James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found this weeks vlog strange,it almost felt as if it had been thrown together because they had to post something. There was no mention of Claires birthday last week. The whole business of the book seems like a bit of a con rereleasing the same book,12 months after the original release, in paperback maybe adding a new chapter ,but essentially the same book. I wonder if people will be as eager to pay good money for the same book. Since they took on a management team their content seems a lot less natural. Also they rarely do outros anymore just abruptly end the vlog
I agree, I don't know how much more success they can milk out of the book than they've already had. After seeing a few random ads from them on IG and a reel of Clair advertising some jewelry earlier in the week, I wasn't very excited to go watch the vlog like I used to be anyways.

Reactions: 2
So there’s an old Podcast that Q and Sal from Impractical Jokers used to make called What Say You. Claire and James are on episode 38 and it was a really funny episode - recommend it . It’s been a couple years since I listened but I’m
Sure they spoke about how they met etc

I know they need to make money and no issue there, we all do. But I think somehow if they had just kept doing ads from sponsors like they used to do with all their old charms and casual ( as we say here " piddling") daily things ( and they still do this, just not as much maybe?) but without the management from Gleam, I think it would have been favorable. But you know to give them credit, it is REALLY hard to start the youtube thing and not fall down a path of pressures to be this and that and I think you get so used to comparing yourself to people in other lanes that you become more of a perfectionist/ editing things too much or posting things you think will be seen better etc. And I say that as someone who was just some small town person trying to do a channel lol while they're at nearly 200k so I can't imagine the pressure there.

I wish I didn't feel so bothered by ads though. Like when it comes to instagram, just the seeing more and more of them makes me feel like whoever the person is in question is starting to sell out and that always lets me down. I hope not in their case.

Reactions: 1
So there’s an old Podcast that Q and Sal from Impractical Jokers used to make called What Say You. Claire and James are on episode 38 and it was a really funny episode - recommend it . It’s been a couple years since I listened but I’m
Sure they spoke about how they met etc
How did they come to be on there? That's the most random paring ever! Love Sal and Q!

I loved that podcast!! Yeah it was weird but they became friends with the impractical jokers at one point! I reckon it’s a podcast they’ll be doing but I wonder if they’d stop YouTube if they did a podcast! Hope not!

Enjoyed this weeks vlog,until Joe and Diane, she is so loud and irritating,thankfully only a couple of minutes of her trying to be centre of attention

Reactions: 5
Poor Clair, getting a load of creepy comments from some desperados on her latest reel. Cute dress, I can't pull them off otherwise I'd go check it out, but ugh, gave me the creeps just looking at that. Also some guys that no doubt don't even know James tagging him to let him know he's "luckie". :sick::sick:

Poor Clair, getting a load of creepy comments from some desperados on her latest reel. Cute dress, I can't pull them off otherwise I'd go check it out, but ugh, gave me the creeps just looking at that. Also some guys that no doubt don't even know James tagging him to let him know he's "luckie". :sick::sick:
Ugh some men are so creepy and depressing. I don't know how women in the public eye cope with all the pervs sometimes.
Clair is obviously happily married and doesn't need the validation from peculiar neckbeards.

• Haha
Ugh some men are so creepy and depressing. I don't know how women in the public eye cope with all the pervs sometimes.
Clair is obviously happily married and doesn't need the validation from peculiar neckbeards.
peculiar neckbeards 😂

• Haha
This is only going to get worse because of the type of men that follow them because they're fans of James. They idolise the character of Jay because they identify so much with him and so think creeping over Clair is funny and okay. One of them even called her "Miss Meek" and I'm wondering if some old creeps from her past are back with their dicks in their hands now she's in the public eye. Clair seems to be trying to attract more women followers but I'm sure the ones who comment on Clair's Instagram are pounced on by the thirsty neckbeards too so are turned off. 'Luckie' girls! :rolleyes:

• Sad
This is only going to get worse because of the type of men that follow them because they're fans of James. They idolise the character of Jay because they identify so much with him and so think creeping over Clair is funny and okay. One of them even called her "Miss Meek" and I'm wondering if some old creeps from her past are back with their dicks in their hands now she's in the public eye. Clair seems to be trying to attract more women followers but I'm sure the ones who comment on Clair's Instagram are pounced on by the thirsty neckbeards too so are turned off. 'Luckie' girls! :rolleyes:
It's really not okay, how they try to shoehorn those kind of comments both in the YT and now IG comments. Do they think she's just gonna ditch James, like what on Earth are they hoping is going to happen? Alll it's going to do is make her uncomfortable or frustrated and I think them going to a certain point is disrespectful to her AND James.

Reactions: 3
I've been watching their vlogs since they first started (having been a longtime subscriber of James' "Completed it Mate" channel) and I really like them. Down to earth, normal, not whacky, good parents, wholesome etc.

I always assumed that James must make so much money from Cameo they'll never be hard up so Claire won't need to work.

But on that note, I always wondered if there are any legal/contractual considerations when an actor will be "in character" for Cameos. Surely 95% of video requests are asking for Jay quotes.

Oh and completely agree with everyone else: their house is really nice and beautifully decorated.

I always skip the Danny Dyer sections of their vlogs too lol!

Reactions: 4
The last one was pretty good, would love if they do an Easter special, but I'm sure they'll probably have lots of Easter weekend bits in next weeks.
Love Clair's little plant thing ( the bar above the bed?) in the guest room, does anyone know what that's called?

The last one was pretty good, would love if they do an Easter special, but I'm sure they'll probably have lots of Easter weekend bits in next weeks.
Love Clair's little plant thing ( the bar above the bed?) in the guest room, does anyone know what that's called?
Yes I enjoyed the last one too. Not a lot happened but that is when they are funniest I think.
Sorry no idea about the plant thing!

Yes I enjoyed the last one too. Not a lot happened but that is when they are funniest I think.
Sorry no idea about the plant thing!

no worries, thanks all the same :)

I've been watching their vlogs since they first started (having been a longtime subscriber of James' "Completed it Mate" channel) and I really like them. Down to earth, normal, not whacky, good parents, wholesome etc.

I always assumed that James must make so much money from Cameo they'll never be hard up so Claire won't need to work.

But on that note, I always wondered if there are any legal/contractual considerations when an actor will be "in character" for Cameos. Surely 95% of video requests are asking for Jay quotes.

Oh and completely agree with everyone else: their house is really nice and beautifully decorated.

I always skip the Danny Dyer sections of their vlogs too lol!
I totally thought the same. I guess I was ignorant in thinking Cameo and whatever acting work he does now still ( and their savings) could be good enough, but I know that acting really doesn't pay all that much, the love of the craft and all that as they say.

Always been interested in finding their house on rightmove or something before they bought it, would be curious to see the total transformation it's gone through. It's always cool to see celebs' houses.

no worries, thanks all the same :)

I totally thought the same. I guess I was ignorant in thinking Cameo and whatever acting work he does now still ( and their savings) could be good enough, but I know that acting really doesn't pay all that much, the love of the craft and all that as they say.

Always been interested in finding their house on rightmove or something before they bought it, would be curious to see the total transformation it's gone through. It's always cool to see celebs' houses.
I’ve always wanted to find it online as well! Haha! Glad I’m not the only one! Not out of creepiness but just to be nosy! 🤣

Have they mentioned if there's a vlog this week,or is now just wait and see ? Pre management company,they were more consistent, while also taking breaks. I appreciate it could just be time off to be with the boys,which makes sense,but now most of the content whether youtube or IG revolves around promoting or advertising

Have they mentioned if there's a vlog this week,or is now just wait and see ? Pre management company,they were more consistent, while also taking breaks. I appreciate it could just be time off to be with the boys,which makes sense,but now most of the content whether youtube or IG revolves around promoting or advertising
I saw earlier on Clair's IG an apology that there wouldn't be one this week as they were on a break with the boys.
But they could've said that last week as they knew this was coming up 🤷‍♀️

I saw earlier on Clair's IG an apology that there wouldn't be one this week as they were on a break with the boys.
But they could've said that last week as they knew this was coming up 🤷‍♀️
Their management might be turning them off making videos because they want them to produce as much content as possible.