Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

viewtube

VIP Member
I wouldn't be surprised if theres no vlog this week,she posted on IG that she wasn't well. I do think James comes across as quite laid back,probablythe only reason she does it so much. My partner also commented on the way Claire shouts at him and talks to him,not sure most people would put up with it so publicly
I get the impression that Claire is bored with the vlogs, because most of the work and editing is left to her. I think we only got last weeks vlog because she loves Halloween,otherwise probably would have been another vlog free week.

Reactions: 3

leigh213

VIP Member
It's on his own youtube channel not the 'at home with the buckleys' one. It's a while since I watched it but I don't remember him mentioning Emily.

Starts at 48.24
Thank you!!! that'll explain it :)

Edit: just watched it, and I do feel a bit bad for him. I remember reading some of his twitter apologies but had never seen him speak on it and he is being REALLY harsh on himself and taking a lot of personal responsibility for it being awkward. But I think it's more the fault of Jimmy and the powers that be ( rather than the guys) making them redo cringe stuff instead of letting them just reminisce with low pressure, and then do some cool editing. I don't recall that it had enough Greg Davies either so that might've helped lol.

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Can confirm it's definitely a man thing!! I just caught up with the Buckley's and I absolutely love them. James is naturally funny and Clair is brilliant too. If he wasn't already famous, they'd have probably made it big on YouTube anyway!
When I heard ages ago James had a YT channel with his wife I avoided it as I thought it would be endless humble bragging and false. (Nothing against him personally as I knew so little about him, but I sort of dreaded another celeb showing off and getting masses of free stuff whilst pretending to be just like us).
But they genuinely are funny and nice and irritable and bored. The only vloggers I can be bothered to watch these days.

• Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
Enjoying watching James on Celebrity Masterchef,he doesn't take himself too seriously and is down too earth. Some of the others are so desperate to win,you can almost smell the desparation

leigh213

VIP Member
Since they acquired a management team things have become less about the fun Buckleys and more about sponsors,undeclared Ads with hopes of sponsorship at a later date and selling merchandise. Maybe they'd be better doing a fortnightly vlog rather than weekly,which quitecoften isn't posted. I totaagree that they need to make money,buy it's also important that they don't lose the authenticity of their original vlogs. I often wonder if Claire is fed up of vlogging and having to edit while James isvout enjoying himself. I noticed at the end of this vlog she said James is at the Indiana Jones premiere,whilst giving a little eye roll. Quite often she mentions him going out and coming home drunk and sleeping in the guest room. To be fair I'd happily watch vlogs with just Claire and the boys,I find her naturally funny
You said this really well, agree on all points.

Euuu that brought to mind that time when apparently he came home drunk and was sick all over the downstairs bathroom and she woke up and cleaned it up or something- she's a saint. I have emetophobia pretty badly so you're on your own pal, if that were me.

I so miss those early days, their lockdown vlogs were truly the best.

Now as you say it's quite refined down to the ads and bits they have curated that they think we want to see but really we just like the old stuff. Not sure why they often miss weeks unless they just don't have enough footage? If it's because Clair is overwhelmed and needs a break editing I TOTALLY get it. To me that's a totally valid reason but I tend to agree with you that maybe more spread out every 2 weeks would be better.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I see James is going to be on Celeb Masterchef.
I thought he already had been but that was Bake Off wasn't it?

viewtube

VIP Member
She's a SAHM.

The news of James being Cameo's first millionaire might make people think twice about buying their book. Gleam are squeezing them hard it looks like. I wonder if Clair will get fed up of the management after a while?
I agree,I think she may,I think she likes the casual side to the vlogging,but I think she will get fed up of being expected to churn out weekly vlogs interviews and merchandise. James is definitely money orientated and I can understand that he wants to make money while he can, but Claire does seem to do the editing and majority of the filming

leigh213

VIP Member
This is only going to get worse because of the type of men that follow them because they're fans of James. They idolise the character of Jay because they identify so much with him and so think creeping over Clair is funny and okay. One of them even called her "Miss Meek" and I'm wondering if some old creeps from her past are back with their dicks in their hands now she's in the public eye. Clair seems to be trying to attract more women followers but I'm sure the ones who comment on Clair's Instagram are pounced on by the thirsty neckbeards too so are turned off. 'Luckie' girls! :rolleyes:
It's really not okay, how they try to shoehorn those kind of comments both in the YT and now IG comments. Do they think she's just gonna ditch James, like what on Earth are they hoping is going to happen? Alll it's going to do is make her uncomfortable or frustrated and I think them going to a certain point is disrespectful to her AND James.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just discovered them too! Lovely vlogs. So funny and normal. And so good they don't show the children.

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
Yes! This is under the ‘rave section’ if you scroll up to the top of the thread you’ll see that’s where it’s under!

It’s a section on the ‘gossip’ site where you can talk about people you actually like!
Sorry I didn't even realize , I actually don't dislike them tbh .

Loveit17

It’s been Christmas/new year so a lot of vloggers have taken a break 🤷🏻‍♀️
Clair put a thing up on YouTube (not a video just a note to viewers) that they were all set to load a new video and loads of things went wrong and there should be one tomorrow so I’m hoping there is

leigh213

VIP Member
No vlog because of the camera,but no delay in posting the Lego Ad abd gifted items from Krispy kreme Doughnuts. I still watch,but the vlogs seemed more authentic and relatable before a management team got involved,
yeah this is starting to grate on me. Have you noticed the clothing reels Clair has been doing the last couple weeks? Surely those are all for ads or for the sake of click throughs or something too?

• Heart

leigh213

VIP Member
Did anyone see the other day they’ve signed with gleam? Wonder if that will change things at all
Oh Christ on a bike nooooo.

That maybe explains why the last 3-4 vlogs I've really sensed a difference in and not enjoyed? or maybe it was just coincidental.
I too am starting to feel like it's about the money now and that Clair puts in the majority of the work, but maybe she really enjoys it. However she does most everything around the house, so I can see how she'd go off it sometimes.

The one thing is that they always seem to have a healthy relationship and good banter all the time, hope it's really similar to that IRL; so, I would have a hard time thinking that James makes her feel she has to do all that work. I noticed that they've now featured him being totally plastered and hungover in several vlogs, I wonder if he does it a lot more often that we don't see.

I'm surprised their numbers aren't increasing that much, what with the way Clair reposts people watching their vlogs the min they drop and loads of comments coming in, I would think the subs would be steadily climbing faster.

Edit: just caught up on this last page and yeah no, if they're going to start being this way about every bit of money and ads and linking, I'll be a goner.

leigh213

VIP Member
I've only just watched yesterday's vlog, I noticed under the video where the thumbs up etc is, there's a new'thanks'button, apparently it's a super thanks, to donate to the channel, either £2,£5,£10or £50. As much as I like the Buckleys and understand that they need to earn money, I find this 'super thanks' button greedy,it's very clear that their management team are starting to show their influence. I really hope they don't move away from the 'real' content to staged content with their 'youtube' friends, Joe Sugg made yet another appearance
See, this really bothers me too. Like, a lot. Everyone- the world over- middle and lower class families are having a HELL of a time trying to afford things. Gas, food, and I know people unable to go to any doctors and going to food pantries. So, when you're fairly well off, to have those kinds of donations available, it just rubs me a bit wrong. I know it's everyone's right, but I used to do YouTube and really needed the $ and still could never bring myself to ask. Idk I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

superthanks.jpg

• Heart

leigh213

VIP Member
I'm starting to be put off by his videos with other, more famous people, like he's using them for views. I'm not sure if that's what going on. First Danny, then Joe Sugg, and now Tom Felton. It just seems a little disingenuous, especially because I thought they were just doing the channel as a hobby.