates to see him coming in Ibiza. And I think we all know why he’s mates with the boys 👃🏾

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It’s a cliche but there is just a chance that he’s not met the right person yet... well except in the mirror.

Makes sense about Sven, his patter is funny for 5 minutes but you couldn’t be doing with it for much longer, thinking about it, all of their insta personalities would have an around 5 minute limit.

Reactions: 1
I remember on one of James’ q&a stories a while ago, someone had asked if they should keep saving for a house deposit or go travelling and he said go travelling as you definitely won’t regret that.
In some situations yes, seize the moment but I’m not sure his approach is always very sensible. I like to have savings and although I do save up for things I would like I try to keep some for a rainy day too. I would feel so uncomfortable blowing the lot on travelling or whatever and having nothing as a fall back.
Maybe I’m just boring 😂
I feel he promotes quite an immature attitude towards ‘adult responsibilities’ but I do like his nutrition advice, sometimes

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.