Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

viewtube

VIP Member
My guess is they'll ditch YouTube completely. They were on Lorraine to promote the podcast, which as an editor I know is far easier to edit than a video. They're making money again now so YouTube will fall by the wayside.
Plus the pod cast is done in a studio,So I'm assuming soneone else deals with the editing etc.
---
Yeah I sort of think it's a case now of if and when a vlog arrives grab a brew or whatever and just enjoy it for what it is sort of thing with no expectation of when the next might land i just treat it as a nice surprise check in now 😁

I think most of us would happily take a day in the life with Clair or James doing the summer BBQ's and gardening (which I've really missed this year) but I'm starting to get the feeling that they think it's about when we have 'content' or when we do something funny we'll post which is a shame really.
I loved their natural at home or with their friends content, because it was so relatable

Reactions: 5

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Poor Clair, getting a load of creepy comments from some desperados on her latest reel. Cute dress, I can't pull them off otherwise I'd go check it out, but ugh, gave me the creeps just looking at that. Also some guys that no doubt don't even know James tagging him to let him know he's "luckie". :sick::sick:
Ugh some men are so creepy and depressing. I don't know how women in the public eye cope with all the pervs sometimes.
Clair is obviously happily married and doesn't need the validation from peculiar neckbeards.

• Haha

Maid22

VIP Member
No vlog because of the camera,but no delay in posting the Lego Ad abd gifted items from Krispy kreme Doughnuts. I still watch,but the vlogs seemed more authentic and relatable before a management team got involved,
I still watch occasionally, but like you said, since they've got a management team involved, now it seems all about the money and promos, shame, they were likeable at the start, not so much now.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
James was on the Useless Advice podcast (I think it is called? Never heard of it before) and he was very funny. He is naturally charismatic and quick I think.
Anyway the hosts asked him about Cameo and he said he does at least 25 a day at £40 a pop. Each one only takes him about 40 seconds. But I calculated if that is every day he makes at least £300,000 a year from it 😳

• Wow

leigh213

VIP Member
Jay from the Inbetweeners was such a great character. James hit the jackpot landing that role. Fair play he acted the part perfectly, but without that role James would be just another actor.

I'm not saying that in spite of anything, because I'm a fan of him and Inbetweeners. But what I mean is he got very fortunate with that role because it's led to him making a great living directly and indirectly from it.
I think what makes this more fascinating was that he said they casted him for the pilot ( or the pre planning) and then got Simon, Joe and Blake and were about ready to shoot the pilot or something and they up and decided they wanted to recast him as well, and I forgot how it happened but I think it was very unsure whether he was going to keep the part or not for a while. He was born to be Jay so I'm glad for him, and it's really nice to see a star/ actor who is proud still of their breakout role and is humble and doesn't begrudge people remembering it all the time.

Lately I'm still a little bored with the last couple of vlogs I think because it's mostly meetup stuff; will be glad if they do them more like they used to.

viewtube

VIP Member
Really enjoyed this weeks vlog, omg Id love to stay there and have food delivered in an hatch!!
I don't think Claire is lazy, we see 20 mins of their lives, they don't show everything they do!!!
The place they stayed looked amazing, even better bring dog friendly. I agree, I don't think Claire is lazy. We see a very limited amount of their lives, especially when it comes to the kids. One reason I like them so much is they aren't using their kids for content.

leigh213

VIP Member
^^ I agree. And it's cool she tries to have a dialogue with her followers on IG, like still leaves the comments open and stuff, but god knows what she gets sent.
I've noticed people in the comments on yt start to get a little bolder about commenting on her looks, most do it politely but we know what they're thinking. And some guys come on all " me and the wife LOVE your channel you guyysss" yea lol not sure about how your wife really feels with you oogling another man's wife but ok. ( Sorry this just bothers me, because I feel like these types of comments take away something when they sort of always reduce you to your looks).

On another note, I really like when they go out to do little day trips or outings. I recently did a lot of catching up on older vlogs and loved the one where they went to the shops, and about DIED during the one where they went to that old village for one of the boys' bdays and James was feeding all the animals and had that one chicken running all over the place to find him.

I'm starting to get the vibe lately though that they're becoming too worried about making an "ideal" vlog based on perceptions or what they see from other channels and so they seem to be editing out quite a lot that maybe they would have left in before. I hope they don't start becoming overly cautious because that's what made the vlogs so fun to begin with; when the content was just all over the place in a good way.

viewtube

VIP Member
Enjoying the podcast,but I do wonder if the vlogging will stop all together or become occasional. I think they struggle with vlogging content, because like most of us they're just a normal family. They won't use their kids,which is one of the main reasons I like James and Claire,they do appear to be great parents. I really hope they don't quit vlogging,I like the normality of their vlogs, it's not all celebs and partying,

JackieB

I just found them recently and they're lovely and really down to earth. And I respect that they're not showing the boys faces. As for James' obsession with barbecues :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Kit123

VIP Member
Agree, think they are a great couple and parents however I don't watch religiously because some of their vlogs are too boring for me. Maybe now they can do things it will get better but I think they shouldn't stick to the weekly vlogging unless there is something interesting to show.
I love the relationship with the boys. Even though you don't see them I love their interactions!

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
When I first heard James and his wife were doing YT (must have been back in lockdown I guess) I thought it would be awful. Too cool for school and overly quirky. But I still really like them. Not always, some things can irritate, but on the whole I would hate it if they stopped. I do particularly like the ones where they don't really do anything. Just mooch around at home complaining 😂
And fair play never showing their children. I bet they've been told several times it would be better if they did, but good for them not doing it and never making a massive deal out of it.
Yeah I'm with you Jelly Bean
I don't think they're above critism or anything but they don't sugar coat their life or try and be some fake perfect couple and that is RARE.

I'd be interested to see when both boys turn 18/21 and are off living their lives how Clair fairs with an empty house ngl, I'm not saying she needs a job of her own rudely but I think a lot with James is that she seems to eat sleep and breathe the home as though the kids are still toddlers and with all due respect she doesn't have a lot going on independently so it's no wonder James gets on her nerves as she has no life away from him, it's hard to explain without sounding nasty 🤷

viewtube

VIP Member
She's starting to get her ego back I think which is starting to come through on camera. All the lads fawning over her will do that. 😂
I do like Claire , but have noticed sometimes she can be really harsh on James. I know in the vlogs it looks like she does everything and he does the bare minimum, but I get the feeling he does a lot more than we see. They clearly have a lovely home, which is down to then bring a team, So I think for them to have the lifestyle they have it's got to be BOTH of them and not just Claire. Let's be honest the new book and even the channel will predominantly interest people because of James, without his name how many people would have started watching the vlogs? I really enjoyed this stag week vlog, it was nice to see him having some fun, instead of moving furniture again lol

wtafisthis1980

VIP Member
Well, that latest vlog was disappointing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Can’t help but feel a bit gutted for their own home video reasons though. I’d be devastated if the record of such an experience was wiped out 🥴

viewtube

VIP Member
Enjoyed this weeks vlog,until Joe and Diane, she is so loud and irritating,thankfully only a couple of minutes of her trying to be centre of attention

leigh213

VIP Member
it's still so bizarre to see James in a Zoe Sugg vlog. No matter how much I know they hang in the same circle it never stops being weird

JoelFizz

VIP Member
It must be a man thing, my other half is the same lol
Can confirm it's definitely a man thing!! I just caught up with the Buckley's and I absolutely love them. James is naturally funny and Clair is brilliant too. If he wasn't already famous, they'd have probably made it big on YouTube anyway!

leigh213

VIP Member
I'm really surprised that they've written a book, I just didn't think they would have had the time. I didn't watch the whole video but I guess they must have started during lockdown or shortly thereafter.
What does everyone think? think it's mostly about money from here on out?

Reactions: 4

viewtube

VIP Member
Yes it's the ironic 'har har look at us being proper influencers and doing an advert har har' when that is exactly what they've turned into.
And that bloody car is about £60k - so relatable.
The basic model is 60K,so not accessible to everyone. I really loved their original vlogs,pre management company. Lets see if the Christmas decorating vlog actually appears next week or if there will be more technical issues. It's clear that Claire finds the vlogging podcast and all the public events a pain in the backside,but is more than happy to accept freebies.

Reactions: 4