James Smith PT #2 James Smith & his insta clique.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does bring a smile to my face to see that people are starting to see through James Smith and his circle-jerk of orbiters.

Let me begin by saying he does provide some decent information, however the info that he provides is nothing special or groundbreaking that you wouldn’t find from any other half-decent PT (admittedly they are a rarity nowadays). Of course it does help that he’s a handsome chap with a “bad boy” attitude, therefore his personality is a “buy in” strategy that gets certain demographics to listen in.

But even then some of his knowledge is outdated, or stepping out of his scope of knowledge on some topics (his deadlift tutorial “Injury/spine” comments come to mind). It certainly doesn’t help that his cocky attitude and the cartoon character he has turned himself into does not allow for constructive criticism without his cultists pouncing on you in the comments.
One particular gripe of mine is the ramming of “Calorie bleeping deficit!” down his audience throats. You would almost think that he had discovered thermodynamics by himself. Is the process of weight/fat loss determined by the physiological process of a caloric deficit? Yes. Is it as simple as just shouting CFD over and over again? No. There are many socioeconomic factors at play, from people’s economic situation, co-dependants, education, mental health status, religion, working hours etc etc. Unless I’ve missed some vital pearls of wisdom from James, it seems that he brushes all of these factors aside in favour of his catch phrase.

Related to this gripe, is his “eat the rich” attitude and comments he has displayed in the past, which is hypocritical considering his lavish upbringing. Being a bit of a tit as a kid growing up and suddenly shouting “duck tories!” In your 20’s doesn’t put you on par with the lower class or working man/woman James. “See, I’m one of you! I promise!”. Aside from that I also find it extremely disrespectful how he and his cling-ons were flaunting lockdown rules during COVID.

All in all, he’s a decent (certainly not top tier) PT that has done well for himself being a one trick catch phrase shouting pony. But despite the novelty of being the good looking bad boy, the mask is starting to slip. He’s a privileged man child that believes in his own hype.

Side note - a little off topic, but I find it amusing that Influencers such as Lucy Mountain who suddenly rebranded themselves as anti-diet culture/feminist still crawl up James’s hole. It’s a little reminder that these fake personalities are not your ally, they are adapting their character to the flavour of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I read on one of their Instagrams that James was born in Ireland and was called Cian at birth? Don’t know if that’s true though!

Reactions: 1
I read on one of their Instagrams that James was born in Ireland and was called Cian at birth? Don’t know if that’s true though!
Yes, that’s what he said on the podcasts. He still has Cian as one of his middle names.

James wants kids he is very open about that, he just isnt sure he wants the wife/girlfriend to go with it

Reactions: 4
It does bring a smile to my face to see that people are starting to see through James Smith and his circle-jerk of orbiters.

Let me begin by saying he does provide some decent information, however the info that he provides is nothing special or groundbreaking that you wouldn’t find from any other half-decent PT (admittedly they are a rarity nowadays). Of course it does help that he’s a handsome chap with a “bad boy” attitude, therefore his personality is a “buy in” strategy that gets certain demographics to listen in.

But even then some of his knowledge is outdated, or stepping out of his scope of knowledge on some topics (his deadlift tutorial “Injury/spine” comments come to mind). It certainly doesn’t help that his cocky attitude and the cartoon character he has turned himself into does not allow for constructive criticism without his cultists pouncing on you in the comments.
One particular gripe of mine is the ramming of “Calorie bleeping deficit!” down his audience throats. You would almost think that he had discovered thermodynamics by himself. Is the process of weight/fat loss determined by the physiological process of a caloric deficit? Yes. Is it as simple as just shouting CFD over and over again? No. There are many socioeconomic factors at play, from people’s economic situation, co-dependants, education, mental health status, religion, working hours etc etc. Unless I’ve missed some vital pearls of wisdom from James, it seems that he brushes all of these factors aside in favour of his catch phrase.

Related to this gripe, is his “eat the rich” attitude and comments he has displayed in the past, which is hypocritical considering his lavish upbringing. Being a bit of a tit as a kid growing up and suddenly shouting “duck tories!” In your 20’s doesn’t put you on par with the lower class or working man/woman James. “See, I’m one of you! I promise!”. Aside from that I also find it extremely disrespectful how he and his cling-ons were flaunting lockdown rules during COVID.

All in all, he’s a decent (certainly not top tier) PT that has done well for himself being a one trick catch phrase shouting pony. But despite the novelty of being the good looking bad boy, the mask is starting to slip. He’s a privileged man child that believes in his own hype.

Side note - a little off topic, but I find it amusing that Influencers such as Lucy Mountain who suddenly rebranded themselves as anti-diet culture/feminist still crawl up James’s hole. It’s a little reminder that these fake personalities are not your ally, they are adapting their character to the flavour of the year.

One trick catch phrase shouting pony 😂😂😂😂😂

James is moving out again?
Seriously?! So he moved out of his original place into a place on his own,then realised he was being a knob and moved in with a mate and now he’s moving again? Wonder what’s going on with him

Reactions: 5
I wonder if he is developing a bit of a drug problem? He talks opening about taking drugs on his podcast and it seems to be more and more . Drugs can effect mood , thought processes , paranoia etc etc. Not to mention the endless partying .Which can all effect relationships.
Just another theory I suppose .

Reactions: 3
Shona did a podcast where she said her last 2 relationships had been with addicts....

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.