James & Carys #32 Cary's gunt is still out, project number one is no longer about

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to @prancingpony25 for the brilliant thread name
---
James & Carys have revealed their secret project #35 (just being sarcastic). They have their fingers in so many pies instead of concentrating on one project.

They've bought a house they can 'flip' for £228k but, to make a profit, they can only really spend around £40k on the renovations which, they aren't doing themselves. Cue the vlogs asking viewers which shade of greige they should choose for each room to increase engagement

Carys also has another 'In The Style' kleckshun - which reminds me of the cheap clothing on market stalls in the 1980's

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
That's a bit of a nightmare location that they've chosen to flip a house. They won't make a great deal of profit if that's what they paid, it needs a fair bit of work too 😳 the road there is so congested and busy. God help them in rush hour. The queues are terrible! I personally wouldn't live there. I look forward to trying to spot them in the wild 🤣🫣

Reactions: 14
Can I just say they’re not flipping a house. There doing it up for rent. Flipping is buying something, doing some low-level work on it and spending the least amount possible and putting it back on the market for a quick sale.

They’re spending too much money on a house that’s going to be a rental.

Reactions: 22
Can I just say they’re not flipping a house. There doing it up for rent. Flipping is buying something, doing some low-level work on it and spending the least amount possible and putting it back on the market for a quick sale.

They’re spending too much money on a house that’s going to be a rental.
Ah they're renting it out are they? They'll be able to charge about £1000+ a month for that, so that'll pretty much cover the mortgage payments

Reactions: 9
It’s even more ridiculous if they do actually rent it out to a friend (why that friend would trust them I’ll never know, it’s probably family instead). The best thing they could probably do renting it is to get a property managing company in to handle most of it

Reactions: 7
Ah they're renting it out are they? They'll be able to charge about £1000+ a month for that, so that'll pretty much cover the mortgage payments
I don’t doubt that’s the going rate. But with insurance, putting money away in case things need fixing they might not be pocketing all that in one go. I think they also have to declare it as income on self-assessment forms, so the HMRC may also be taking a cut. That is if they are doing it by the book. I wonder if they’ve set up a property business arm of Whitaker House on company’s house. I do wonder again if it will be filled with bits from the range - where was the Easter stuff?

I find it odd that’s their “friend” would want to pay them so much. It’s a lot of house for 1 or 2 people.

I think the friend is made up, and they’re saying it so they look like make people jelling someone out, but charging them for the privilege. Could the friend not have stayed in their spareroom for a bit whilst getting sorted?

Reactions: 4
Why both her and Mabel in the bath? Why is anyone not related to them able to see that?? WHYYY

Reactions: 18
no one needs to see that. can some things not be private

also get the vibe she likes mabel more because she looks more like her 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 49
I’m really concerned for her that she even thinks about taking her phone into the bathroom during bath-time, never mind she then takes a naked picture together. She is seriously not okay

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Can I just say the f did I watch 🙈 the vlog where they are at the new flip house carys looks so frumpy in the white and brown little girl from prayrie dress 🤢🤢 she Just looks so like a frumpy closet walking aroud☠ woah I just cant believe the amount she has changed.

Ps how are they still making money from yt 😵🥺

Reactions: 17
they have been complete idiots with this house. there is another one (on the same street) that has been done very very nicely. its just sold for £230k! how on earth do they think they are going to see a profit after spending all the money on it....even if they wait 10 years.

I am out of words for the bath picture.

But duck me, it annoys to see her brag about «Mabel being more chill than Amber». Do they drug their kids or wtf, how can two hyperactive people get such chill babies? Are they just resignated babies or wtf? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Reactions: 6
I’m really concerned for her that she even thinks about taking her phone into the bathroom during bath-time, never mind she then takes a naked picture together. She is seriously not okay
She not only thinks about it, but plans it. She’s still wearing her makeup and glasses. Why would you do that going into the bath with a newborn? Glasses steam up or slip off, stuff can get into her eyes and then she won’t be able to see baby. Just so much stuff.

Last edited:
Nayla lives nearby and was talking about needing to find somewhere to live last year (the landlord then kept her on) so perhaps it's her. She's got a new man, not sure where he's from but that could throw a spanner in the works if it is her.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don’t doubt that’s the going rate. But with insurance, putting money away in case things need fixing they might not be pocketing all that in one go. I think they also have to declare it as income on self-assessment forms, so the HMRC may also be taking a cut. That is if they are doing it by the book. I wonder if they’ve set up a property business arm of Whitaker House on company’s house. I do wonder again if it will be filled with bits from the range - where was the Easter stuff?

I find it odd that’s their “friend” would want to pay them so much. It’s a lot of house for 1 or 2 people.

I think the friend is made up, and they’re saying it so they look like make people jelling someone out, but charging them for the privilege. Could the friend not have stayed in their spareroom for a bit whilst getting sorted?
There won't be anything to pocket the £1000 will just about cover the mortgage like I said. The letting agent charges quite a hefty fee per month, so not sure that's worth it either. It's just a tax dodge I should imagine, and an easy way of acquiring property without spending too much. The insurance isn't that bad, and I doubt they'll be shelling out money on repairs. Trying to get any landlord to fix anything is a pain in the arse

Like I mentioned on the last thread, if she's genuinely renting that house legitimately, she'll have to register on Rent Smart and pay for a landlord license that lasts for 5 years. So it will be easy to look that up in the future as it's a public register

Reactions: 9
Having just flicked through her latest stories from today, you’d honestly think she was a first time mum to Mabel if it wasn’t for the occasional mention of Amber’s name. It’s so strange that she keeps separating them so much. I find it sad that it’s very obvious Amber is old news now and she just seems an inconvenience to them☹

• Sad
  • Angry
There won't be anything to pocket the £1000 will just about cover the mortgage like I said. The letting agent charges quite a hefty fee per month, so not sure that's worth it either. It's just a tax dodge I should imagine, and an easy way of acquiring property without spending too much. The insurance isn't that bad, and I doubt they'll be shelling out money on repairs. Trying to get any landlord to fix anything is a pain in the arse

Like I mentioned on the last thread, if she's genuinely renting that house legitimately, she'll have to register on Rent Smart and pay for a landlord license that lasts for 5 years. So it will be easy to look that up in the future as it's a public register
Ah sorry misunderstood your point x.
This week’s tattle threads (and life) have really got my knickers in a twist and it’s only Monday. Here’s to having at nonfluencer 8-6 job eh?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.