Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
I don't think Clair would have looked twice at James if he was Joe blogs working on the roads,

and I don't think she's in love with him.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Ah I liked the recent vlog. Just them chatting and bickering. Has Clare had her top lip done? Loved the way she talked about having piles 😂
James is so charismatic. He reminds me of my OH the food he eats. Lots of processed fish steaks and nuggets etc. I've tried to wean him off it (my OH not James) but have to accept its never happening.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
I enjoyed the vlog, Claire just randomly opening a bottle of champagne and James setting his alarm for the takeaway to open!!
They really are a refreshing change to most vloggers!!

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
James on Richard Osman's House of Games all week.
I thought it was that when he talked about being in Scotland for a day's work and staying with Clare's parents. They film all the episodes in one day in Glasgow (I think?).
Really enjoyed James on house of games even found myself shouting at the telly for him in the tie breaker !

Also this weeks vlog was just *chefs kiss
I will never not love Clair's Halloween content and James's hypochondria
'I've swallowed fiber glass'
'im possessed by a demon'
🤣

• Haha

viewtube

VIP Member
A bit underwhelmed by the Halloween vlog,not so different to most of the vlogs,only difference was 5 sets of advertisements rather than the usual 2 or 3 sets. I know it must be difficult to think of content,but when they're selling books, merchandise and tickets for meet and greets you'd think the management company would be helping them to come up with new content

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Well it’s been 2 months and I still think they’re a great family but I don’t think the vlogging game is for them. It’s just not working. It was warm and refreshing at first but it’s just started to feel very boring even when they’re doing something fun.
I haven't enjoyed the last two as much tbh - the racing day and then Joe Sugg visiting. I do still like them very much, and would miss them if they stopped. I think it is to do with the editing eg when they were in the Nerd shop there was far too much footage of the shop with no commentary.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
James is away filming so I know it must be hard for Clair on her own for content, but bloody hell yesterday's was so boring. She just cleaned the entire house. Literally that was it. Just sped up footage of hoovering and dusting. Surely she can be a bit more interesting than that?

ETA I have also found it odd in a couple of the last videos Clair showed footage of the boys bedroom, and also spoke about how one of the boys has reached the age where he needed to be told to wash as he has bad BO. Just seems wierd after being so good protecting their privacy, then doing stuff like that 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just watched their video.
Getting very disappointed with them now. It's so frustrating as they can be so good a lot of the time.
I think I hate the disingenuous 'oh look at us doing an ad, aren't we crap at it tee hee' and pretending they are taking the piss out of it all.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
When I first heard James and his wife were doing YT (must have been back in lockdown I guess) I thought it would be awful. Too cool for school and overly quirky. But I still really like them. Not always, some things can irritate, but on the whole I would hate it if they stopped. I do particularly like the ones where they don't really do anything. Just mooch around at home complaining 😂
And fair play never showing their children. I bet they've been told several times it would be better if they did, but good for them not doing it and never making a massive deal out of it.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
James seems to be catching some hell in the comments of the last vlog for the fact that Clair did the deck. Like he wouldn't do it even if she asked for help, what are you all's thoughts?

I think she heads it up because she's thorough and even though he complains, I don't think he intentionally doesn't help?
I think James is just a naturally grumpy old man!! And it's probably quicker and easier for Clair to just get on with things!!

I wonder if a packet of smash will appear on master chef 😁

• Haha

viewtube

VIP Member
James seems to be catching some hell in the comments of the last vlog for the fact that Clair did the deck. Like he wouldn't do it even if she asked for help, what are you all's thoughts?

I think she heads it up because she's thorough and even though he complains, I don't think he intentionally doesn't help?
I think James likes to play a bit of a character,but I really couldnt imagine him watching her struggle. Claire is more than capable of putting him in his place if he's not pulling his weight. I agree with you,I think Claire is quite thorough and likes to constantly be doing something

Skyeball

Chatty Member
I haven't watched them for ages. I don't like the managed vibes.
I liked the family insights and the backstage stuff with James in the play and also really respect them keeping the kids faces private but the ads, the content with Joe Sugg, the stuff with Sky TV and the book that they did is too influencer for my taste.

viewtube

VIP Member
This week was quite a good vlog,interesting that James is more than capable of cooking but very much relies on Claire,who appears to rely on take aways. I think James hasn't understood why people were fed up of Ads,everyone understands they need to earn a living,but when they use a 45 minute vlog as a big Ad for a car they'd been loaned,at that point their usual vlogs didnt last more thsn 20 minutes, the pod cast would have multiple blocks of lengthy Ads,in a couple of pod casts over a third of the time was taken up by their Ads. There were weeks when they fidnt post vlogs but posted multiple undeclared Ads on IG,must admit they're definitely better at marking and declaring Ads or gifted,as long as they're transparent and the vlog or podcast isnt predominantly an Ad,they dont bother me too much

viewtube

VIP Member
Claire posted a picture of her green out fit that she wore the other evening, I was surprised when someone asked where she bought her shoes, instead of saying where, she said they are linked in the comments, it was an AFF link. I hate it when other vloggers do that, forcing people to click the link just so they can earn pennies. I wonder if their management company has told her to that, because in the past Claire has just named where she has bought items from

• Wow

viewtube

VIP Member
I suspect they are bored with it already and have better things to do !
I agree, but I also think maybe the income from it is becoming less and fewer freebies, James does appear to focus on that side of things, where as Claire does appear to focus on the actual vlogs. They are a lovely family but I really don't think vlogging will last, the novelty appears to already be lessening

Teawithnosugar

VIP Member
In Part 1 of the latest episode it starts off with 5.5 minutes of ads, then 7 minutes half way through, and ends with 3.5 min.

Part 2 - starts with 3 min. of ads, then 6.5 min. half way through and ends with 2.5 min.

That's a total of 28 minutes of ads in one episode!!!!! Half an hour of ads, guys.

Both parts put together make 84 minutes of content, which means that the ads take up exactly a third of it. How is that normal?

Reactions: 5

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I've just found this thread! I've really enjoyed their vlogs, really like how they don't show their boys, not using them like other vloggers!
But am starting to lose interest in them, I have no idea who Joe is, and I think it's abit unfair of them to just miss a week without telling their subs ( they do seem to have accumulated alot of subs in a short while too!)
A lot of subs would have come from James already being well known. A good majority of commenters seem to think it’s just Jay from The Inbetweeners. They’ve probably stopped watching now it’s him being more himself 😂

Agree with you guys they’ve probably got a bit bored with it already or have more important work on now things have opened back up. I am still pleased they don’t show their children though!

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
How much must the have spent on that kitchen but they want to scab £20 off us. Cheeky bastards

And im not at all saying how they should spend their money, it's theirs and earnt good for them that they can live well but don't expect others to watch you show that life and pay more than what you earn in views and ads etc

• Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
I found this weeks vlog strange,it almost felt as if it had been thrown together because they had to post something. There was no mention of Claires birthday last week. The whole business of the book seems like a bit of a con rereleasing the same book,12 months after the original release, in paperback maybe adding a new chapter ,but essentially the same book. I wonder if people will be as eager to pay good money for the same book. Since they took on a management team their content seems a lot less natural. Also they rarely do outros anymore just abruptly end the vlog

viewtube

VIP Member
Was enjoying this weeks vlog,until Danny Dyer appeared,find him so irritating. I like the vlogs when they’re with their friends who live across the road