Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leigh213

VIP Member
I think James likes to play a bit of a character,but I really couldnt imagine him watching her struggle. Claire is more than capable of putting him in his place if he's not pulling his weight. I agree with you,I think Claire is quite thorough and likes to constantly be doing something
I totally agree. People sometimes make these generalizations elsewhere on SM about couples like " the husband is henpecked, you bully him " to "he's ungrateful and lazy, we don't live in the 1940s still" etc and I think many forget that people are entertainers playing up a funny tendency for a theme to the videos, so to speak.

I think the same goes here, James is always complaining about his health, the yard, whatever it may be, and that's like their schtick, how it gets on her nerves and what ensues; I really don't think he'd leave her to struggle if she was actually.

Reactions: 5

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
James seemed grumpy all through the last vlog and it ended quite abruptly, maybe Claire got sick too, I think she does the editing?
He really reminds me of my husband when he is in a grump. All that moaning in the car about 'why do I even have to be here' was so familiar 😂
Quite nice to see a YT couple not presenting their perfect life.
Yes Claire does do the editing.

• Haha

JoelFizz

VIP Member
Ugh some men are so creepy and depressing. I don't know how women in the public eye cope with all the pervs sometimes.
Clair is obviously happily married and doesn't need the validation from peculiar neckbeards.
This is only going to get worse because of the type of men that follow them because they're fans of James. They idolise the character of Jay because they identify so much with him and so think creeping over Clair is funny and okay. One of them even called her "Miss Meek" and I'm wondering if some old creeps from her past are back with their dicks in their hands now she's in the public eye. Clair seems to be trying to attract more women followers but I'm sure the ones who comment on Clair's Instagram are pounced on by the thirsty neckbeards too so are turned off. 'Luckie' girls! :rolleyes:

• Sad

leigh213

VIP Member
I was just thinking recently too that I'd totally watch a channel of just Clair as well if she ever wanted to upload vids specific to her- they probably won't but I just admire her attitude towards life, positivity and relatability, which YT is sorely lacking in these days.

Does anyone know if they managed to come out with their line of tees/ merch? I'm NEVER one to be interested in yt merch but they said they wanted it to be an actual brand that all sorts of people could wear and they were having to go back and re do and try to fix it into what they wanted last year I think because they wanted it to be quality.

JackieB

I'm still enjoying the vlogs. The boys come across as real characters, even if you can't see their faces.

JoelFizz

VIP Member
I'm fairly new to the Buckleys. Does Clair have a job outside of youtube etc., or is she a stay at home mum?
She's a SAHM.

The news of James being Cameo's first millionaire might make people think twice about buying their book. Gleam are squeezing them hard it looks like. I wonder if Clair will get fed up of the management after a while?

leigh213

VIP Member
It’s all in this article but didn’t realise she moved in with him as soon as they met!

ah thanks for sharing! I wouldn't have known where to find that. I had a read and it was really interesting, I guess them and Jo and Danny go way back.
It's nice seeing a more candid side to them where they're being a bit more vulnerable about how they support each other in hard times etc because even though anyone can see they're a sweet couple in their vids, they both have the sense of humor that they tend to brush over hard stuff with jokes. I love being like that myself but it was refreshing to read some of their struggles or worrying thoughts like we all have.

JoelFizz

VIP Member
I was just thinking about this yesterday, I do wonder what they’re up to now and they seem very private and aside from Friday Night Dinner (I think that’s what it was called?) I haven’t seen them in much else
Yeah, the Inbetweeners really typecasted them and while White Gold was a funny show, you did get the feeling you were watching Joe Thomas and James Buckley play 1980s versions of their Inbetweeners characters.

Friday Night Dinner was fantastic. But, again, Simon Bird was playing Will in another setting. It worked though.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I don't know why but after loving their vlogs I've just lost all interest. I watched one last night, first time in ages, and their new kitchen 😬. Really don't like it. All those bloody bathroom tiles.
I see Tom Draco Felton is now in the play James was in.

viewtube

VIP Member
Got to say their's was the best Hello Fresh Ad I've seen on YouTube, usually it's a quick mention and a glimpse of the box.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Only just started watching their vlogs but I’m a little bit obsessed with Clair’s style and their house is so beautiful. I’m sure I’ll find something to annoy me about them soon enough 😂

• Haha

Maid22

VIP Member
Really enjoyed this weeks vlog, omg Id love to stay there and have food delivered in an hatch!!
I don't think Claire is lazy, we see 20 mins of their lives, they don't show everything they do!!!

viewtube

VIP Member
I enjoyed this weeks vlog,I must admit I don't know how Claire doesnt punch James sometimes, he doesn't know when to stop. I'd prefer fortnightly or monthly vlogs as long as they're a decent length and not just 15 minutes of them pushing undeclared freebies or Ads/sponsors. If theres sufficient content and it's not over shadowed by selling,people are less likely to be irritated by Ads when they do appear

bunnyhun

Did anyone see the other day they’ve signed with gleam? Wonder if that will change things at all

• Wow