Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

evoway13

VIP Member
Absolutely! I’ve quoted this theory before when they brought out Shittaker house but she’s a prime example of being too crap to realise she’s crap.

“The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people who are incompetent in an area don’t understand what high performance looks like in that field, and so cannot tell they are incompetent.”

Unemployed, perpetually late Carys who has so little capability she needs a planner to organise & remember to wake, eat, collect her child, chill & go to bed thinks she’s discovered something amazing - writing it down to time manage - and is now an expert. Not realising that most people manage that and more in their heads, on their phones, in a diary/calendar already. Reminding yourself of life’s pleasures alongside the chores is apparently groundbreaking to her despite the worldwide, best selling 6 minute diary and hundreds of imitations since.

I can’t believe she’s also doing the “kids look great, I look crap” thing again. Just put something better on when you get dressed, it’s your own choice and takes the same amount of time.
I watched a vlog a few days ago and I can't remember which family it was....but, they use an app on their iphone and ipad which is a daily planner and they get alerts on what is happening that day/week. I recently found a planner that my late mother bought for me one Christmas when my two children were in primary school. I'd filled one page in and then misplaced it! It ended up in a box of christmas cards/decorations that my children had made that year.........

Reactions: 2

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
What’s even more sad is that she would of have had to agree to it, not all brands do this and if they do it’s a condition in the working agreement, she can also barter it and say no I don’t want my child’s photos plastered everywhere but I don’t mind mine etc for example. No contract is set in stone 🫣
She wouldn’t have had to agree to it necessarily as standard contract is that any brand work you do belongs to them, including photos. She’s just too dense to realise the implications of this.

Just watched the holiday vlog and had to facepalm myself at the bit where they talk about forgetting their wallets at home and then both go on to say that they have 7 euros in cash and will just get more euros at the airport when they land. Turkey isn't in the EU, it's not even technically in Europe, so why did these dafties think that they use the euro? At first I thought they just made a silly mistake but given that James forgot his wallet yet deliberately put some euros into his pocket suggests they thought that all along. What a pair of clowns.
They might’ve accepted euros on the jet2 flight. But yeah it’s weird that they really thought that the solution was to buy euros and not dinar at the airport.

samalambbxtch

Chatty Member
I don't know tbh, I just started using a Johnson & Johnsons kids one once her hair got to a certain length. I found it made it easier to brush

@samalambbxtch that essentially a leave in conditioner spray though
Yeah true! it’s just lighter as it’s more of a liquid as appose to a thick cream. All personal preference :)

firegirl18

I will say it again - where the fk is Mila? Have they addressed this yet? Have they mentioned her in their latest vlog, or have they pretended she never existed?
She posted a picture of herself in the gym a few days ago and Amber and Mila were in there with her!! Wish I’d taken a screenshot now!!

Bnbn. Th

Chatty Member
In the beginning of the vlog, James says the hotel they're going in has a 'dress code' where he has to wear trousers in the evening and Carys says she has to wear long floaty dresses. I'd skipped that bit where they were rambling in the car - it's from 3 minutes in the vlog....Carys pipes up that it is very old fashioned to ask people to dress a certain way
I think this is common tho. I've been places in Spain portugal and turkey where they ask when you got for dinner etc to be wearing trousers/dresses etc rather than bikinis/cover ups/swim shorts. M.

betty14

I’m half watching the new vlog while I get ready for work, seems they did go ahead with getting a second car in the end? Feel like they’ve kept that very quiet by their standards?
I believe it’s the mini she used to have which she’d given to her sister(?) and they’ve got it back now so that they had a car each again.

shoppingismycardio

Chatty Member
i hate hate hate the “husband rates” or “husband buys” outfits videos 😖 no one wants to hear the “aww you look so cute” a million times in one vid… for me it seems a bit outdated like you’re really chasing male approval in 2023? role model 👍🏼
Will this be on their channel or will she finally try to revive her busybeecarys channel? I thought I saw her mention somewhere she wanted to bring it back…

Reactions: 1

Wophie

VIP Member
Are you meant to use conditioner at this age? My daughter is almost 3 and I’ve never used any on her hair. I can understand it would be needed for some hair types, but typically not all. My daughters hair is quite fine but lovely a soft so I don’t feel like she needs conditioner yet.
I don't know tbh, I just started using a Johnson & Johnsons kids one once her hair got to a certain length. I found it made it easier to brush

@samalambbxtch that essentially a leave in conditioner spray though

evoway13

VIP Member
Since they are using it as content for their YouTube they will be able to put most of the costs down as business expenses probably can include the mortgage on that as well.
They can only claim interest on a second mortgage as a 'expense' - if the second mortgage is a rental property

Brooke Davis

VIP Member
My mum fell over years ago when she was younger and fractured hers. But I think everyone I know knows you can’t do a lot about it you just have to deal with it :/ I agree though, she’s so dramatic! Imagine if she had something seriously wrong with her :/
Yeah I’m proper clumsy so just had to get on with it and think my mum got fed up with me crying I’d hurt my self like every day 😂

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Couldn’t help but laugh that she kept stroking her boob while showing the blue rib top and the fact that she says it holds after she stretches it but you can see how misshapen it is. Why does she never wear a supportive bra while showing off the clothes? I’m a J cup, also a shorty, and supported properly they don’t sit on my waist.
Double layering the linen isn’t a sign of quality Carys, it’s almost certainly because it was see-through as a single.
yes! I noticed that as well! Looked so stretched out and baggy! Looked awful!! Glad it wasn’t just me that thought so! I bought better quality rubbed tops from Sainsburys recently!

LoujD

I understand the anxiety about going up to the buffet. I've always had a really disordered relationship with food and my body, plus social anxiety. I wouldn't eat all day at school for fear of being seen to be "fat" or look "ugly/gross" eating. I still get nerves going to a buffet that everyone is watching what and how much I put on my plate. But I still get up and do it, because if I asked my husband to go for me he'd refuse. My husband loves me and wants me to beat my anxiety so he can see me happy and confident... Whereas James enables Carys' anxiety as doing everything for her gives him purpose in his otherwise wasted existence.
I find buffets overwhelming with choice and often come back with a small portion so I don’t look greedy, then really enjoy it and get another plate! its Even worse if they put the calorie content on the menu as I would always pick a lower calorie option over what I would really like.